D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2014, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2014 10:56 AM by Mathilda.)
RE: D&D In Character Thread
Betsy hangs a little way back and looks around at the ruined homes. She tries to figure out if they are making repairs or doing the place up for a special visit. When she feels that no one is looking at her, she edges around slowly so that she can easily get behind the mayor.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
30-06-2014, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 01:01 PM by Revenant77x.)
Mayor Barrett turns to look at your group and slowly shakes his head.

Barrett: I take it you've come for those students from the monastery. Well I'm afraid I've got some bad news. This town is under a terrible curse and last night your friends were caught up in it. We tried to keep them safe but at some point last night they must have left the safety of their room and were killed. I don't know why or how, and neither does anyone else in the village. Each night as dusk sets we lose our senses until morning. No one remembers anything but each day we wake and doors are broken and there is blood everywhere but we are all unhurt. It seems your friends did not share that fate however. We found them at dawn, what was left of them, in the back of the inn, we will make sure they are given a proper burial. I am sorry for what happened to them but they were warned not to leave that room.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-06-2014, 01:59 PM
A knot forms in Gwen's stomach at the news of their companions' fate. At her shoulder, Owlister leans in and rubs his feathers against her cheek, for which Gwen is grateful, else the others see her tears.

"How long?" she asks, nearly choking on the words. "How long has the town been afflicted with this curse?"

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
30-06-2014, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2014 04:40 PM by Mathilda.)
Betsy listens to the Mayor and wonders to herself whether the underground city she grew up in must also be cursed. People losing their senses at night (after some heavy drinking), property being damaged, blood everywhere, everybody fighting before eventually waking up not remembering what happened.

She then realises that her fellow gnomes aren't cursed because they don't wake up magically healed.
30-06-2014, 04:55 PM
"An Elf, a Human, and a Hafling walk into an Inn is fairly common in attempts at humor! The punch line isn't normally 'they were frakking murdered', though Dodgy "

*Tanis appraises this Mayor Barrett*

"Lock a human priest and an elven thief in the same room to keep them safe!! Good to know higher learning isn't a prerequisite for Inn proprietorship, around here Dodgy Probably not a requirement for Mayor, either, eh?"

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
30-06-2014, 05:17 PM
"What aboot their stuff? Is it with their bodies or did it all go missing?" Betsy asks trying to assess whether the travellers were simply murdered for their belongings.
30-06-2014, 05:45 PM
"Our Tasmanian Devil has a point, Mayor?"

"This curse your townspeople suffer from; does it cause them to strip dead people of their belongings and whisk said items away to some convenient hiding spot?"

[Image: hF79C0B6D]

30-06-2014, 08:18 PM
That is far from an airtight story.

"If our friends were set upon suddenly you might have killed them quickly. And then whence the damage? The inn is gutted - so did they fight?
"And if they fought, you would know. You say your wounds are healed by this curse of yours; do you return from death?
"If you only fight each other why could they not escape in the distraction?"

Miruion turned to the three students accompanying the remainder of the party. Aquaintances - or less; faces glimpsed at the monastery, only now given names.
"Our companions had no warning before staying here. Is this 'situation' not known uphill?"
"And if so," he continued, returning narrowed eyes to the mayor, "does it not seem like something better shared than kept silent? Were you planning on doing anything about this 'curse' of yours?"

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
30-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Barrett: Your friends are as we found them. Back of the inn, mostly, as to the rest no one has touched them since they were found. To the curse I have no idea what happens past sunset. For the last 3 weeks at dusk all memory ceases I rise in the morning no worse for wear than when I last remember. The town is oft times in tatters and there can be blood spilled. The first night a fire raged from a lit torch with no one around to tend it. Since then before sunset all flames are extinguished. As to your monks in the clouds who would I send that they would listen to and what could they do? Never gave a lick of care for us before why should they now? Come a month ago one of yours came through here gibbering that he had seen the old one and the world was coming to an end. Assaulted 4 people before he was run out of town, when I sent word to your beloved brothers they never even saw the messenger, said it was of no concern of ours. You friends were warned not to leave their room, as to what happened only the gods know.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Betsy starts getting impatient and agitated. After weeks in the monastery she was so looking forward to a spot of threatening, killing or destroying but she first had to be sure who the enemy was. She didn't want a mystery and everything that could possibly be demolished around her was currently under repair.

Betsy sighs in resignation and looks despondent.

"Aye, well we might as well see the bodies. Let's see how they died. And the back of the inn while we're at it. I need to stock up on supplies."

Betsy pauses as some questions come to mind.

"Tell us though, did the curse happen the first night the mad monk wa' driven oot? Where could he have gone from here?"