D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
*Groh'L nods to Dexter, dark thoughts of his own swirling in his head. Butt quickly shakes off his musings when he sees the look of worry on Isia's face*

"Oh, come now, woman! You look like someone just left a bowel movement in your breakfast bowl! *Groh'L chuckles a bit at his own outrageously funny humor* I'm the one who spilled me last meal all over this fine farm house floor! You did fine"

"Come help me check these fiends pockets, Isia; see what we can find!"

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
29-05-2014, 11:36 PM
(29-05-2014 08:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  *Groh'L nods to Dexter, dark thoughts of his own swirling in his head. Butt quickly shakes off his musings when he sees the look of worry on Isia's face*

"Oh, come now, woman! You look like someone just left a bowel movement in your breakfast bowl! *Groh'L chuckles a bit at his own outrageously funny humor* I'm the one who spilled me last meal all over this fine farm house floor! You did fine"

"Come help me check these fiends pockets, Isia; see what we can find!"

"I..."

Isia looks at Gwen who is comforting the little girl and then looks at the older child. She looks tense and hesitant.

"I'm just not used to this kind of stuff."

She reluctantly starts searching the bodies.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
30-05-2014, 02:12 AM
Milfa decides that her diminutive size might well be an advantage in comforting the older sister as she will appear less threatening to someone who will undoubtedly be traumatised. She walks up to the older sister and smiles compassionately while looking into her eyes.

"You're safe now. I think you and your sister should come outside with me and Gwen and get some fresh air. My name is Milfa."
30-05-2014, 02:29 AM
The older girl is near catatonic with shock but allows Milfa to lead her out of the house. The younger one is still crying in Gwens arms as she carries the young child behind Milfa.

Isia goes through the 2 dead mens pockets quickly and finds each has a ring with a green gem that seems odd. They are flat and twisted in such a way that if you trace your finger around the edge it goes around both the inside and outside edges.... The things only had one side and it pained you to try and make sense of them. As you stood transfixed with the rings Dex comes up and removes them from you saying something about possibly dangerous magics. He takes a small purse off his belt and adds these 2 rings to the 2 he had already removed from the captives.

As strange and unnerving as the rings were however the other item all four carried was even more disturbing. Bas Relief ivory carvings identical to the ones you found up north, upon seeing one Dex does a double take and his face loses what little colour it had left.

Dex: Unless there is anything else you would like to check here I suggest we get the prisoners and the two girls back to town. I will send some men out here and make sure these people get a proper burial."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-05-2014, 06:28 PM
*Groh'L notices Dexter's abrupt loss of color*

"I'll take it for granted that to pray over those items to discern the morality of their construction would be a waste of time! They are dark, and born of a source darker still, I'll wager! I'm in agreement we should leave this fell place, and would suggest you recommend to your burial crew to burn this house to the ground and rebuild! Rid the countryside of the lingerings of the evil performed here. The fire of R'holor can cleanse all!"

30-05-2014, 07:14 PM
(30-05-2014 06:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  *Groh'L notices Dexter's abrupt loss of color*

"I'll take it for granted that to pray over those items to discern the morality of their construction would be a waste of time! They are dark, and born of a source darker still, I'll wager! I'm in agreement we should leave this fell place, and would suggest you recommend to your burial crew to burn this house to the ground and rebuild! Rid the countryside of the lingerings of the evil performed here. The fire of R'holor can cleanse all!"

Dex nods and pats Groh'l on the arm before heading outside. They tie the two men to the horses (one on Dex's and the wounded man on Groh'ls so he can keep him alive with some light healing) Isia and Gwen ride double with the two girls. The ride back to town is uneventful save for Grohl having to stop and heal his captive twice as he began to bleed out. Upon arrival back in Righton Dex summons the guard captain and dispenses orders to have the outlying farms checked and the farm house they had returned from burned with proper rites given to the fallen. This done he leads you back into the manor and you met up with Lord Gyrand. Dex huddles with him for a few moments before they return offering repast and condolences that they are unable to join you as they have to begin interrogating the prisoners.

The two girls are taken away by the female staff and you see them again at diner both having been given baths and fresh clothes but neither eating much or speaking at all. After supper you retire to your rooms and seek the solace of sleep.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-05-2014, 08:53 AM
In the morning as you make your way to the great hall you discover Dex hunched over the table. The morning meal is laid out but all he has before him is one of the rings you found the previous day along with a relief and a large leather bound book. He keeps wiping his eyes, and that along with his wrinkled clothes show you he had not yet been to bed.

31-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Miruion moved slowly through the morning.

Mere butchery would not trouble us so, he thought, recalling the sights of the previous day. Any madman could do the same. Little difference though that would make to the young witnesses. No; what was troubling was the spectre of purpose. Just what were those men attempting?

He recognised no sign or form in the interrupted ritual. That in itself meant little; rituals the continent over drew the same power from different wells. But the specifics were perhaps better left revealed by the local experts. His resolve needed no such elaboration: whatever the design, such acts were a disruption which could not be permitted to continue.

He found his way to the table and began an absent breakfast, buried in thought.

... this is my signature!
31-05-2014, 09:44 AM
"Looks like someone else didn't get much sleep" Milfa says looking round to see if anyone else takes notice. She yawns and tries to think of something else.
31-05-2014, 03:50 PM
*Groh'L, looking worse now than before he went to bed, makes his way into the room just in time to hear Milfa's statement*

"Then I don't feel so alone, either! Did either of you experience... strange dreams last night, perchance?"