D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
(30-03-2014 04:33 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 04:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The little girl hides her face blushing, but also sticks her hand out to stroke the owl. She works her way closer and when she finally makes contact softly brushes her fingers through the owl's feathers. Petting him she smiles up at you and softly says "Hi, my name is Lilly."

"Mine is Gwen, and this is Owlister."

Lilly smiled and continued to ruffle Owlister's feathers, much to the owl's enjoyment.

Gwen observed the child with something akin to... loss. Lilly knew exactly who her mother was, could turn back and seek the comfort that only a parent could give. There was no one for Gwen to turn to in that way. Just names on a paper.

And there was no going back to Papa.

Gwen furrowed her brow, careful not to let the child see. No need for Lilly to think she was the cause of that. No, it was that word that'd done it, for he hadn't been her father at all. Only her master.

No wonder he'd treated her so. Gwen had thought it was her being a girl that drew his contempt, thought he'd hoped for a son and that her arrival had disappointed him, but it wasn't that at all. She was his property to do with as he pleased.

Heat bloomed in Gwen's eyes, a single tear escaping to slide down her cheek. She wiped it away with the back of her hand.

"He's very sweet, isn't he?" she asked Lilly.

Lilly nods at you and giggles when Owlister begin moving his head around. Soon other children are gathered around you, none coming within reaching distance yet but all with big eyes watching Lilly pet the Owl.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 05:00 PM by TheGulegon.)
(30-03-2014 04:20 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  (whispering) "What is your plan Groh'L and what do you hope to achieve? I may be of some assistance"

"My plan? I am young, yet, in the service of R'holor, so my plan remains simple: Thwart the aims of evil wherever I find it, in his name Shy Though such a monumental task can not be undertaken at all times, so R'holor does not frown on victory celebrations Wink "

*Groh'L takes a swig of wine*

"If you'll fight by my side, again, you'll have your stones"

*Groh'L pulls his ruby out from under his robes, and lightly addresses the crowd*

"If any of you townspeople are curious about the Lord Of Light, I can tell you stories of his glory once we've returned to the inn"

31-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Everyone else is celebrating, Nathlana decides to check out the magic ring that was found.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
31-03-2014, 03:27 AM
(31-03-2014 03:12 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Everyone else is celebrating, Nathlana decides to check out the magic ring that was found.

You head back to your room at the inn and sequester yourself inside. Taking out your spellbook you find the correct incantation. Drawing up the spell with your usual flair for calligraphy you begin to chant in the arcane tongue after laying the ring on the piece of paper in front of you. The room seems to darken as the item begins to glow a brilliant bluish-white the ring begins to move shaking and hopping up before it finally leaps into the air at eye level and begins to rapidly spin. The arcane symbols you drew on the page lift off and surround the spinning ring, you increase the speed of your chant as the symbols one by one merge behind the spinning ring, as the last symbol joins the others they form the Rune of Knowledge and the ring stops spinning but hangs suspended in midair. Looking at it you now KNOW everything about this ring. It was enchanted a long time ago and has been held by many masters. The metal is not silver but an alloy of silver and moonstone favored by the elves of the far western forests. When someone not gifted with night vision wears this ring they gain the ability to see.

Ring of Infravision (35 yards)

Earned bonus 10 xp

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Hmmm this could certainly be handy...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
31-03-2014, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2014 06:43 AM by Mathilda.)
Milfa takes each member of the party aside one by one and reminds them that we haven't yet explored the entire mines. We only came back to recover and there may still be stragglers in there. No one told us about ogres for example. Therefore someone bigger than her should warn the miners that they all still need to check that it is safe and not to go back just yet. But the miners can at least know for sure now that the goblin chief and his body guards are dead.
31-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Nathlana say quietly enough for only Milfa to hear, "you may have a point, I don't know much about ogres though"

01-04-2014, 02:39 AM
(31-03-2014 03:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Milfa takes each member of the party aside one by one and reminds them that we haven't yet explored the entire mines. We only came back to recover and there may still be stragglers in there. No one told us about ogres for example. Therefore someone bigger than her should warn the miners that they all still need to check that it is safe and not to go back just yet. But the miners can at least know for sure now that the goblin chief and his body guards are dead.

"I'm not really interested in dealing with anything else that has to do with the miners, unless I get paid good."

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
01-04-2014, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 08:34 AM by Revenant77x.)
As you are speaking to the villagers a large shadow passes overhead. At first you think it is just a cloud until you hear the roar. Looking up you see the magnificent and terrifying sight of a great red wyrm. From nose to tail he must be 300 feet long, his jaws massive, each dagger-like tooth is 3 feet long. With another roar he lets forth a burst of flame overhead before landing heavily in front of you. Clawing the ground in front of him like a boar he roars again and breaths a stream of liquid flame over his head. The heat is immense.

Actions

01-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Thoven takes a sip of his wine and upon hearing the commotion outside gets up and exits the tavern.

At the sight of the dragon Thoven draws his rapier and slowly walks to sixty feet in front of it!

"You there good dragon what business do you have in this fine hamlet?"

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post