Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
"Audaces!"
Omniam suddenly shouts.
"Listen up!"
He continues.
"Does anyone know why a set of varied people, who have no connection, where selected to go on this errand?"

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
19-03-2014, 09:26 PM
(19-03-2014 08:22 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  [Edit]
Omniam takes a long amount of time to check his surroundings.

The room the party is in is much nicer then the common room that was to the left of the door upon entrance. A small fireplace with a nice mantle and a clock hanging over it are against the far wall. The clock reads half past 2 in the afternoon. A small bookcase with several books, some bound in wood and others in actual leather, line the wall opposite the large window. From the other common room you hear the sounds of the dozen miners that are all lounging around the table. They appear restless and agitated. The table before you has the ordered food (the bread and cheese mostly eaten) and the drinks are being served in serviceable pewter cups.

The Innkeeper is standing just outside the room, far enough not to seem to be listening to your conversation but close enough to hurry in for any requests. He keeps looking the party over and wiping his brow obviously nervous. Behind him, across from the front entrance is a hallway leading back to the kitchen and a staircase leading up to the private rooms (which have already been set aside for your use). A few barmaids have filtered in and out brining your items and checking on the other room.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
19-03-2014, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2014 09:43 PM by Alex_Leonardo.)
Omniam decides to browse the bookcase, (looking At the titles.) gossip with the barmaids, and then maybe ask the innkeeper why he is so nervous.

MSBB:
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
19-03-2014, 09:44 PM
(19-03-2014 09:39 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Omniam decides to browse the bookcase.

You see several books of fairy stories like The boy who cried Tarrasque, Little Red Bearded Dwarf, and Ghosts and Goblin tales. On the higher shelf you see a copy of the Travels of Jain Farstrider in leather.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-03-2014, 09:53 PM
(19-03-2014 09:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 09:39 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Omniam decides to browse the bookcase.

You see several books of fairy stories like The boy who cried Tarrasque, Little Red Bearded Dwarf, and Ghosts and Goblin tales. On the higher shelf you see a copy of the Travels of Jain Farstrider in leather.

Great. Is there any expository books? If not, Omniam reads "Travels of Jain Farstrider."

MSBB:
Me:
19-03-2014, 10:02 PM
(19-03-2014 09:53 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 09:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You see several books of fairy stories like The boy who cried Tarrasque, Little Red Bearded Dwarf, and Ghosts and Goblin tales. On the higher shelf you see a copy of the Travels of Jain Farstrider in leather.

Great. Is there any expository books? If not, Omniam reads "Travels of Jain Farstrider."

Travels of Jain Farstrider tells of far away places and impossible deeds it is written in journal form and is very engaging. Being over a thousand pages long you quickly become immersed in the book. The writing is so hypnotic that you don't realize your body temperature dropping. As your life essence is being sucked into the book you finally manage to slam the cover shut. The book lifts into the air and collapses in on itself.

You take 4 points of damage and need to rest to regain your vitality.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Omniam decides to rest.
Then, after,
Omniam also tries to report the book to the barmaid or innkeeper.

MSBB:
Me:
19-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Six, Miruion thought, at the flamboyant mage Omniam; seven, to hear - and then see - the cleric Groh'L. Two rather conspicuous entrances. Well; if discretion were a concern at this state, Lord Carys would not have set this meeting at mid-day at an inn.

There shouldn't be many more to hold out for, he mused. Many more than seven in a band would certainly complicate thievery or subterfuge - and we are still not much of a war party. Eight was the more felicitous, but seven had strength to it.

Small sips of well watered wine eased the slow minutes' passing. But not by enough.

"I do not know our employer," Miruion spoke. "Have any of you been in the Duke's service before? Or have you any idea what might trouble his holdings?" He made a slight gesture towards his clothes, and the embroidered crest of his distant origin. "I am only a traveller in these parts..."

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-03-2014, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2014 10:48 PM by Alex_Leonardo.)
"I am a traveler too, Audaces. I haven't served the duke before, but, the duke in my opinion doesn't seem to act in urgency to complete this errand. I am sure it is a hard task to complete," Omniam references to the size of the party. " But probably not an imminent threat to his dukedom."

Omniam suddenly looks afraid. He makes sure none of the barmaids are listening and whispers in Miruion's ear.
"Don't read the books, I suspect a trap."

MSBB:
Me:
20-03-2014, 01:49 AM
(19-03-2014 10:08 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Omniam decides to rest.
Then, after,
Omniam also tries to report the book to the barmaid or innkeeper.

When you reach your room (helped up by 3 of the staff) you collapse upon the bed and fall into a deep sleep. You do not wake for 18 hours.