D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
"I'd say burn the bodies, but even if they were to rise as undead they won't be able to do much"

*Tanis tries to think of something considerate to say*

"Well... Consider ... they no longer feel pain... and you won't have to waste provisions feeding them anymore. Shy "

*Tanis notices some of the incredulous looks he's getting*

"What?"

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
06-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Nathlana stares at Tanis trying to decide what to think of him. After a few moments still coming to no conclusion, she pats Mordecai in her satchel
"They no longer feel pain...that's right"

Wanting to get away from the sight...and the smell, she kneels beside Gwen, "come now darling let's take a walk, see where Owlster has flown off to, yes?"

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
06-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Betsy sits at the bar wondering where the inn keeper is.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
06-07-2014, 11:04 AM
(06-07-2014 10:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Betsy sits at the bar wondering where the inn keeper is.

The Innkeeper comes up and takes your order. Once you have placed it he brings you a bottle and a glass.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Betsy pays attention to where the innkeeper gets the bottle from. She sniffs the contents of it to make sure that it could be used to set light to things. She then stashes the bottle in her backpack and starts drinking from the glass. She leans back satisfied and looks at the innkeeper.

"One more thing. Have ye all considered tying yourselves up at night? It would save having to rebuild the village in the morning. Seeing the savagery that was done to those poor travellers, I can bet that you won't be capable of getting free until the morning. Or even just lock yourselves in a room with the key hidden away. When the rage hits me I kenn I cannae think straight myself. It's worth a try no?"

Betsy takes out her pouch and waits to be told how much she needs to pay.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
06-07-2014, 11:22 AM
*Tanis adresses Betsy*

"Bit early in the day to go imbibing alcohol, isn't it? That glass is nearly as tall as you! No offense, mind you, just concerned that you might be destroying your combat capabilities. If you fight better drunk, however, forget what I said!"

06-07-2014, 11:27 AM
(06-07-2014 11:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Betsy sniffs the contents of the bottle to make sure that it could be used to set light to things. She then stashes the bottle in her backpack and starts drinking from the glass. She leans back satisfied and looks at the innkeeper.

"One more thing. Have ye all considered tying yourselves up at night? It would save having to rebuild the village in the morning. Seeing the savagery that was done to those poor travellers, I can bet that you won't be capable of getting free until the morning. Or even just lock yourselves in a room with the key hidden away. When the rage hits me I kenn I cannae think straight myself. It's worth a try no?"

Betsy takes out her pouch and waits to be told how much she needs to pay.

Innkeeper: A silver mark would settle your tab ma'am. We have tried locking ourselves in our rooms and tying ourselves up. With the one we would awake to broken doors and windows to the latter the ropes would be torn to shreds. I am sorry for your friends, I saw him right before the change. Last thing I remember was me banking the fire and turning to see that huge priest standing there. I tried to warn him but it was too late. I should have just refused them a room but I had hoped that being out of sight they would have passed the night and we could explain in the morning. The Mayor has given up looking for help, but some of us still hope. If you and your friends were to find a way to help us we would be eternally grateful. Sorry to bother you ma'am enjoy your drink.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-07-2014, 11:43 AM
blood so much blood... can't stop can't stop

Gwen rocks back and forth, back and forth, her body little more than a biological metronome.

"...let's take a walk..."

take a walk take a walk the words echo in her mind like shouts volleyed in a cavern

"take a walk take a walk" she says... to someone, somewhere

"...Owlister has flown off..."

"no, no no no" tears stream down her cheeks as she shakes her head from side to side "no he hasn't no he hasn't!"

"Come now, darling"

Gwen's hand clings to something... another hand... someone she knows but can't quite...

"come now" she says to herself, letting that hand pull her to her feet and onward

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
06-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Betsy gives a silver piece to the innkeeper and waits until he is out of ear shot before turning to Tannis and sighing.

"Well so much for my idea of looting and burning doon the village tonight."

Betsy takes a sip from her glass.

"Nae worries aboot me drinking though, I'm not planning on getting rat-arsed. Where I come from we send weans to sleep with stuff stronger than this."
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
06-07-2014, 12:50 PM
[OOC: Rev said earlier the bodies were removed; now the remains are still in the inn. Are DM contradictions legally derogative?]

These villagers are hapless. It falls to us to investigate.

"We will need to depart before nightfall," Miruion though aloud, not particularly caring which of his companions were listening. "The curse is not wholly locative. I propose a hostage; should one of these villagers agree we might take them with us, restrain them, and observe them through the night. One will not threaten us, and the information will be valuable."

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post