D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
Groh'l and Thoven advance on the last assailant and strike out as their weapons arc towards him the sharp pains in the rest of the group cease but their weapons bounce off what feels like a solid wall. Gwens arrow bounces off this invisible wall as well and sticks in Groh'ls shield.

Up close you can see sickly purple pox marked skin and tentacles coming out of the creatures face, but he has hair on his head and his arms and body look human. Starting at you with all too human eyes he slurs his words as though unused to speaking around the tentacles.

"Who are you and how did you resit my master's call? All others who have slept here have gone to feed him and hasten his reawakening. Gnptha qnixthuu fatagn."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2014, 07:46 PM
*Groh'L raises his voice so that his compatriots can all hear*

"Cease your attacks for now, friends"

*Groh'L addresses the creature*

"I can not speak for my friend here, but I am unaffected by your earthly master's wishes no doubt because my heavenly one will not allow it! Perhaps my Lord of Light, R'holor, also granted my friend the same boon for being so ready to battle evil"

Consider

"Which brings us to you? Illithids eat brains, not transform humans into illithids! The 2 cannot mate, either! So... what are you? Are they corrupting you?"

*Groh'L is NOT leaving himself open to attack while he speaks! Shield is up, mace is out!*

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
14-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Thoven glares at the creature before him. "Your master be damned!" "You will free our companions from what be spells them and lay down your arms."

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
14-05-2014, 07:53 PM
(14-05-2014 07:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  *Groh'L raises his voice so that his compatriots can all hear*

"Cease your attacks for now, friends"

*Groh'L addresses the creature*

"I can not speak for my friend here, but I am unaffected by your earthly master's wishes no doubt because my heavenly one will not allow it! Perhaps my Lord of Light, R'holor, also granted my friend the same boon for being so ready to battle evil"

Consider

"Which brings us to you? Illithids eat brains, not transform humans into illithids! The 2 cannot mate, either! So... what are you? Are they corrupting you?"

*Groh'L is NOT leaving himself open to attack while he speaks! Shield is up, mace is out!*

The creature laughs contemptuously at your speech. He looks slowly around and then answers you

Fool, you and your false god will be driven from this plane when it's true master returns. I am no slave I am Chosen! The return is soon and alignment nears at the conjunction they will return and Darkness shall rule.

He begins to back up still staring at you as he enters the shadow of a tree he disappears completely.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-05-2014, 08:42 PM
"That was exciting"

*Groh'L elbows Thoven and whispers*

"Don't tell anyone, butt for a minute there I thought we might have been food for thought for real, heh" Confused
"Go back to the fire and have everyone who needs them, light some torches, and search the immediate area, if you would, Thoven. I wish to pray alone at the spot where our new friend disappeared."

*Groh'L turns to yell over his shoulder at Isia, while unsticking Gwen's projectile from his shield and tossing it back to her*

"Good aim, Gwen" Wink
"Pilfering those 2 dead bodies isn't beyond your skill, is it, treasure hunter? Tell us what you find!"

*Groh'L kneels at the spot where the villain disappeared and begins to pray to R'holor to allow him to Detect Magic/Poison/Chaos/Evil/Good/Law/Undead*

15-05-2014, 03:38 AM
"Or we could wait for daylight, search for entrances to their lair and trap them in it"
15-05-2014, 03:49 AM
(15-05-2014 03:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  "Or we could wait for daylight, search for entrances to their lair and trap them in it"

"Their lair will probably be enchanted. I'm not sure if we can face them right now with what we have.
What do you guys think?"

Isia starts searching the bodies (if they haven't disappeared or anything).

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
15-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Gwen took a moment to try and figure out where Owlister had gone off to. The creature had frightened him, it seemed, and he'd taken off in the opposite direction.

In his absence, I may as well take a look around and search the forest for possible clues as to our unwanted visitors
Gwen thought.

15-05-2014, 10:49 AM
"I would like to point out that our weapons were blocked by an invisible force field of some kind. We had better figure out a means of being able to attack them before we seek them out"
15-05-2014, 11:01 AM
(14-05-2014 08:42 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "That was exciting"

*Groh'L elbows Thoven and whispers*

"Don't tell anyone, butt for a minute there I thought we might have been food for thought for real, heh" Confused
"Go back to the fire and have everyone who needs them, light some torches, and search the immediate area, if you would, Thoven. I wish to pray alone at the spot where our new friend disappeared."

*Groh'L turns to yell over his shoulder at Isia, while unsticking Gwen's projectile from his shield and tossing it back to her*

"Good aim, Gwen" Wink
"Pilfering those 2 dead bodies isn't beyond your skill, is it, treasure hunter? Tell us what you find!"

*Groh'L kneels at the spot where the villain disappeared and begins to pray to R'holor to allow him to Detect Magic/Poison/Chaos/Evil/Good/Law/Undead*

Your spells detect little, faint traces of evil and law and a slightly stronger trace of magic but nowhere near as strong as if spells had been cast. You get the feeling that deep magic had been cast on the figure you had spoken with but not recently.

(15-05-2014 03:49 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 03:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  "Or we could wait for daylight, search for entrances to their lair and trap them in it"

"Their lair will probably be enchanted. I'm not sure if we can face them right now with what we have.
What do you guys think?"

Isia starts searching the bodies (if they haven't disappeared or anything).

The men are dressed simply in peasants clothes they each have a long dagger that you notice are poisoned (the edges are covered in a murky white substance that you carefully avoid) they have very little on them except for a small Ivory Bas Relief showing an image of a face similar to the departed creature over what appears to be a megalithic city. It is not very distinct and you cannot say what city is supposed to be depicted.

(15-05-2014 10:46 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Gwen took a moment to try and figure out where Owlister had gone off to. The creature had frightened him, it seemed, and he'd taken off in the opposite direction.

In his absence, I may as well take a look around and search the forest for possible clues as to our unwanted visitors
Gwen thought.

You begin scanning the forest floor and can make out the tracks the three took however not far from where you lost sight of the creature the tracks suddenly end. It is as if they appeared out of nowhere. The only oddity is the grass right before the tracks begin seem to have been cut with a razor clean in half in a line about 6 feet wide. Near the end of the tracks a subtle smell of damp decay as one might find in the bottom of a cave or in the infamous underdark is present but dissipating, as if someone opened a door to a fungus farm and then closed it again. There is no sign of your assailant past this point. As you turn to report your findings Owlister alights on your shoulder and begins to nibble at your ear affectionately.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post