D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 08:22 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
Gwen considered Isia's struggle with one of the smallish wolves. Too risky to try and aim for the beast with her travel companion so close.

Yes, best to stick with the already stunned wolf and hasten his death.

Gwen shoots an arrow at Wolf 2.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 01:04 AM
Isis tries to stab the wolf on its head.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Punch wolf #3 in the face.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
21-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Milfa looks around in case they are being surrounded by other wolves creeping up on them.
21-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Both attacks dazed alpha female.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
21-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Groh'l Hits wolf 3 for 7 Damage

Gwen Hits wolf 2 for 7 Damage

wolf 2 dies

Isia Hits wolf 3 for 5 Damage

Miruion Hits wolf 3 for 5 damage

wolf 3 dies

Groh'l manages to reach the bucking wolf Isia was stradling and delivers a fierce blow with his greatmace. Gwen meanwhile puts an arrow right in the brainstem of the stunned alpha female dropping her instantly. Isia stabs down on the wolf she is astride as Miruion gives a frightful blow to the animal. A sickening snap is heard as the creatures neck is broken from the force of the blow.

Dex walks up and flips out a small knife and begins to field dress the wolves before skinning them.

Dex: "Well friends that was impressive, as soon as I get the hides off these prizes we can move out and see if there are any other pack roaming about but unless I miss my guess I would say these two were the Alpha's. With them put down this pack will break up and move on to easier hunting grounds. Tidy work, this, but still it is puzzling why this pack would come down into an area with poor hunting this time of year."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-05-2014, 08:41 PM
*Groh'L, thankful for the opportunity to focus on something other than Isia's well being, thinks this little episode was a bit too easy*

"So... that's it? We are not to investigate the reason behind the wolves appearance here? Or check to make sure there are no more candidates for alphas? I'm not complaining, Dexter; I'm keen to get back on the trail of the larger threat of the illithid-things, too! But this feels like it was a bit too easily wrapped up."

Consider

"But you do know these land, and it's creatures, better than I. I'll defer to your judgment!"

21-05-2014, 09:03 PM
"It is puzzling, isn't it? That they'd be here in times of poor hunting." Gwen managed a glance at Dex, just in time to see Owlister alight on his shoulder!

"Perhaps they were running from something," she said, barely containing her laughter as Owlister's head swiveled this way and that, rapt as he was in Dex's skinning of the wolves.

Dex didn't seem to be at all startled by Owlister's sudden presence. "Zarok!" he exclaimed, turning to look at the young owlet. "Oh, I..." He shook his head, at a loss for words, and went back to his work.

21-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Dex looks at the young owling for a moment before saying: "I thought you were my familiar Zarok. Do you belong to someone here?" Glances over at Gwen "Yes, too many coincidences for my taste. First those goblins in a land where they are all but unknown now wolves out of season and those fellows you found up north. If I were a betting man, and I am, I would wager a pretty that there was some kind of connection."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Dex finishes skinning the wolves and places the hides in a sack tied to his saddle. The party remounts and begins searching the surrounding area until Gwen spots a trail with fresh tracks. The group follows the trail for going on two hours until they come up to one of the isolated farms that butte up agianst the edge of the wilderness. An unnatural hush fills the air as even the birds have ceased their singing. There is no one in sight but off a quarter mile from the edge of the clearing you enter stands a small farmhouse. It looks well maintained, the roof is freshly thatched and the surrounding area seems well kept, but there is not a single living soul to be seen.

Cautiously you approach the farmhouse until getting closer you see the door is hanging open. Dismounting you push open the door to find a scene out of a twisted nightmare inside. 4 men in black robes are standing over the bodies of 6 people chanting in an unknown language. Other than the 4 in robes only a crying child (about 6 years old) and her older sister (who seems to be about 15) are still living, both are huddled in the corner farthest away from the gore covered scene. The other former occupants of the farm have been mutilated and partially skinned. Organs and limbs have been removed and stacked neatly into piles and were that not stomach turning enough you see that the corpse they are currently carving up had been many months pregnant. Groh'l and Thoven (the first ones through the door) upon seeing this noisily lose the contents of their stomachs. The loud retching sounds behind them alert one of the men in robes and he turns to see the party and gives a shout of warning to his companions.

Please give combat actions