10-07-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
Betsy keeps her distance and watches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
10-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Nathlana stands with her back still to the tree. Calm but ready "...and somehow you're still snoring" Dodgy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
10-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Sarah looks at the halfling in both curiosity and disgust.

"Poor thing... I hope this was the right decision."

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
10-07-2014, 05:18 PM
(10-07-2014 02:02 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Sarah looks at the halfling in both curiosity and disgust.

"Poor thing... I hope this was the right decision."

"Since the curse seems to be working out here, I expect he'll be fine and remember nothing by morning, right?"

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
10-07-2014, 05:35 PM
(10-07-2014 12:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nathlana stands with her back still to the tree. Calm but ready "...and somehow you're still snoring" Dodgy

*Tanis very slowly rouses from his rest*

"Wha... hmm...? Oh our captive is breaking himself, eh? Well I'm glad I left that dream with the tavern wench so I could pay close attention to the sound of his bones snapping!" Dodgy

*Tanis addresses Hobbs directly while making sure his voice can be heard by anything that might be skulking beyond the campfire* Consider

"Can you understand us, Hafling? Can we speak with this curse afflicting you, itself? Perhaps the source of this curse, if it's self-aware, is too much of a weakling to hear us, or too frightened of us defeating it, to speak with us cordially, through you!"

(10-07-2014 05:18 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  "Since the curse seems to be working out here, I expect he'll be fine and remember nothing by morning, right?"

Consider
"I was initially thinking the same thing.... that we could try to beat an answer from him since he won't remember it, but after seeing his reaction to Betsy's prodding, I'm no longer positive we'd get any information from him"

*Tanis splits his concentration between keeping an eye on Hobbs, and keeping an eye out for trouble coming from outside the camp*

10-07-2014, 07:31 PM
"So," Miruion began, drawing out the words. "The curse stands at this distance. Well that the restraints appear sufficient."

"Broken limbs and torn skin will show. He will heal, if the stories are true." Miruion frowned, his sight fixed on Hobbes. Alas that we too are restrained in our observation. "I cannot sanction dismembering him, although that would test the limits of that twisted boon."

"Would that we had sunlight of our own. He began this when it left. Is that a catalyst, or the rhythms of the Earth itself?"

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Gwen's stomach lurched a bit. Clearly the halfling was in no pain, which led her to believe that the curse either had some means of suppressing the agony he should obviously be in or else that he simply was not present in his own body. And that someone, something else was.

She too wished they had their own great light to determine whether Miruion's musings were correct.

Or was it simply that darkness that brought about the curse? If it were daylight now, and they went down into a dark mine again as they had before, would he turn then?

If they could not get any information from him tonight, it might just be worth a try come morning.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
11-07-2014, 02:03 AM
"It cannae simply be the darkness. If it were the innkeeper would turn every time he went intae his celler to get some booze."

Betty continues watching the halfling whilst keeping her distance, waiting to see if he attacks or if any of his wounds magically heal.

"And if we cut off a clump of his hair and keep it, what happens to it when the halfling magically heals? Does the clump gae and re-appear on his heid? Or does he grow some more locks? It would make fer good proof if we still have it and can show it to the halfling t'morra."
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
11-07-2014, 02:32 AM
(10-07-2014 05:35 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "I was initially thinking the same thing.... that we could try to beat an answer from him since he won't remember it, but after seeing his reaction to Betsy's prodding, I'm no longer positive we'd get any information from him"

Nathlana looks in Tanis' direction. Dodgy
"That is not what I was thinking at all"

"Okay Betsy, I like the the lock of hair idea. Besides from that I think we aren't learning much of anything here. If we learn nothing tonight, I say tomorrow we try to learn more about the history of the village and what actually caused the curse"

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
11-07-2014, 05:25 PM
*Looking as if nothing was going to happen soon, and that everyone else was still awake to keep watch over things, Tanis resumes his meditate-sleep,...

...and his terrible snoring*

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post