D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
Cutarin...

Gwen shifted uncomfortably in her seat, stealing glances now and again at the old gnome while she fed small bits of meat to Owlister.

Cutarin...

The name settled in Gwen's throat, choking her, making it hard to breathe. Should she ask? Did she dare to? What good would it even do? Perhaps these Cutarin's were not of her line at all.

But if they were... If they were, she could not forgive herself for keeping quiet.

"Um, sir?" she asked, her voice tight and on the verge of cracking. "These Cutarin's you speak of..."

Have they mentioned a daughter parted from them?

Have they glossed over the telling of it, dressed up the awful truth of the matter?

Have they whispered one breath about me at all?

"...how well do you know them?"

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
03-04-2014, 07:17 PM
(03-04-2014 07:09 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Cutarin...

Gwen shifted uncomfortably in her seat, stealing glances now and again at the old gnome while she fed small bits of meat to Owlister.

Cutarin...

The name settled in Gwen's throat, choking her, making it hard to breathe. Should she ask? Did she dare to? What good would it even do? Perhaps these Cutarin's were not of her line at all.

But if they were... If they were, she could not forgive herself for keeping quiet.

"Um, sir?" she asked, her voice tight and on the verge of cracking. "These Cutarin's you speak of..."

Have they mentioned a daughter parted from them?

Have they glossed over the telling of it, dressed up the awful truth of the matter?

Have they whispered one breath about me at all?

"...how well do you know them?"

Gyrand taps the side of his cheek for a few moments after you speak.

Gyrand: Hmmm it was about 50 years ago, I saved a lesser scion of that clan. Can't say I know them very well at that. Elves have long memories so they probably would know my name and I am an elf-friend for life. Why my dear, are they kin to you?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-04-2014, 07:56 PM
(03-04-2014 07:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Gyrand taps the side of his cheek for a few moments after you speak.

Gyrand: Hmmm it was about 50 years ago, I saved a lesser scion of that clan. Can't say I know them very well at that. Elves have long memories so they probably would know my name and I am an elf-friend for life. Why my dear, are they kin to you?

"Honestly, I cannot be certain. Cutarin was simply the name on the Letter of Apprenticeship I found in my master's things."

Gwen clapped a hand over her mouth. The words had spilled out before she could stop them. Not that they wouldn't have found out eventually, but she had hardly intended to share so much with strangers. Still, they didn't know the worst of it.

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
03-04-2014, 07:58 PM
(03-04-2014 07:56 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 07:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Gyrand taps the side of his cheek for a few moments after you speak.

"Honestly, I cannot be certain. Cutarin was simply the name on the Letter of Apprenticeship I found in my master's things."

Gwen clapped a hand over her mouth. The words had spilled out before she could stop them. Not that they wouldn't have found out eventually, but she had hardly intended to share so much with strangers. Still, they didn't know the worst of it.

Gyrand: Hmm well if you wish I could send a letter of inquiry, it may lead nowhere but then again...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
(03-04-2014 07:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Gyrand: Hmm well if you wish I could send a letter of inquiry, it may lead nowhere but then again...

Surely it couldn't hurt to have Gyrand check into the matter. At best, it might give her a bit of information. At worst, she'd be in much the same boat as she was now. "I would appreciate that, yes." Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
03-04-2014, 08:13 PM
(03-04-2014 08:08 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 07:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Gyrand: Hmm well if you wish I could send a letter of inquiry, it may lead nowhere but then again...

Surely it couldn't hurt to have Gyrand check into the matter. At best, it might give her a bit of information. At worst, she'd be in much the same boat as she was now. "I would appreciate that, yes." Drinking Beverage

Gyrand smiles paternally at you and motions to a hunched bookish looking man. He quickly describes what he wants in the letter and sends the man off.

Gyrand: My clerk will draw a letter of inquiry up for me to sign and I will send it off in the morning, my dear. I must say that is a lovely owl. Oh here comes the boar. Wild caught in my chef's special sauce. Everyone must try some.

Two servants carry a large silver tray on which a whole roasted boar and a large tureen of a brown sauce rest. The boar is a lovely golden brown with a quince in it's mouth.

06-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Milfa looks over to Gyrand and says while carefully trying to figure out if he is hiding anything (like who put those magical books in the inn for example).

"I have to admit to having a few questions about this job. I'd be interested to know why the goblins invaded that mine for example. Maybe they were just looking for a new home after having been pushed out elsewhere? Although once we know that there are no stragglers still in the mine, I suppose our contract with the Duke will be over and we no longer have to care. I think we work well as a team though and it would be a shame to break up the party so do you have any suggestions where we may find further work after this?"
06-04-2014, 08:16 AM
(06-04-2014 08:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Milfa looks over to Gyrand and says while carefully trying to figure out if he is hiding anything (like who put those magical books in the inn for example).

"I have to admit to having a few questions about this job. I'd be interested to know why the goblins invaded that mine for example. Maybe they were just looking for a new home after having been pushed out elsewhere? Although once we know that there are no stragglers still in the mine, I suppose our contract with the Duke will be over and we no longer have to care. I think we work well as a team though and it would be a shame to break up the party so do you have any suggestions where we may find further work after this?"

Gyrand: From the sound of it that half-ogre probably split off a new clan and was looking for a spot to build it up. Go further into the mountains and it is crawling with goblins, but it is rare they would come to this side. As for your contract the message I received earlier said that you were under his orders to restore the trade route and restore the production in this town. Clearing that mine out will be a big help there, I am sure Angus will be able to repair whatever damage was done, but that is only one of the issues we are having.

There is a group of bandits operating to the north, they are smart and the patrols never seem to find them but they hit near every shipment. To the south the farmers are having a devil of a time with a wolf pack. Any assistance you could offer would be much appreciated, and well rewarded.

06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
"Nearly every shipment? Well that sounds like a priority to me. There's no point in having a working mine clear of goblins if the miners are just working to line the pockets of bandits. Who can we meet to find out more about how the produce is shipped out and where the bandits might be able to sell their stolen goods?"
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-04-2014, 10:08 AM
(06-04-2014 09:58 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  "Nearly every shipment? Well that sounds like a priority to me. There's no point in having a working mine clear of goblins if the miners are just working to line the pockets of bandits. Who can we meet to find out more about how the produce is shipped out and where the bandits might be able to sell their stolen goods?"

Gyrand: Sir Carvin is the captain of the town guard and he has been leading the excursions to eliminate these bandits. I will have him fully brief you on the situation. I'm sure he would have been able to handle this if he had a full company of men but this town has always been very peaceful so we only have a handful of guards. Enough to keep the peace but I fear the situation has deteriorated so swiftly that he has found himself very undermanned.