D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2014, 10:53 AM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
The following morning

The monastery is abuzz with talk of the incident in the library the previous day. Much speculation as to how the creature came to be there and what it was. The condition of Miruion was also on the lips of all the other acolytes, however when he appeared at the morning meal he seemed more or less back to his old self. During the meal the non-committed students training at the monastery all sat together as usual, in addition to your group there was Betsy a gnome warrior who had been staying at the monastery waiting on a new bounty, Sarah an elven swordmaster who had come to learn the esoteric fighting style of the monks and surprisingly one of the advanced students Tanis, who normally avoided even the other unaffiliated students. As you sit eating Dae-Zar approaches you.

Dae-Zar: I see you are feeling better Miruion, that is well for we have a situation. Your companions never returned from their outing. I hope they were just delayed in returning and all will be well but I wish for you to go and check up on them. Take Betsy Sarah and Tanis with you in case there is trouble.

As Dae-Zar walks away Dex looks over to Gwen and Miruion before looking the others over.

Dex: Well we had best get moving, I swear if Groh'l is asleep in the bottom of an ale barrel I will turn him into a newt.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Gwen laughed at Dex's comment but immediately felt sick, as if someone had punched her in the stomach. She hoped that their companions' delay could be explained away by their having had a good time, and not by their having run into trouble.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
25-06-2014, 04:42 PM
A small female gnome stands up and walks over to the table of Dex, Gwen and Miruion. She has stringy ginger hair and a rough complexion marked by a few scars. At first glance she seems to hold a placid expression but the occasional twitching of an eye and the rigid, controlled movements suggest that underneath the calm exterior the gnome is exterting a lot of energy in maintaining control.

"Dae-Zar mentioned that you ... might appreciate some ... help. I would be ... honoured ... to find out what happened to your ... comrades. While waiting here I have been ... spending my time studying meditation to find inner peace ..."

The gnome pauses ...

"This place is driving me nuts. Let me come too will ya?"

The gnome pauses again and seemingly mentally admonishes herself before starting a few deep breathing exercises. She continues.

"I can be ... useful."

The gnome looks imploringly at Dex, Gwen and Miruion.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
25-06-2014, 05:30 PM
"THIS... is the group of adventurers you would have me aid, Dae-Zar?"

*Tanis grabs the bridge of his nose, and shakes his head*

"If these club-swingers, and projectile-hurlers, are what I am to be dealing with, I'll need to see your alchemist about purchasing some of his healing potions before I depart!"

*Without quite succeeding at transforming his look of disdain to one lacking any emotion, Tanis stares at each of the adventurers he will be fighting beside, as if he's looking for something*

"I was told there was a disciplined magic-user traveling with your group! Where is this person?"

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
26-06-2014, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2014 11:30 AM by Mathilda.)
Betsy closes her eyes, clenches her fists and starts breathing really hard. She murmurs unintelligible words to herself in her thick accent but a few escape such as:

'promised my instructor'
'can conquer this'
'his problems not mine'
'have control'
'go to my special place, special place, puppies, lots of puppies'
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
26-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Sarah walks up to the table too.

Quick sketch
(let's just pretend this is actually an armor Blush )
[Image: s3XKB6P.jpg]

"My name is Sarah Jenkins" She takes off her hat and bows her head.
"I'm delighted to meet fellow students here. I hope I can be of assistance to you in your search for your friends."

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
30-06-2014, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2014 02:58 AM by Mathilda.)
Betsy tries to maintain her calm demeanour but can't help fidgeting. She's obviously keen to get moving and edges closer towards the door to try and persuade people to move out.

"We ready to go to the village and find yer pished mates? Dinnae worry aboot them. They're probably still boaking in the gutter. Lucky bastards. Nae one comes for me when I feel boggin after a night."

Betsy thinks for a moment.

"At least, that is, not tae help me ..."
30-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Nathlana, previously lost in thoughts about this new comer who mentioned her magic, moves up to stand beside Betsy.
She says nothing but gives the gnome a small smile.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
30-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Dex: Oh great and we get to bring along Captain Sunshine. I swear a newt. Well come on then we ain't got all day.

You make your way down the mountain pass and to the village. You arrive at midmorning and see people in the streets all repairing their homes. You ask around for the Inn but are instead directed to Mayor Barrett. A tall man with a bushy black beard, you find him directing several men in repairing a fence.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Nathlana looks around the village and gets an uneasy feeling. What happened here? She reaches the Mayor first and though it is out of her character to speak first she looks up at him pushing away the butterflies that always come with looking up at a tall man.

Excuse me, would you tell me what is going on here?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post