• 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
*Omniam flails around in his sleep.*

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Thoven takes a sip of his wine and smiles at the young lass pressed against his side.

"Well my good Sir Strongpick if what you say indeed be true then I suggest that we get a good nights rest and head out at first light." "Goblins can be right fierce lot fighting at night in the dark but with the sun at our backs they should be no match for a party as fine as ours" He says while looking at Nathlana.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 3 users Like Crulax's post
20-03-2014, 03:58 PM
I surreptitiously look around the inn on a frequent basis to see if anyone is watching us.
20-03-2014, 04:05 PM
(20-03-2014 03:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I surreptitiously look around the inn on a frequent basis to see if anyone is watching us.

Everyone is keeping their distance and painfully not watching you. Most of the miners seem scared of your group.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-03-2014, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 05:36 PM by TheGulegon.)
Stupid Errors

20-03-2014, 05:34 PM
After Angus says his piece, and the miners are being spoken with, Groh'L does not like the... feel of this place! And decides to ask Basil a few questions where some of the party may hear...

"INNKEEPER"
"yes, good sir"
"How was it that a book that does harm to it's reader, then vanishes after doing so, came to be in your establishment? A member of our party is already incapacitated & possibly in need of my skills at healing because he read... your...?... book!"

Groh'L pulls his medallion to let it hang at his chest in full view, and places a very serious look on his face...

"It is very important you answer honestly, Mr. Keepton!"

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
20-03-2014, 05:35 PM
*Omniam rolls around the bed violently.*

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Any immediate response to the others was cut short by Strongpick's entrance and long-awaited explanation. Goblins, then. We are to fight goblins? But the situation remained less than clear. Their origins were uncertain. Their numbers were uncertain. Their temperament was uncertain. Their organisation was uncertain. But - with Nathlana's arrival seven were now an auspicious eight. A disparate ensemble, to be sure; but such would ideally be suited to almost any eventuality.

It would be better to leave early the next morning - for all the good daylight would do them underground. That left a great deal of time to pass. But it was time to spend gathering information and planning.

Miruion turned back to Gwen. She'd spoken of casing the miners just before Strongpick had arrived. Hesitate though she had to have spoken at all. He fixed her with a longer glance than he'd given when she entered. That bird is an interesting companion. Is she a ranger of some sort? Perhaps she is simply uncomfortable indoors.

"You guessed well," he said, once Strongpick's briefing had ended. "The goodman Angus said none of the miners have returned to the site. A month's remove from a glimpse in the dark will have frayed their tales - or overwrought them - but we have little else to go on at the moment. We should see what they remember."

Miss Saggins had seemed to disappear almost immediately. A useful skill, Miruion noted, tempted to smile. It seemed fair to assume she'd had the same thought. Thoven and Nathlana seemed otherwise occupied getting... acquainted. Groh'L seemed to be bellowing something at the innkeeper.

He rose, allowing his fingers a brief tug at his robes to straighten the drape. I'll see what the miners here know - I expect Miss Saggins is doing the same. Perhaps we may learn something worthwhile; perhaps Gwen will join us.

He nodded to Gwen as he passed, giving her the choice of accompanying him.

At some point later it might also do to check on Omniam...

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
20-03-2014, 05:42 PM
(20-03-2014 05:34 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  After Angus says his piece, and the miners are being spoken with, Groh'L does not like the... feel of this place! And decides to ask Basil a few questions where some of the party may hear...

"INNKEEPER"
"yes, good sir"
"How was it that a book that does harm to it's reader, then vanishes after doing so, came to be in your establishment? A member of our party is already incapacitated & possibly in need of my skills at healing because he read... your...?... book!"

Groh'L pulls his medallion to let it hang at his chest in full view, and places a very serious look on his face...

"It is very important you answer honestly, Mr. Keepton!"

Basil looks petrified as he stammers to answer you."M'lord That book has sat on that shelf for over 100 years, everyone in town has read it before and it never did that. Is there anything you can do to make sure that nothing else like that happens?" By the end of his statement he is practically begging you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-03-2014, 05:46 PM
(20-03-2014 05:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Any immediate response to the others was cut short by Strongpick's entrance and long-awaited explanation. Goblins, then. We are to fight goblins? But the situation remained less than clear. Their origins were uncertain. Their numbers were uncertain. Their temperament was uncertain. Their organisation was uncertain. But - with Nathlana's arrival seven were now an auspicious eight. A disparate ensemble, to be sure; but such would ideally be suited to almost any eventuality.

It would be better to leave early the next morning - for all the good daylight would do them underground. That left a great deal of time to pass. But it was time to spend gathering information and planning.

Miruion turned back to Gwen. She'd spoken of casing the miners just before Strongpick had arrived. Hesitate though she had to have spoken at all. He fixed her with a longer glance than he'd given when she entered. That bird is an interesting companion. Is she a ranger of some sort? Perhaps she is simply uncomfortable indoors.

"You guessed well," he said, once Strongpick's briefing had ended. "The goodman Angus said none of the miners have returned to the site. A month's remove from a glimpse in the dark will have frayed their tales - or overwrought them - but we have little else to go on at the moment. We should see what they remember."

Miss Saggins had seemed to disappear almost immediately. A useful skill, Miruion noted, tempted to smile. It seemed fair to assume she'd had the same thought. Thoven and Nathlana seemed otherwise occupied getting... acquainted. Groh'L seemed to be bellowing something at the innkeeper.

He rose, allowing his fingers a brief tug at his robes to straighten the drape. I'll see what the miners here know - I expect Miss Saggins is doing the same. Perhaps we may learn something worthwhile; perhaps Gwen will join us.

He nodded to Gwen as he passed, giving her the choice of accompanying him.

At some point later it might also do to check on Omniam...

It is much as you feared each miner recalls a different number and most seem to exaggerate the size of the creatures (You know very well no goblin is the size of a house) you gain no real intel on the situation other than the confirmation of what Angus had told you earlier.