D.C. Police chief changing stance on guns??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 12:25 PM
RE: D.C. Police chief changing stance on guns??
(23-11-2015 12:06 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  D.C. police chief. We just did. It all ties together. If this cop is really not changing her position, and is only advocating for us to throw our shoes and hats at a terrorist with an AK47 as some of you suggest, then I'm countering it with they're all hypocrites. She gets to carry a gun, even when she's off duty due to her job. The politicians get armed guards on the taxpayer dime. The rest of us have to throw our shoes?

I'm not suggesting it, DHS is suggesting it. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 12:27 PM
(23-11-2015 12:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Because Oakland. Drinking Beverage

Weeping

Honestly, no fucking clue. If the president is pro gun, then he won't need the secret service or something.

No. I'm not arguing they don't need security, I'm saying its hypocritical to say "I need protection right here right now, you need to call 911 and wait for the police."

Yanno what....

Whatever. Drinking Beverage I don't see it as hypocrisy any more than I see the secret service (providing security) as hypocritical to a pro or even anti-gun president.

but again...

Whatever floats (and gives meaning to) your boat.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-11-2015, 12:28 PM
(23-11-2015 12:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you don't think she meant using firearms, just what do you think she meant? Consider

Why does nobody ever read my links? Weeping

She's just parroting DHS. Run, Hide, Fight.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-11-2015, 12:29 PM
(23-11-2015 12:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why does nobody ever read my links? Weeping

She's just parroting DHS. Run, Hide, Fight.

I did my girlyman Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-11-2015, 12:34 PM
"Run, Hide, Fight"???

Fuck..

I'm too crippled to run, to big to hide....

Damned good thing I'm packing a gun..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-11-2015, 01:05 PM
(23-11-2015 12:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No. I'm not arguing they don't need security, I'm saying its hypocritical to say "I need protection right here right now, you need to call 911 and wait for the police."

Yanno what....

Whatever. Drinking Beverage I don't see it as hypocrisy any more than I see the secret service (providing security) as hypocritical to a pro or even anti-gun president.

but again...

Why is their life more valuable than any other person? Why should they use taxpayer money to pay for their security, then tell the same people paying for their security "you don't get to protect yourself, just call 911." We should tell them the same thing. Sorry Mr. Governor, just call 911 if someone breaks into the governors mansion. They'll be there in 5-6 minutes.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
23-11-2015, 01:17 PM
(23-11-2015 01:05 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yanno what....

but again...

Why is their life more valuable than any other person? Why should they use taxpayer money to pay for their security, then tell the same people paying for their security "you don't get to protect yourself, just call 911." We should tell them the same thing. Sorry Mr. Governor, just call 911 if someone breaks into the governors mansion. They'll be there in 5-6 minutes.

Again, why does the president need the secret service? Why does the secret service follow around candidates for president? Why protect not just them, but also close staff or family?

So you must be all for dismissing them as well?

I don't see it as hypocrisy. Sorry I don't see myself or you as being more important than the President (or a governor, mayor, congress member or senator -- whether I agree or disagree with their brand of politics).

But again whatever.

23-11-2015, 01:56 PM
(23-11-2015 01:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 01:05 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Why is their life more valuable than any other person? Why should they use taxpayer money to pay for their security, then tell the same people paying for their security "you don't get to protect yourself, just call 911." We should tell them the same thing. Sorry Mr. Governor, just call 911 if someone breaks into the governors mansion. They'll be there in 5-6 minutes.

Again, why does the president need the secret service? Why does the secret service follow around candidates for president? Why protect not just them, but also close staff or family?

So you must be all for dismissing them as well?

I don't see it as hypocrisy. Sorry I don't see myself or you as being more important than the President (or a governor, mayor, congress member or senator -- whether I agree or disagree with their brand of politics).

But again whatever.

I guess that's the difference between the two sides. You think your elected leaders are more important than you. They are bound to a different set of rules. They agree with you. To them you are subjects.

The other side thinks everyone has the right to self defense. The right wing politician has armed security, and he is just fine with everyone else being armed as well.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
23-11-2015, 02:02 PM
For purely selfish reasons, I appreciate the different stance in Canada. The fact that you aren't allowed to carry anything for self defense here causes all types of jobs involving armed security qualifications to pay significantly more than they would in the states Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-11-2015, 04:09 PM
(23-11-2015 12:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you don't think she meant using firearms, just what do you think she meant? Consider

It could mean using a gun if you have one and have a clear shot on the dangerous individual or it could mean tackling (or otherwise incapacitate him with your own two hands or an improvised weapon while he got his back turned or is distracted) him down like the maniac who shot with an AK-47 on the White House a decade ago, or the the gunman who failed is attack in French train or that teenager in Nova Scotia about five years ago who was disarmed by a teacher. Its not like a gun is the only way to stop an armed men, but its probably the easiest one if the most risky in case you miss your shot.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.