D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
*Groh'L softens the look on his face*

"Ungrateful? That I can understand, and Miruion is correct. On top of that these miners live a harsh life, with death nipping at their heels every time they dig deeper into that pit. Bah. To the Nine Hells with their gratitude; it is enough that they are safe from the goblins we exterminated."

*Groh'L whispers so that only Isia can hear*

"You... pick locks well" Drinking Beverage

*A proud smile comes to his lips, as he speaks louder*

"We came, we saw, we clobbered! I have a wineskin with a tasty red in it to warm us, if anyone would like a drink"

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 04:02 PM
(30-03-2014 04:00 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "You... pick locks well" Drinking Beverage

Wink

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
30-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Miruion offered Isia a quick wink.

He turned to Groh'L. "I agree. Without R'holor's touch through yours I would be in a much worse place. It would probably be best to relax for the rest of the day; it will take time for word to reach Lord Carys in any case. The proprietor of the Lucky Pick knows us well enough."

Addressing the group at large, he added, "The Duke intimated that this was not the limit of trouble in his holdings. We may find ourselves working together for the forseeable future; would it perhaps be helpful to know one another a little better?"

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
30-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Gwen smiled at the boys from the village as they admired everyone's weapons and various acoutrements. She smiled even brighter at a little girl who clung tightly to her mother's skirts just at the edge of the crowd. Something had caught the child's attention alright, but it wasn't their weapons. It was Owlister.

Gwen's avian companion tilted his head, further, further, and further still...

[Image: 1308006789293652.gif]

...with the young child mimicking his movements. In fact, the wee one tilted her head so far that she tipped right over.

Gwen giggled as the child collected herself, only to peer up curiously at Owlister yet again. "Would you like to pet him?" Gwen offered, dropping to one knee so the child could get a closer look.

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
30-03-2014, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 04:24 PM by TheGulegon.)
"Milfa!!! Remind me next time we bash skulls together that I may be able to bless a stone or 3, for you to use in that sling of yours! They would cause greater harm than normal ones, and it simply slipped my mind! Here! Take a drink of this, and tell me what you think."

*Groh'L hangs the wineskin out for Milfa to take*

"A grand idea, Miruion! I think there may be much fighting at each others sides in the future. ...Would you like a drink? I'd like a drink!"

*Groh'L drinks* Big Grin

30-03-2014, 04:18 PM
(30-03-2014 04:13 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Gwen smiled at the boys from the village as they admired everyone's weapons and various acoutrements. She smiled even brighter at a little girl who clung tightly to her mother's skirts just at the edge of the crowd. Something had caught the child's attention alright, but it wasn't their weapons. It was Owlister.

Gwen's avian companion tilted his head, further, further, and further still...

[Image: 1308006789293652.gif]

...with the young child mimicking his movements. In fact, the wee one tilted her head so far that she tipped right over.

Gwen giggled as the child collected herself, only to peer up curiously at Owlister yet again. "Would you like to pet him?" Gwen offered, dropping to one knee so the child could get a closer look.

The little girl hides her face blushing, but also sticks her hand out to stroke the owl. She works her way closer and when she finally makes contact softly brushes her fingers through the owl's feathers. Petting him she smiles up at you and softly says "Hi, my name is Lilly."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
30-03-2014, 04:20 PM
(whispering) "What is your plan Groh'L and what do you hope to achieve? I may be of some assistance"
30-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Milfa accepts the wineskin gratefully and smiles and takes a sip.

"Blessed stones would most certainly be appreciated"
30-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Miruion leaned back and fingered the scorches on his outer robe. Benighted Omniam. If the miners are owed for their damages, what of mine? He smiled to himself. This will not be easily replaceable in these parts. Such was life far from home.

Motion caught his eye - the fluttering of Gwen's owl. And the little girl eyeing it. One would think the girl had never seen one before, Miruion thought; but he could not help but smile.

... this is my signature!
30-03-2014, 04:33 PM
(30-03-2014 04:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The little girl hides her face blushing, but also sticks her hand out to stroke the owl. She works her way closer and when she finally makes contact softly brushes her fingers through the owl's feathers. Petting him she smiles up at you and softly says "Hi, my name is Lilly."

"Mine is Gwen, and this is Owlister."

Lilly smiled and continued to ruffle Owlister's feathers, much to the owl's enjoyment.

Gwen observed the child with something akin to... loss. Lilly knew exactly who her mother was, could turn back and seek the comfort that only a parent could give. There was no one for Gwen to turn to in that way. Just names on a paper.

And there was no going back to Papa.

Gwen furrowed her brow, careful not to let the child see. No need for Lilly to think she was the cause of that. No, it was that word that'd done it, for he hadn't been her father at all. Only her master.

No wonder he'd treated her so. Gwen had thought it was her being a girl that drew his contempt, thought he'd hoped for a son and that her arrival had disappointed him, but it wasn't that at all. She was his property to do with as he pleased.

Heat bloomed in Gwen's eyes, a single tear escaping to slide down her cheek. She wiped it away with the back of her hand.

"He's very sweet, isn't he?" she asked Lilly.