D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2014, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2014 10:23 AM by Revenant77x.)
RE: D&D In Character Thread
You finish your meal and spend the rest of the day recovering from the previous night. In the morning you are led out to the manor's stable and are each given a horse (Milfa is given a stout pony to fit her stature) A tall young man dressed in a black clothes of a fine make is waiting beside his own dark horse. He could pass for either a minor lord or a very well to do merchant. His blonde hair hangs to his shoulders and is held back by a braided leather headband. A velvet cape hangs down his back the black exterior darker than the rest of his clothes with the only bit of color being the blood red interior. The cape is thrown back over the hilt of an odd sword, it has a long straight handle but the sword itself seems to have a slight curve. It is resting in a lacquered scabbard wrapped with silk rope. He looks you all over intensely before breaking out into an amicable grin. You feel drawn to this young man as his warmth and personality come through that smile.

"Greetings friends, Gyrand asked me to take you out hunting wolves this fine morning. I am Dexter the Unpredictable, a bit of a joke that seems to have stuck. I hear you lot have had some fine adventures, wish I had been around to clear those caves out with you. Well the wolves wont wait on our pleasure so if you would kindly follow me."

Dexter leads you past farmhouses and deeper into the forest, soon only game trails can be seen. Eventually he pulls up and gestures towards a rocky hill.

Dex: "That seems to be the beasts lair, from what Master Gyrand's game warden says. Must be 3 dozen of the beasts all told but no knowing how many are there now. Do any of you have a suggestion for how to approach this?"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-05-2014, 10:30 AM
"I doubt we could handle 3 dozens of them at once" says Isia, still trying to hold back her laughter when looking at Milfa's pony.

"We do need to find out their actual number. I'm good at passing by unnoticed, but I'm afraid those creatures' sense of smell and hearing is far too strong even for me to spy on them."

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
18-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Milfa says nothing but has the demeanour of someone who is becomming exceedingly annoyed because they think people may be laughing at them. Eventually she mutters:

"What we really need is someone who is long legged or who can ride a fast horse and who could possibly out run a pack of wolves so that we could lead them into a trap, say a deep hole covered over with branches with sharpened spikes at the bottom"
18-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Gwen dismounted her horse, deciding the best approach would be on foot. "I'll sneak in close, and try to get an idea of their numbers," she told the others.

18-05-2014, 11:00 AM
You circle around the hill staying downwind until you get close enough to see the opening. You see a large opening and can see back a good distance into the cave. Out front 2 large wolves lay as if sleeping while 6 smaller wolves are all spread around the opening. Surprisingly you see no cubs. You make your way back to the group and report your findings"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Gwen made her way back to the group and told them what she'd seen. "There are eight of them. Two larger ones, six smaller ones. The biggest two look as if they might be sleeping."

19-05-2014, 04:25 PM
"Has anyone got the suspicion that these wolves may be rather intelligent rather than just your garden variety wild beast? I bet the sleeping wolves are carefully sensing their environment."
19-05-2014, 04:36 PM
(19-05-2014 04:25 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  "Has anyone got the suspicion that these wolves may be rather intelligent rather than just your garden variety wild beast? I bet the sleeping wolves are carefully sensing their environment."

"I was going to suggest that our archers, and slingers, send a volley into that lot lounging at the opening, and Thoven, Miruion, and I could set ourselves defensively to intercept them if they attempt to attack the source of their woes, but then the same thought occurred to me, Mathilda! They might break ranks and flee to the relative safety of their pack mates! I am wholly unfamiliar in dealing with evil that isn't attached to an intelligent mind, so if they are just normal wolves, I've no idea how to deal with them aside from a full frontal assault!"

"But I'm ready for whatever course of action we all agree upon!"

*Groh'L lazily holds his shield & mace at hand, ready for whatever is decided*

19-05-2014, 04:41 PM
"Well I know that dogs will chase you the moment you run away. All we need is a small meal for them to accidentally wander in, freeze, wait to get noticed and then start running to a trap set for them."
19-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Dex listens in on your plans and begins to laugh enthusiastically

Dex: "Oh, my this will be fun. I tell you what I know a trick or two and as long as no one stands in front of me I can maybe bring one of those oversized rugs down to size."