D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
(03-06-2014 04:55 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 01:36 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Milfa cautiously picks both rings up.

"Who should these go to?"

"I certainly have no need to carry either around if anyone else wants the things, but I say we share! The next time Isia is called on to forward scout an enemy position, I would wear the ring of silence, so that she wouldn't have to do so, alone!"

*Groh'L quickly adds*

"Or to aid the rest of you, too, ofcourse"

Isia smiles at Groh'L.

"Sharing is good. Yes "

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
04-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Milfa hands over the ring of stealth to Isia.

"Being tall you'll need this more than me because you're easier to spot"
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
04-06-2014, 05:43 AM
(04-06-2014 04:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Milfa hands over the ring of stealth to Isia.

"Being tall you'll need this more than me because you're easier to spot"

Isia raises an eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure I can hide myself quite well, thankyouverymuch. Maybe someone else should keep it for now."

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
04-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Dex: Well then I shall hold onto it for now and will pass it out as needed. We should be moving on as we have far yet to travel and I wish to reach the city as quickly as possible.

The rest of the day and night pass uneventfully. After another 3 days travel the forest abruptly ends and before you spread vast farms and small villages all hugging the road. Dex keeps a fast pace and by mid afternoon you see the walled city of Lycia, seat of Duke Goldbrand and capital of the province. By the time you reach the gates long shadows have fallen and dusk is upon you. The gate guards let you pass as Dex hold up a writ of office, You make your way through the lessening crowds until you reach the manor house. Stablemen come and take your horses and a page leads you to the room where you had first met the Duke. The Duke enters the room a few minutes after you do and comes to stand before you.

Duke Goldbrand: I see that you accomplished much in your trip, but you bring depressing news. I have recieved several missives from Gyrand but I want the whole story from you. From the beginning if possible.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
*It is sometimes quite visible upon his face when Groh'L attempts to remember too much from before the last time he imbibed wine, or spirits! His concentration is noticeable*

Consider

"Well... the 1st bit of trouble came from a book found in The Lucky Pick Inn! I didn't give it much thought then, but now that our group has been assailed by mind attacks, I wonder if our friend who was damaged by reading that magical booby trap of a book hadn't been implanted with some sort of psychic suggestion! It was he who fell to the goblins due to a bad move he made on his own. Or it seemed on his own at the time!"

"Other than that there was the Goblins I just mentioned, and their Ogre friend from the mine. After that we were sent to deal with brigands that turned out to be illithid things! Then dealt with some wolves that had apparently been possesed by those fiends from our final encounter through those awful rings!"

"So quick recap: Booby trap book, goblins, bandits that were really illithids, wolves, then those fiendish evil sorcerers in black robes! I believe Miruion's memory is better than mine though... or anyone elses here, for that matter... but if I've missed anything, let the Duke know!"

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-06-2014, 08:03 PM
"Don't forget about the band of orcs," Gwen said, though they had seemed not to be associated with the mind flayers. "Nor the bas reliefs we came across, either."

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
04-06-2014, 08:43 PM
(04-06-2014 07:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I believe Miruion's memory is better than mine though... or anyone elses here, for that matter...

Miruion started, surprised to hear his name spoken by his companion.

"I may be trained in the arts of the mind, but I do not suppose my innate gifts to surpass any others'. These events you speak of may yet be connected, but we have no grounds to so suppose as of yet. Chaos is omnipresent, though it needn't be attributed to a sole source."

Miruion paused; that was almost certainly an overstatement. "Although... The goblins in the mine were opportunists - their opening was created by the wolves and bandits. And we have found common thread between the possessed wolves and corrupted bandits.

"Our common vision several nights' prior confirms a link between us and some Power; our hope lies in finding Powers in opposition to it and joining our acts to theirs, else we shall fail." Miruion hesitated once more, turning his gaze to Groh'L. "Your patron R'holor is one such Power. I thank him for his aid thus far and note his aid in our deeds as of yet. With utmost respect, I do not have a feel for the balance in this realm, and I do not know how its Powers align. We might further inquire to the Duke himself, to see how the astral scales balance."

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
05-06-2014, 06:36 PM
*Groh'L nods at Miruion*

"Do not be afraid on that account, Miruion! R'holor will not abandon us so long as we stay the course in fighting this evil. Though every bit of aid we can procure for ourselves, even if it doesn't come directly from Him, will surely be of great help to us, and I encourage us to find it!"

05-06-2014, 06:52 PM
The Duke eyes begin to widen as you tell your tale, he gives a start at the mention of shared dreams and bas reliefs. Finally he shakes his head and stares at Dex.

Duke: Klaena katimai! Why was I not informed of an Elder God being involved and a full fledged cult! You did bring me these relics you found?

Dex quickly hands the duke a bas relief and one of the rings from the sack he is holding.

Dex: My Lord we were afraid to send too much via an imperceptible mean. Lord Gyrand thought it best if we were to come bring you this news in person. Does the name Cthulhu hold meaning to you?

Duke: Vi chikohk shafaer shio hewi! Of all the evil in the worlds why did this one have to awaken in my lands? (sighing) Very well since you are already mixed in this beyond repair I supposed we had better get you some protection. 1 months journey to the east lie the Carpathian mountains, in those mountains lies a monastery unlike those known to mortal man. There you will find the Monks of the Silent Mind, they alone can teach you what you need to know to battle the forces that are rising up. I warn you once begun this path will be long and hard and you may lose more friends along the way. However if you succeed, and you can succeed, you will have stopped a terror greater than any living mortal has ever known.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-06-2014, 07:06 PM
*Groh'L knows this must have been the challenge R'holor had in mind when He sent him into the Duke's employ*

"R'holor would have me face this evil, and aid in it's destruction! I cannot turn away from the path to that end! I agree to your plan, my Lord!"