D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
The villagers help you to set up a pyre for your fallen companions. The cleric from the local temple (a building that could pass for a barn on the exterior) says a few words to guide their spirits to the next world. The Pyre burns long and bright, but as the fire dies away you make your way out of the village with Hobbs following behind. You continue on until an hour before sundown and stop to make camp.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 04:07 PM
*After having stayed behind Hobbs during the travel, and not taking his eyes off their newest... companion, Tanis will make sure to meditate-sleep a safe distance from him, as well*

"Shall I tie up our friend? I suggest enough rope to immobilize a frost giant"

"Also, I'll take up a watch if the need is great, but otherwise I can come instantly awake from my meditative style of sleeping! Just yell, when danger shows."

*Without tying up the hostage, or waiting to see if he is actually needed for the first watch, Tanis seats himself, and is instantly asleep*

[Image: actors%20large-apollo--apollo_b-08-Sitti...0_r315.png]

*His eyes appear open, but it is obvious he is sleeping from the annoying snoring sound coming from his nostrils*

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-07-2014, 03:12 AM
"Tanis Dodgy
Well, let's see what we can do."

Sarah starts tying up the halfling against a small tree, apologizing every time she thinks she's pulling the rope a bit too tightly.

"Any other ideas?"

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
08-07-2014, 04:17 AM
Betsy builds a big camp fire and sets it alight, fuelled by heavy logs so that it can burn all night. She also collects a supply of logs to throw on the fire if need be.

She then collects some very long stout sticks, enough for each member of the party, and wraps kindling around the end of each so they can be used as torches to set light to the halfling from a distance. She keeps these to one side away from the halfling and the fire. The bottle of strong spirit purchased from the inn is handy in her pocket.
08-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Nathlana finds a tree opposite the halfling and sits with her back to it. She pats Mordecai gently as he rests in her lap and says to whoever might be listening "Perhaps someone has a towel that can be used to muffle all that snoring..."

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
08-07-2014, 07:59 PM
(08-07-2014 07:55 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nathlana finds a tree opposite the halfling and sits with her back to it. She pats Mordecai gently as he rests in her lap and says to whoever might be listening "Perhaps someone has a towel that can be used to muffle all that snoring..."

*Tanis turns his head ever so imperceptibly*
"I heard that!" Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
08-07-2014, 08:03 PM
(08-07-2014 07:59 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 07:55 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nathlana finds a tree opposite the halfling and sits with her back to it. She pats Mordecai gently as he rests in her lap and says to whoever might be listening "Perhaps someone has a towel that can be used to muffle all that snoring..."

*Tanis turns his head ever so imperceptibly*
"I heard that!" Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-07-2014, 12:17 PM
As dusk falls Hobbes begins to nervously look around, staring at each of you and then off into the distance. The Moment the sun disappears under the horizon Hobbes' face goes slack and his up til now intense stare slackens. After a moment he appears to realise he has been restrained and shouts wordlessly and begins to struggle against the ropes. However he is unable to work his way out of them.

10-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Betsy creeps around behind him keeping as far away as possible and gives him a little nick on the back of his neck with the tip of one of her swords, just enough to draw a drop of blood.
10-07-2014, 12:27 PM
(10-07-2014 12:23 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Betsy creeps around behind him keeping as far away as possible and gives him a little nick on the back of his neck with the tip of one of her swords, just enough to draw a drop of blood.

Hobbes whips his head around to you and struggles until you bones snapping. The ropes tied around him go limp and he struggles to his feet, his left arm hanging unnaturally, his collarbone broken.