D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
Gyrand Crazlemot leads you back to his home (which is on the far side of the square from the inn) he shows you to a small room with hot water basins and instructs a servant to bring you to the main room when you are refreshed.

Upon finishing washing up you are lead into the main hall, a large fireplace sits behind the long table merrily burning away. You see the table is covered in many dishes, roasted meats of various kinds and several sauces, vegetables and tubers make up the bulk of the dishes.

Gyrand: Sit. Sit. Please enjoy yourselves. What is mine is yours for this evening. It has been so long since I have spoken to fellow adventurers, I had to give it up oh more than 30 years ago now. I don't move so well these days, why even 10 years ago those goblins would have had a mean surprise or two from me but now I can barely walk from one end of town to the other. Age catches up with us all. So tell me of yourselves and your adventures.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Milfa stands up and bows to the Gyrand Crazlemot.

"I am Milfa Saggins. Granted that I may be a mere halfling, and a small one at that. But so much the better for showing that stature is not the sole feature by which one can be judged. I do not have any significant skills except that I am handy when slinging rocks at relatively large objects and I make a small target that is easily forgotten about. I suspect for that reason I provide a contingency for the party in case the worst happens. For my part, I partake in adventures so that I have some stories to tell afterwards. Life is fleeting but stories endure."
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
03-04-2014, 12:48 PM
(03-04-2014 12:45 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Milfa stands up and bows to the Gyrand Crazlemot.

"I am Milfa Saggins. Granted that I may be a mere halfling, and a small one at that. But so much the better for showing that stature is not the sole feature by which one can be judged. I do not have any significant skills except that I am handy when slinging rocks at relatively large objects and I make a small target that is easily forgotten about. I suspect for that reason I provide a contingency for the party in case the worst happens. For my part, I partake in adventures so that I have some stories to tell afterwards. Life is fleeting but stories endure."

Gyrand: Oh yes my dear believe me as a gnome I know very well how small stature can be used to fool some oaf into discrediting us. Why I can't even recall the number of giants I have slain who never even thought to look my way. Ahh good times. I do so miss the carefree life.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Isia is slightly annoyed by the trick played on her, as it made her look ridiculously terrified. She doesn't look like she really enjoys Gyrand's company and remains silent.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
03-04-2014, 02:49 PM
I arrived late on purpose the first day, so as to avoid introductions. Now this "funny guy" is putting us on the spot? Maybe I'm being to pessimistic, I'll just hope no one notices if I say nothing. I'm rather interested in hearing about some of my companions anyways

Nathlana looks at Thoven secretly hoping he speaks up next.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
03-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Thoven sips his wine and leans back in his chair. "Nothing much to say about myself really!"

"I was a guard for a lord until a couple of years ago but was exiled from his lands after he found out about a tryst I had with his eldest daughter."

"He had me fitted for the noose but she pleaded for my life to be spared and in exchange she would marry the man of her fathers choosing."

"Since then I have traveled the land as a hired sword."

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
03-04-2014, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 09:48 PM by TheGulegon.)
*Groh'L nods at Thoven*

"A ladies man, ey! I should like to introduce you to a fire acolyte, sometime, friend! I have no doubt they could bring you into the light of R'holor" Wink

"Mine is a simple story, as well. The village in which I was born was attacked; my parents slain. Me and a number of other children were taken to be sold. I was the youngest on the slaver's auction block the day I met Tries'M, a High Priestess of R'holor! She said she saw R'holor's fire in my eyes, and to be honest, I remember feeling rather defiant, but after getting to know her, and learning from her, I think it was actually that she simply couldn't stand to watch a child as young as the one I'd been sold into what would have no doubt been horrific depravity! A simple story, but a long one...

*A look of introspection crosses Groh'L's face*

"Even.... even if Tries'M had not saved me that day...

*Groh'L clears his throat, dark moods playing across his face; holding his red ruby tight in his right fist*

"Two years ago she... died! On that day I decided to take up her fight against the Dark One, and his minions, and his machinations!! I will crush them where ever I find them!!!!!!!! My struggle with all things evil will end when all things evil DIE, or when I am vanquished! That is all you need concern yourself with!"

*Groh'L shakes off his sullen mood, aware that he almost said too much*

"Gyrand... might you have something stronger than wine?"

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
03-04-2014, 05:41 PM
(03-04-2014 05:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  *Groh'L nods at Thoven*

"A ladies man, ey! I should like to introduce you to a fire acolyte, sometime, friend! I have no doubt they could bring you into the light of R'holor" Wink

"Mine is a simple story, as well. The village in which I was born was attacked; my parents slain. Me and a number of other children were taken to be sold. I was the youngest on the slaver's auction block the day I met Tries'M, a High Priestess of R'holor! She said she saw R'holor's fire in my eyes, and to be honest, I remember feeling rather defiant, but after getting to know her, and learning from her, I think it was actually that she simply couldn't stand to watch a child as young as the one I'd been sold into what would have no doubt been horrific depravity! A simple story, but a long one...

*A look of introspection crosses Groh'L's face*

"Even.... even if Tries'M had not saved me that day...

*Groh'L clears his throat, dark moods playing across his dace; holding his red ruby tight in his right fist*

"Two years ago she... died! On that day I decided to take up her fight against the Dark One, and his minions, and his machinations!! I will crush them where ever I find them!!!!!!!! My struggle with all things evil will end when all things evil DIE, or when I am vanquished! That is all you need concern yourself with!"

*Groh'L shakes off his sullen mood, aware that he almost said too much*

"Gyrand... might you have something stronger than wine?"

Gyrand: Stronger? Hmm I do believe we have some casks of brandy. *He claps his hands and instructs a servant to fetch one for you* R'holor, hmm that is not one of the gods I am familiar with. Granted I have not made God's a study of mine for some time. I met some people once... err elsewhere that had a wonderful notion about the nature of Gods. Said they were just ascended mortals and not god's at all. Said the real God or Gods would not intervene in mortal realms. Have a book about it somewhere... or did I give that away... Never mind never mind.

Now Thoven, was it? I seem to recall your face. Have you passed this way before? Maybe a year or so ago? Ahh here is the brandy, enjoy everyone and eat, eat. Ahh so nice to have fresh stories and new company. You have no idea how dull rural life can be after a couple decades.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-04-2014, 06:21 PM
*Groh'L tests the brandy*

*In a voice made hoarse by the liquor*
"Smoooth"
"This is delicious, my lord, thank you! For the spirits and the food!"

"You know, Gyrand, I would be honored to pull a cart behind me for you to lounge in, if you were of a mind to join us on our next adventure! I think it would be quite the spectacle, indeed, to see you best your foes!"

03-04-2014, 06:32 PM
(03-04-2014 06:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  *Groh'L tests the brandy*

*In a voice made hoarse by the liquor*
"Smoooth"
"This is delicious, my lord, thank you! For the spirits and the food!"

"You know, Gyrand, I would be honored to pull a cart behind me for you to lounge in, if you were of a mind to join us on our next adventure! I think it would be quite the spectacle, indeed, to see you best your foes!"

Gyrand sighs wistfully and stares off into space for a moment.

Gyrand: No, no I have my duties and adventuring is for the young. Tempting however. You like the brandy eh? Elf make you know, Cutarin distillery from out west. Get a few casks every season. Saved one of their kin from an Ice Giant once. Nice people, for elves.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post