D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
Congratulations you have all reached the second level. Your hit points have doubled. If you would like an updated character sheet I will email a new one on request.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-06-2014, 10:26 AM
The expedition to the mountains is uneventful and once you pass the final village at the base you follow the winding paths up past the cloud line. Near the peak of a high mountain carved into the rock face is a temple of eastern design.
[Image: 20090312231925!Southern_Air_Temple_outlook.png]

You are met by a man with pale almost gray skin and violet eyes, he wears a robe of white and blue with an intricate design on the breast, an eye in white overtop a spiraling maze in blue. He stares at each of you before bowing his head. He does not speak but in your head you hear "Welcome travelers to the temple of the silent mind, your arrival has been expected. Follow me and meet your new master. "
[Image: Dae__zar_the_drow_psionicist_by_Direwrath.jpg]

You are taken through a large courtyard where acolytes are training, some with martial techniques others seemed to be just staring at each other. Your guide does not pause to let you look around as he sweeps you into a large room. At the far end below a shrine but raised up to eye level sits a man in all white, he is seated with his legs crossed beneath him and as you approach closer you realise he is floating a few inches off the ground. The acolyte announces you, still without speaking yet you all can hear him in your head.
[Image: e76cb56fa72f7f4f575598169bd53008.jpg]
The man in white opens his eyes and floats forward, as opposed to the acolyte this is obviously a human, he stares at each you and when he does you feel almost as if your mind is being contracted from all sides. The sensation only lasts for a moment but is not pleasant. When he finished he speaks out loud "Yes, you all have the spark. I am Master Pai Mei but you will only ever call me master as long as you train here. The training will be difficult and I expect you to give all you have anything less than full effort will be punished. Now follow Dae-Zar back to begin your training, he shall instruct you for the time being."

Thus began your life in the monastery, for 3 months you have trained your minds and bodies in the way of the silent mind and have mastered the first step. You have attained the first rank of silent mind.

Mind Blank
Power Score: Wis –7
Initial Cost: 0
Maintenance Cost: 0
Range: 0
Preparation Time: 0
Area of Effect: personal
Prerequisites: none
Mind blank is one of five telepathic defenses against unwanted contact. It
attempts to hide the mind from attack, making its parts unidentifiable. This
defense is particularly effective against a psionic blast and id insinuation.
(See Chapter 2, “ Psionic Combat” for details.)
Mind blank is unique. Unlike the other four defense modes, it costs nothing
to maintain. In fact, a character can still recover PSPs while using this power.
That’s because mind blank is almost instinctual; if a character knows it, it’s
nearly always active, even when he’s sleeping or meditating. The power is
inactive only if 1) the player announces it, or 2) the character uses another
defense mode.
Even though mind blank has no PSP cost, it still constitutes psionic
activity. If the power is active, a character is vulnerable to detection. He
still may attract psionic feeders, or suffer some other unpleasant effect.
A psionicist can use one other psionic power (but not another defense mode)
in the same round that he uses mind blank.

Today is the first free day you have had in several weeks. Your success at mastering the first step has been met with great approval by the monks as they now consider you one of them. There are several areas of interest around the monastery, in the great library are many tomes of forgotten knowledge, below the monastery off the path are a series of caves that hold many secrets to those willing to uncover them and finally there is a small village at the base of the mountain (several hours walk away but you can go and return in a single day if you choose).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Gwen's curiosity was immediately piqued in regards to the library. With so many books there, it was at least possible that they might find some useful information in regards to the Cthulhu cult.

"Would anyone like to accompany Owlister and I to the library? It may take some time, given the sheer number of books it holds, but I believe there is at least a chance we might find some helpful information on this Cthulhu and his cultists."

08-06-2014, 11:05 AM
"I am not sure where we will go after this. I'm considering a walk to the village, maybe spending the night there if there are any inns. It's always worthwhile getting to know the locals, getting them on your side and finding out about the area. The advantage to having a stature like mine is that it makes me less threatening. I need to find out if that path is safe though for a single Halfling."
08-06-2014, 03:29 PM
"I would come with you, Gwen, if that's alright! I, too, am hoping to find some new information about our enemies!"

"That is, ofcourse, unless Milfa would like a companion on her walk to the village! No need for you to go alone, Milfa, unless you want a lone journey!"

09-06-2014, 02:12 PM
(08-06-2014 03:29 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "I would come with you, Gwen, if that's alright! I, too, am hoping to find some new information about our enemies!"

"That is, ofcourse, unless Milfa would like a companion on her walk to the village! No need for you to go alone, Milfa, unless you want a lone journey!"

"I could join you two if that's alright."

Isia's attitude has slightly changed those last three months and it is quite noticeable. She hardly ever insults Milfa now.
Rolleyes

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
09-06-2014, 02:53 PM
With everything that had transpired thus far, there was no way Gwen was going to visit the library alone, no matter how much those old forgotten tomes might beckon to her.

She mentioned as much to her companions. "It looks like Owlister and I will be joining the rest of you in the trek to the village."

09-06-2014, 03:07 PM
(09-06-2014 02:53 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  With everything that had transpired thus far, there was no way Gwen was going to visit the library alone, no matter how much those old forgotten tomes might beckon to her.

She mentioned as much to her companions. "It looks like Owlister and I will be joining the rest of you in the trek to the village."

"One village is much the same as another," Miruion commented. "Libraries, I find, are much less so. Today I shall study, in whatever company might be present."

... this is my signature!
09-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Gwen perked up at the news that Miruion also wished to see the vast library. It would have been nice, yes, to spend a day out of doors, but she could not shake the feeling that they could find something of great use in those tomes.

"I'll accompany you, Miruion."

09-06-2014, 03:38 PM
"Well there's no reason why we can't do the library first and then figure out what to do next if we find any information"