D.C. Police chief changing stance on guns??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2015, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 07:35 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
D.C. Police chief changing stance on guns??
Washington D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier has long been one of the most anti-gun police chiefs in the nation. She'll be on 60 minutes tonight at 7:00PM EST. Apparently she's now advocating for the carrying of firearms by citizens due to the rise in active shooter situations and terrorist threats like the recent Paris attacks. She cites police response times as a major problem, so to save lives the attacker should be taken out.

"Not preparing yourself, its just not an option anymore."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/when-calling...nt-enough/

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
22-11-2015, 05:49 PM
RE: D.C. Police chief changing stance on guns
Sounds like a sharp lady....

I wonder what department she'll be working for next week...................

(considering what a buncha wingnuts you have running D.C.)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-11-2015, 05:56 PM
At least a decade ago, wasn't DC one of the guncrime heaviest city regions in the country? I think it's a bit irrational to have that not be the basis for such a believe instead of this outside fear.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-11-2015, 06:47 PM
(22-11-2015 05:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  At least a decade ago, wasn't DC one of the guncrime heaviest city regions in the country? I think it's a bit irrational to have that not be the basis for such a believe instead of this outside fear.

If you actually listen to the interview she does not reverse course on her gun stance she merely states that in the off chance that you are involved in a mass shooting you should try to flee the scene or if the opportunity presents itself stop the gunman in contrast to the usual police advice of not trying to stop a crime yourself. She never mentioned guns so not sure where that came from.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-11-2015, 07:12 PM
(22-11-2015 06:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 05:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  At least a decade ago, wasn't DC one of the guncrime heaviest city regions in the country? I think it's a bit irrational to have that not be the basis for such a believe instead of this outside fear.

If you actually listen to the interview she does not reverse course on her gun stance she merely states that in the off chance that you are involved in a mass shooting you should try to flee the scene or if the opportunity presents itself stop the gunman in contrast to the usual police advice of not trying to stop a crime yourself. She never mentioned guns so not sure where that came from.

I think she didn't want to come right out and say it. She kind of beat around the bush using terms like "take him out" and "put him down." She was being politically correct in my opinion. Especially given where she works and who her bosses are. But most everyone knows what she meant.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-11-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: D.C. Police chief changing stance on guns??
(22-11-2015 06:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I rather doubt she was advocating going up against a shooter unarmed. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Yet she's still only approved 45 CCWs.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-11-2015, 09:48 AM
And probably for the "beautiful people" in power....

Peons need not apply....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Brazil is in the midst of making some big changes to its gun laws.

Brazil Set to Recognize Individual Gun Rights

Quote:Brazil’s congress is set to vote on legislation that would eliminate many of its restrictive gun laws and recognize the right for individuals to own guns for self-protection.

“Brazil is an extremely violent country and the state has failed to resolve this problem,” Laudivio Carvalho of the Brazilian Democratic Movement Party, who wrote the legislation, told Time.

“The population needs the right to defend themselves, their family, and their property as they are the ones being attacked. Ninety percent of assaults are being carried out with illegal weapons.”

The bill would remove restrictions that require Brazilian citizens to obtain approval from government officials before purchasing firearms as well as lower the age of ownership from 25 to 21. It would also increase the number of firearms and amount of ammunition Brazilians can purchase each year. However, they would still be limited to nine firearms and 600 rounds of ammunition per year.

'Murican Canadian
23-11-2015, 10:31 AM
(22-11-2015 04:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Washington D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier has long been one of the most anti-gun police chiefs in the nation. She'll be on 60 minutes tonight at 7:00PM EST. Apparently she's now advocating for the carrying of firearms by citizens due to the rise in active shooter situations and terrorist threats like the recent Paris attacks.

ummm .... yeah. I don't see anything about her advocating for carrying of firearms. Like any where in the article. What she is suggesting is the same active shooter training we get every year: "Run. If you can't run hide.. If you can't hide fight." Don't see anything about gun ownership at all anywhere in the article.

(22-11-2015 04:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  "Not preparing yourself, its just not an option anymore."

ummm ... yeah. Like my comment above, I can't find that quote anywhere in the article. did you post the wrong article?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post