D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
(30-03-2014 03:08 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "Well, my friend, your mine is free of vermin, but one of our party accidentally caused a portion of it to cave in, and paid for it with his life. I would pay for the disposal of his body once you've dug him out; whatever is customary in this land for burying the respected dead"

*Groh'L casts a look at Isia as he speaks this next bit to the mine owner*

"Since this mine may very well be the largest source of money for food to feed miner's babies, in this village, and the Duke has promised to pay us handsomely for our services, perhaps we.... or I Dodgy ... could give you some coin to hasten the clean up if you have need of it"

Angus' face goes from joy at hearing of the goblins removal to horror when the words "cave in" are spoke. "You lot managed to cause a cave in? Do you know how long it is gonna be before we can be sure it is safe in there again? I was gonna give you all a bit of coin for your troubles but now... (shaking his head) I need to go and talk to my men if we can bring your friend's remains out safely we will if not he will have a miners burial and the proper service."

Angus heads back to the inn with much less enthusiasm as he had when your party first entered town but as he goes his step picks up and by the time he enters the inn he has a determined pace and a hard look on his face. Soon the miners are heading out with Angus at their heels.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Isia walks up to Angus aggressively.

"And who do you think you are?" she says, poking a finger on his chest. "We risked our lives here and a person died just to help you and we don't even deserve a reward?"

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
30-03-2014, 03:33 PM
(30-03-2014 03:29 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Isia walks up to Angus aggressively.

"And who do you think you are?" she says, poking a finger on his chest. "We risked our lives here and a person died just to help you and we don't even deserve a reward?"

Angus stares down at her finger before responding in a low voice "Everyone in this town relies on that mine to live. If you have made it so it is unworkable then this town will die. Talk to your employer if you want more coin ye'll have none of mine."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-03-2014, 03:39 PM
(30-03-2014 03:29 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Isia walks up to Angus aggressively.

*Groh'L tells them to continue on to the mine, interposing himself between Isia and the mine owner*

"It is alright, townspeople, my friend simply forgot the Duke is taking care of our pay Shy "

*Groh'L turns to Isia Angry *

"Did we not come out of that mine with more coins of every color than we had when we went in? I do not take things, including payments, I don't deserve, but I see you have no such scruples! One day's worth of... treasure hunting... not enough for you?"

30-03-2014, 03:40 PM
"Isia!" Thoven snaps.

"We are to be rewarded by the Duke not the miners" he looks at her glaringly.

"These fair gentlemen have had enough trouble with the goblins and now have to clear debris from a cave-in one of our members caused!" "This town is pinched for coin from the lack of money due to the goblins and now it will be some time before they can get back up to full output due to one of our members negligence."

"Pay her no head good sir no reward from you is wanted!" He says with a nod to Angus.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
30-03-2014, 03:40 PM
"That son of a sea urchin Dodgy"

-Guybrush Threepwood-
30-03-2014, 03:42 PM
(30-03-2014 03:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "Did we not come out of that mine with more coins of every color than we had when we went in? I do not take things, including payments, I don't deserve, but I see you have no such scruples! One day's worth of... treasure hunting... not enough for you?"

"It's not that. It's just... uuugh... ungrateful Dodgy"

-Guybrush Threepwood-
30-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Miruion hurriedly followed, wanting to hear Angus's response.

He hesitated briefly before putting a hand to Isia's shoulder and speaking quietly to her. "We have the Duke's money coming - antagonising the miners is unproductive."

But he continued, raising his voice and speaking to the crowd:
"We cannot be held responsible for another's actions. Omniam employed fire magic in the main shaft and brought down the supports, causing a partial cave-in. He did so against all of our advice. He died in the aftermath. His deeds end with him."

He glanced to the other members of the party. How did they feel about Groh'L's suggestion?

"Groh'L has volunteered that we offer you some of the bounty promised us by Lord Carys. I second that sentiment. We shall pay a due for the damages Omniam caused - that will keep you fed until you may clear the tunnel. He and I, at least - I speak for no others." The shades of Angus's mood were hard to gauge - anger dominated. They managed to spend several weeks drinking in idleness before we arrived. Their problems are not our doing. But the goblins were distant; we are right here for them to blame.

... this is my signature!
30-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Isia looks up to Miruion with a quick honest smile.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
30-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Angus looks back at you all "We are just simple folk and good hard working men. The Duke'll look after us, come tax time. But my men will need to eat long before the Duke gets wind of this and with no slate to sell I need my coin for them. Thank ye for your help but I must now go and see what will become of all of us."

With that Angus turns and leaves with his men, heading down the road. A crowd had been forming and was getting a bit bristly at the treatment of the man who employed most of their husbands fathers and brothers. But with Angus' words and the offers from Gruh'l and Muruion the sentiment swung towards that of picking up the pieces in the face of yet another hardship. Some of the local boys (not understanding what the argument was about) dance around you staring in awe at your strange weapons and armor, while their mothers stand off to the side looking concerned for them.