D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2014, 10:44 AM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
"That is a tragic turn of events." Sarah turns to Miruion, Gwen and Nathlana.
"Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss."

She then turns to the Mayor, with a more sombre look on her face.
"Sir, we cannot allow such barbarity to go on. Many innocent passersby may have been killed or hurt. We will need you to help us figure out how this happened. In the meantime, we would be happy to help with anything you may need."

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
02-07-2014, 02:35 AM
"One more question Mr Mayor, on the first night when the fire started, was anyone missing the next day?"
02-07-2014, 02:59 AM
Barrett: The curse began a little less than a week after the incident with that monk. As to missing villagers no, there are 50 of us and all are accounted for. We don't see many travelers, traders come twice a year once in the spring for the wool once in the fall for the tabac and in between we are alone. The monks do not come here, ever, any that have are like his lordship over there, nose stuck in the air too good to deal with with a freeman farmer. I don't know if this is related to that mad monk but if he is about he'd be in the blackwood, on the other side of the stream. We don't go in there, people who enter tend not to return, haunted they say. Well you go see about your friends, back of the inn as I said, I have work to do.

Mayor Barrett gives you one last appraising look and then turns back to the men he had been directing and finds them staring at you. He issues a sharp command and they hop back to their repairs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
*Assuming himself to be "this lordship" the Mayor was referring to, Tanis addresses any in the group who will listen*

"'Nose stuck in the air', he says! When, 'sticking his neck out on my behalf and that of my farming community' would be more accurate! I'm having difficulty, just now, understanding why I plan to do just that for a village of ungrateful sod-busters Undecided "

Consider

"I'm assuming, ofcourse, that we are to travel into this forest the Mayor mentioned to track down the Mad Monk, after we've identified your friend's remains! That's my vote, but if whatever quest your band has been on requires our presence elsewhere, disregard my vote!"

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
02-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Miruion watched Tanis as he responded. The bluster was almost charming. But his main point... indelicately put, but valid. The villagers showed no inclination to help themselves. They scorned their nearest outside contact, and seemed unconcerned that they slaughtered the rare few travellers who reached them.

He spoke quietly to his waiting associates.
"These people do not know how to help themselves, and the refuse to be shown the first steps. So be it. We were led here by greater events, and we will pass on to greater events, but the corruption here has taken friends from me, and I will not willingly let that remain unresolved.
"Let us track this lead as we may; none else yet presents itself."

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
03-07-2014, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 12:38 PM by Mathilda.)
Betsy storms off to the inn.

"If I cannae twat someone then I'm off to the boozer to get malkied. Fookin blootered like the alky bisom that I am. Fookin weeks in that fookin monastery and ne'er even a fookin nip 'cept for what I smuggled in. Time to get FOOKING PISHED!"

Betsy kicks a pebble off into the distance and then stops and looks at her pouch.

"Besides, I need a refill to set light to things ... drank all ma gut rot din't I, fookin monks and their fookin inner peace shite ... fook'em"

(Translation: Betsy takes a leisurely stroll to the nearest drinking establishment to purchase the cheapest most flammable distilled liquor that she can possible acquire, preferably in a glass bottle that will easily shatter when thrown with full force at a hard object in the fashion of a molotov cocktail. While there she also decides to partake in some alcoholic refreshment to achieve a light intoxicating effect.)
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
03-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Nathlana wraps her arms around herself as if to prevent falling apart. Abandoning the others, not really interested in discussing whatever comes next. She makes her way quickly to the back of the inn hoping to catch a few minutes without the group to mourn the loss of her friends.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
05-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Gwen sets off to examine the remains of their fallen companions, bringing Owlister along with her.

05-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Gwen makes her way through the inn to the back room. The once stout door is in shatters torn from it's hinges. The floor of the room is covered in sticky drying blood. As Gwen walks towards the largest pile her boots stick to the floor reminding her of exactly what she is standing in. Gwen examines the largest lump, she has seen wolves tear at a carcase and other animals feed but never has she seen the level of savagery she can read on this corpse. The sigil of R'hllor is the only thing that marks it as Groh'ls torso his head and appendages having been ripped off. Gwen quickly removes the bag tied at his waist before moving to the next corpse. Isia's head is still attached to her body but is now facing the wrong direction, Gwen closes her friends eyes and mutters something in elvish before retrieving Isia's pack. Finally Gwen moves to the smallest corpse, Milfa is staring blankly at the ceiling and still has her left arm attached to her torso. Gwen, tears streaming down her face, removes Milfa's pack. As she lifts it up Milfa's flute falls out broken into pieces during the melee. Falling to the blood soaked floor Gwen stares at it before running from the room weeping. The rest of the group finds her sitting the the hallway arms wrapped around her knees weeping and rocking back and forth.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-07-2014, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 02:50 AM by Mathilda.)
Betsy walks into the back room and looks at the carnage. She notices the broken door and the limbs ripped off as if by a creature in a complete uncontrollable rage. She is familiar with the sight. Her eyes focus on the broken flute on the floor by the body of the small halfing.

"Ach! A bard! A wee lassie too! A'wish I got to kenn ye. Fighting is nae the same withoot a bard playing by yer side. I'd have bought ye a set of pipes and ye' could'a shagged the haggis whilst I was going doo-lally. Och .. but it were not to be."

Betsy walks back to the others.

"Aye that's a mess a'right. Ah'll bury the bodies if ye are nae oop to it. Or we can leave it to the villagers so they remember what they have done. Or we can cremate them by burning the place doon."

Betsy looks around.

"Where is that fookin barman anyway?"
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post