D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
"You mean a deeply disturbing and vivid dream involving the farmhouse, an occult circle, limbs, and falling down to great depths where I encounter some horrific humanoid figure with dragon wings and a mind flayer's face which then proceeds to probe your mind?"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 03:57 PM
(31-05-2014 03:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  "You mean a deeply disturbing and vivid dream involving the farmhouse, an occult circle, limbs, and falling down to great depths where I encounter some horrific humanoid figure with dragon wings and a mind flayer's face which then proceeds to probe your mind?"

"Either you are psychic, Milfa, or you and I had roughly the exact same dream" Confused

31-05-2014, 04:01 PM
(31-05-2014 03:57 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 03:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  "You mean a deeply disturbing and vivid dream involving the farmhouse, an occult circle, limbs, and falling down to great depths where I encounter some horrific humanoid figure with dragon wings and a mind flayer's face which then proceeds to probe your mind?"

"Either you are psychic, Milfa, or you and I had roughly the exact same dream" Confused

Dex looks up from his book and gazes intently between you.

Dex: You two shared a dream? Mind telling me what exactly you saw?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-05-2014, 04:13 PM
"I dreamt that I was alone at the farmhouse but this time the corpses were piled around an occult symbol, some kind of circle. It was glowing but I do not think it was because of the tall black candles. I couldn't help but walk towards it and when I did so the circle grew brighter, the room became darker and I started to fall. Eventually I found myself in an extremely large cavern. I don't know how big it was, I couldn't see the walls but I did hear dripping water which echoed so I know that there were some."

Milfa pauses and stares into the distance for a bit before continuing.

"That's when I saw it. It was huge. And I don't just mean because I am ... " Milfa pauses before continuing " ... short. When it probed my mind it felt alien and somewhat painful. It saw me as a lesser being, completely insignificant."

Milfa stops talking as the dream is replayed in her head.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
31-05-2014, 04:38 PM
"Milfa's description of her dream matches mine perfectly! Normally I'd say a dream is just a dream, but with at least 2 of us having the exact same one, I'm inclined to believe it's either a vision from R'holor, or this thing's attempt to reach out and touch us, telepathically. Which leads me to some speculations... but I'd hear yours, first, though, friends, if you've got them!"

31-05-2014, 04:48 PM
"It saw me as a lesser being, completely insignificant"...
---

"I shared that same dream," Miruion said, "if that is what it was."

He glanced at Milfa, her words echoing in his mind. "Insignificant, perhaps," he said, "and yet sending the vision was deliberate - or was it not? It may be that we received this common dream simply for having become involved."

Miruion closed his eyes to revisit the memory. "The presence was as of an immensely powerful being - but not one I recognise from the lore of my country."

... this is my signature!
31-05-2014, 04:51 PM
"Did we all share the same dream?"
31-05-2014, 05:22 PM
"It seems at least 3 of us did! The goblins, and the wolves, were staked out in caves... we dream of falling into a deep pit... is there an extensive cavern system close by?"

Consider

"I'm having trouble coming up with a way to deal with that thing we saw once we meet up with it! Though I cannot falter in my opposition of it, I fear it may be beyond us!"

31-05-2014, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 06:46 PM by Mathilda.)
"I have to wonder, how did that creature know about us? I am inclined to believe that those men in the black robes that we killed were telepathically linked to that beast in our dreams. We interrupted whatever nefarious deed they were up to and this caught the attention of the monstrosity that reached out to examine us."

Milfa thinks for a moment.

"If it's part of some telepathic hive and that thing just sees us in the same way that we'd view some insignificant insect scurrying off with a scrap of food in a kitchen, it will order some more minions to continue whatever ritual was being performed. That is assuming that it wasn't already completed. If so then either the men sent off to bury the corpses and burn down that farmhouse are in danger, or some other isolated farmhouse will be targetted in the same way."

There is a pause as Milfa thinks though the implications of this.

"If we stop it again it we will attract more than just its attention. We need to find a way to protect ourselves."
31-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Dex: "Did the creature you all saw look anything like this?"

Dex flips a few pages back in the book he had been reading to a large illustration.

[Image: hpl6.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense