D&D Conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: D&D Conversion
(25-05-2013 04:16 PM)Nahli Wrote:  
(25-05-2013 03:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Since they are under the protection of whatever God they are aligned with I suppose they would just go to the realm that God is from. I have actually played a campaign (many moons ago) that had an early christian style monolithic religion that had this power. The Imperium was at war with all other realms but was by far the largest richest and most powerful. It was an interesting campaign since we had all decided to be against the Empire. The major power I am describing was added to give our cleric and paladin extra risk when traveling in Imperium lands.

Once they actually were converted but after they escaped the Imperium reconverted and did a penance to their original protectors. Notice the power is not a permanent change.

I comprehend more fully now, thanks. Sounds like a fun challenging campaign.

It was. Not everything we did was directly involving the Imperium but it usually had ties back to it. Made for a very interesting time in trying to figure out if a simple fetch quest was really a trap set for us, being on the top of the Imperiums hit list.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-05-2013, 06:27 PM
(25-05-2013 04:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-05-2013 04:16 PM)Nahli Wrote:  I comprehend more fully now, thanks. Sounds like a fun challenging campaign.

It was. Not everything we did was directly involving the Imperium but it usually had ties back to it. Made for a very interesting time in trying to figure out if a simple fetch quest was really a trap set for us, being on the top of the Imperiums hit list.

Playing the "good guy" yet also the outcast or enemy of the people, is utterly fascinating.
25-05-2013, 06:51 PM
(25-05-2013 06:27 PM)Nahli Wrote:  
(25-05-2013 04:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It was. Not everything we did was directly involving the Imperium but it usually had ties back to it. Made for a very interesting time in trying to figure out if a simple fetch quest was really a trap set for us, being on the top of the Imperiums hit list.

Playing the "good guy" yet also the outcast or enemy of the people, is utterly fascinating.

It was an interesting dynamic if we were outside the borders of the Imperium we were Hero's inside the borders we were the bad guys. Made for some fun turn about. Plus playing in a "Brink of War" setting has it's own flair, being that if we committed an act of war our own people would throw us to the wolves. Feel free to use the set up in a campaign if you like. Really adds some spice to the regular dungeon packs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense