D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 05:54 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
*Omniam does the popular modern dance move, "The minor seizure", subconsciously.*

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Kopia, tumbled out of the moving carriage before it reached the edge of town. He crinkled his nose at the stench of human settlement. This was not his first visit to such places, but he still couldn't get used to the smell. "Why do they allow their excrement to just pile up so?"

He approached the town with caution, alert to every smell, sound and movement.

As he reached the inn he looked around at its exterior, looking for some form of purchase.

He leaned his head toward Juniper, the ferret riding on his shoulder. "Be a dear, and reach the roof for us. See what you can."

Juni flitted from his shoulder and easily found a way to climb to the inn's second story. She began to search for an open window or unused chimney....

Kopai found some shadows to wait in while he broke the seal on the scroll he'd received. He unrolled it and began to read....

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
20-03-2014, 06:28 PM
(20-03-2014 05:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 05:34 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  After Angus says his piece, and the miners are being spoken with, Groh'L does not like the... feel of this place! And decides to ask Basil a few questions where some of the party may hear...

"INNKEEPER"
"yes, good sir"
"How was it that a book that does harm to it's reader, then vanishes after doing so, came to be in your establishment? A member of our party is already incapacitated & possibly in need of my skills at healing because he read... your...?... book!"

Groh'L pulls his medallion to let it hang at his chest in full view, and places a very serious look on his face...

"It is very important you answer honestly, Mr. Keepton!"

Basil looks petrified as he stammers to answer you."M'lord That book has sat on that shelf for over 100 years, everyone in town has read it before and it never did that. Is there anything you can do to make sure that nothing else like that happens?" By the end of his statement he is practically begging you.

Groh'L knows without having to ask R'holor that Basil is telling the truth.

"I apologize Mr. Keepton. You are a good, honest, man. As to what I can do Consider if it is alright with you, I would like to examine those other books, to see if there are any spells cast upon them"
B: "Please do, m'lord. I want no truck with magic. If you find it please rid my Inn of it"
"Very well"

Groh'L gathers all the books into his arms, and looks for a conveniently empty table to do his examinations. He does not want to be too close to others when The Heat envelopes him, and is conscious of the fact that some of the party may never have seen the glow from, or felt the heat of, a R'holor's Ruby.

Thinks to himself:
"Heh. They can learn it now, and know to expect it, when battle is joined. There are no commoners in the room to mistake it for magic, either, so get on with it, Groh'L"

Finding a suitable spot he places the books on the table to speak the ancient words over them 1 at a time, bending over so that his ruby can touch the books....
He awaits discovery...

20-03-2014, 06:32 PM
(20-03-2014 06:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 05:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Basil looks petrified as he stammers to answer you."M'lord That book has sat on that shelf for over 100 years, everyone in town has read it before and it never did that. Is there anything you can do to make sure that nothing else like that happens?" By the end of his statement he is practically begging you.

Groh'L knows without having to ask R'holor that Basil is telling the truth.

"I apologize Mr. Keepton. You are a good, honest, man. As to what I can do Consider if it is alright with you, I would like to examine those other books, to see if there are any spells cast upon them"
B: "Please do, m'lord. I want no truck with magic. If you find it please rid my Inn of it"
"Very well"

Groh'L gathers all the books into his arms, and looks for a conveniently empty table to do his examinations. He does not want to be too close to others when The Heat envelopes him, and is conscious of the fact that some of the party may never have seen the glow from, or felt the heat of, a R'holor's Ruby.

Thinks to himself:
"Heh. They can learn it now, and know to expect it, when battle is joined. There are no commoners in the room to mistake it for magic, either, so get on with it, Groh'L"

Finding a suitable spot he places the books on the table to speak the ancient words over them 1 at a time, bending over so that his ruby can touch the books....
He awaits discovery...

The only magic you sense is passively coming from your some of your companions. A slight afterimage of where the book from earlier folded in on itself is still discernable but other than that you sense nothing out of the ordinary.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-03-2014, 06:33 PM
(20-03-2014 06:21 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Kopia, tumbled out of the moving carriage before it reached the edge of town. He crinkled his nose at the stench of human settlement. This was not his first visit to such places, but he still couldn't get used to the smell. "Why do they allow their excrement to just pile up so?"

He approached the town with caution, alert to every smell, sound and movement.

As he reached the inn he looked around at its exterior, looking for some form of purchase.

He leaned his head toward Juniper, the ferret riding on his shoulder. "Be a dear, and reach the roof for us. See what you can."

Juni flitted from his shoulder and easily found a way to climb to the inn's second story. She began to search for an open window or unused chimney....

Kopai found some shadows to wait in while he broke the seal on the scroll he'd received. He unrolled it and began to read....

Juniper scurries up to the second story and finds a window open. Inside she sees a young elf with an owl perched on her shoulder. You can easily climb up the wall and through the window.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Kopai (correct spelling) climbs to the 2nd story ledge and opens the window further to allow him to squat at the window sill.

He peers curiously at the elf with glowing yellow eyes from behind a thick, bushy gray brow, cracked with age. He is sinewy, his thin limbs seemingly made of old oak roots. But his skin is light in color. His thick, gray hair and bushy beard are wild, but not filthy. It is difficult to judge his height in this pose.

He is wearing what appear to be animal skins, mostly draped over his shoulders and wrapped about his torso. An animal's snout and paw can be made out as part of the skins, possibly wolf.

Kopai, smiling warmly: Good evening. And how are you both tonight?

He spies Lord Goldbrand's scroll in the room.

Kopai: I see we have something in common.

He flashes his scroll to the elf.

Kopai: These could come in handy, no? But, I recommend caution. We should assess how the townsfolk feel about him before waving them about.

Forgive my manners, I am Kopai, Druid of the Order of The Mountain. And what are your names?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
21-03-2014, 01:43 AM
*I am going to jump ahead to the Morning now. If you had anything else you wanted to do last night PM me and we can solo rp it
(This will always be the case if you want to go and do something on your own)

You set out for the mine a bit later than you had intended (Some of the party are apparently Not morning people) Omniam has recovered from his experience with the book and the late comers have been filled in with the few details you know. The road is well maintained and you make good progress until you get to about half a mile from the mine. You had entered the forest about half a mile back, large trees grow to either side of the road but there is little undergrowth. Across the road seem to be the remains of several mine carts hacked up and heaped together to form a crude roadblock, further down the road you head the rough language of goblins and shrill laughter.

21-03-2014, 01:52 AM
Nathlana peers into the distance hoping to catch a glimpse of a goblin. From what she had heard from the others, every miner had a different story about the size of them.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
21-03-2014, 01:56 AM
(21-03-2014 01:52 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nathlana peers into the distance hoping to catch a glimpse of a goblin. From what she had heard from the others, every miner had a different story about the size of them.

You are too far away to see any of them, you can just barely hear them.

21-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Milfa, normally silent and observant, speaks up loudly.

"While the brawn in this party were repleting the energy expended in moving their overly large limbs forcing you to go to bed early, the energy i saved was spent powering my brain which allowed me to find out information"

The small halfling waits a second to allow this to sink in, but not long enough for people to react before she continues.

"We can expect bandits on this road. We should be looking for good ambush points where they may attack, such as those several mine carts heaped together to form a crude roadblock for example. Although the sound of goblins complicates matters. Whether it's goblins or bandits or goblin-bandits, we can soon expect a fight. The coach should stop here for a short while keeping the attention of anyone that is watching us. Meanwhile those that are able to creep around, in other words those of us who aren't encumbered with large bodies, should flank them and silently get rid of as many as possible. Or at the very least distract them. There needs to be enough of us by the coach to keep their attention. We need to co-ordinate our attacks."

The halfling leans back again and closes her eyes. And then remembers.

"Oh, you're probably wondering how some one so small can know all this. Well while you were out practising hacking and slashing, I have studied and committed to memory the greatest military tactics involved in legendary battles of old"