D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 07:13 AM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
"What of the miners?" asked Gwen, turning her attention to Miruion.

He raised an eyebrow, and she at once began to doubt herself. The others were so bold, so sure of themselves, and here she was, reticent to speak even a word.

But if... just if she were right, it might mean the difference between being cooped up in an establishment that brought only bad memories, and getting outdoors into the fresh air and sunshine.

Owlister ruffled his feathers, smelling of forest and sky.

She pressed on. "Clearly this is a village built around its mining industry, and those gentlemen at that table look... rather upset. Perhaps we ought to question them?"

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
20-03-2014, 07:27 AM
So we've all been sent here for some reason. Either someone's going to come along and explain everything or we already have the information.

I read my scroll.
20-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Isia was starting to feel impatient. Giving everyone an unimpressed look, she complained:

"Did we gather here in order to read books and question miners? We've got a job to do and no one seems to know what that is. Am I the only one who is still wondering?"

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
20-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Omniam listened to Gwen and decided to confront the miners.
"Hello, fellow townspeople, is there anything that's been bothering you in this town?"
Omniam askes.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-03-2014, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 09:49 AM by Revenant77x.)
* Going to move this forward now if you have not done your intro post still feel free to do so but I want to get into the game*

As Omniam is being helped upstairs a middle aged man with weathered features and an eye patch approaches the table.

"Ye be the Duke's men eh? I was afraid word would never reach him. My name is Angus Strongpick and I own and run the Slate mine outside of town. "Bout a month past my boys were returning to the mine for the morning shift only to find that a bleeding pack of goblins had taken residence. None of us are trained fighters, we're just honest workers so since then no slate has been coming out of the mine and this town is going to dry up without the trade. Now before Ye ask I don't know how many there are some o' the lads claimed they saw hundreds others say it was less than 20 and no one has been brave enough to go and find out. Go south down the road for about 4 miles and ye will come to the mine clear out those thieving Goblins and I'll add 10 gold pieces to whatever the Duke is giving you."

With that Angus nods at you and heads back to the other common room. Looking at the clock you realise that walking to the mine now would have you getting there at dusk giving an advantage to the goblin forces and with Omniam laid up for the evening you would not be at full strength.

Your rooms are already paid for so if you wish to rest we can reconvene at midmorning and head down to the mine, unless you wish to scope out the town further.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm going to ask around in the inn if there has ever been an incident with goblins like this before. And if so I want to know what happened. I also want to know if anyone's got an idea as to where the goblins came from.
20-03-2014, 09:55 AM
(20-03-2014 09:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm going to ask around in the inn if there has ever been an incident with goblins like this before. And if so I want to know what happened. I also want to know if anyone's got an idea as to where the goblins came from.

The Miners claim to have never seen a Goblin before except in the story books. Basil says as far as he know there have never been Goblins in this area but they might have come down from the mountains.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-03-2014, 10:03 AM
(20-03-2014 09:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 09:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm going to ask around in the inn if there has ever been an incident with goblins like this before. And if so I want to know what happened. I also want to know if anyone's got an idea as to where the goblins came from.

The Miners claim to have never seen a Goblin before except in the story books. Basil says as far as he know there have never been Goblins in this area but they might have come down from the mountains.

"Is a goblin king and a magic ring invooooooolveeed?"
I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. Big Grin
Omniam shouts rhythmically down from upstairs, and then continues resting AND eavesdropping in on the conversation.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-03-2014, 10:12 AM
(20-03-2014 10:03 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 09:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The Miners claim to have never seen a Goblin before except in the story books. Basil says as far as he know there have never been Goblins in this area but they might have come down from the mountains.

"Is a goblin king and a magic ring invooooooolveeed?"
I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. Big Grin
Omniam shouts rhythmically down from upstairs, and then continues resting AND eavesdropping in on the conversation.

*As you are unconscious you are unable to interact with the party*

20-03-2014, 10:20 AM
A young girl, 22, slowly pulls up in the Duke's carriage. She's late, just the way she planned it so she could skip the introductions. She steps out and you can see she's about 5'6". She straightens her corset and looks around. The first thing she spots is a stunning man with long black hair holding a scroll just like hers. She walks over to him, presses her body up against his side, looks into his eyes and waits. The man is startled at first until he sees her scroll. Then he simply says "the name's Thoven". She smiles slightly, "Nathlana Tigersoul".

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post