D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
(12-07-2014 09:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 08:57 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "If two of you would be so kind to help me, I say we tie him up even better than we did the first time, before he comes to, and this time around simply watch him, without antagonizing him!"

Consider

"Perhaps have one of our female companions sing to him in an attempt to sooth him if he becomes agitated again?"

*Tanis shrugs*

Dex looks over at Tanis and scoffs

Dex: If you are done trying to set the poor afflicted man on fire maybe we can use some Intelligence, Tor knows we'd never get that from you. Nathlana cast detect magic I have an idea.

"I'm disappointed that you haven't the wit to understand that 'I'm hoping to use the fire to snap him out of his curse' doesn't mean I'm 'trying to set the poor afflicted man on fire'. The monastery we left, earlier today, has a man who is very good at teaching the Common Tongue! He even successfully taught the language to a Kobold, once, so I'm sure you're not a lost cause!" Dodgy
Consider
"I suppose it's to be expected of such a haphazard, wild magic-caster such as yourself to be unaware that Psionicists can use their telekinetic skills with such precision, and discipline, to perform the feat you just saw without lighting the entirety of his body on fire! Which I could have done, if I'd wished, obviously." Sleepy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Nathlana closed her eyes, blocks out the bickering, and casts Detect Magic

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
13-07-2014, 02:07 AM
Betsy cuts off a large clump of Hobbes' hair and keeps it in her hand.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
13-07-2014, 06:53 AM
(12-07-2014 10:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nathlana closed her eyes, blocks out the bickering, and casts Detect Magic

As Nathlana completes the spell a halo appears around Hobbes with a thin tendril snaking off into the distance.

Dex: Yes, it is as I thought. Tanis make yourself useful, for a change, and help Betsy tie him back up. Once he comes to I am going to try something that may work.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Betsy carefully puts the clump of hair in her pocket and proceeds with tying Hobbes up again. This time she makes to wrap it around his wrists and ankles so even if he breaks his arms and legs his extremities will still be tightly bound.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
13-07-2014, 01:16 PM
*Impressed with Betsy's skill at tying knots, & happy to have had to do so little physical labor, himself, Tanis totally forgets Dexter's verbal jab!*

"Well, he isn't going anywhere this time, Betsy! Impressive! You've done this before, I see!"

*Tanis displays a look of genuine curiosity* Consider

"Is that how Gnomish women secure their mates once they've found one they want to keep?"

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
13-07-2014, 01:45 PM
As Dex and Tanis continue to trade verbal jabs (cause Tanis is too much of a wuss to throw down Wink ) Hobbes begins to stir. His arm seems to shift under his shirt as his collarbone repairs itself before you. As before when he comes too he begins to test his bonds. However this time Dex mutters some strange language under his breath and a circle appears on the ground surrounding the entire party and Hobbes. It flashes with a blinding light and you hear an almost subaudible hum. As the sound fades away Hobbes blinks his eyes and look around as if confused. (Betsy still has that bit of hair she cut off Hobbes but it had regrown on him)

Hobbes: What? How? I remember. I was floating and unable to move. There was pain and I saw the monk in the black robes but it wasn't him. His face was wrong, it had these wee purple things where his mouth shoudda been. I could see others, the rest of the town. All wispy like, none of us solid. He was feeding on us.

Dex: One of those Mind Flayer hybrids like you saw north of Righton. I think I know what he did if not how he did it. He took the higher functions of their minds and split them off leaving them as frightened animals with no reason. The healing is probably so he can continue to feed off this lot rather than for any benevolent reason. Oh, and Tanis I am a wild mage, and that means I have studied the very fabric of magic itself. I'd try to explain but I doubt you'd be able to keep up. Now lets get some sleep, as long as he stays in this circle Hobbes should be protected, and in the morning we can trace the magic back to it's source.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-07-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2014 02:41 PM by TheGulegon.)
*Tanis looses himself in thoughts of telekinetic fun times of the future, once he's progressed further into his personal training, and day dreams of what he'd like to do to certain undisciplined fools*

"Wha...huh? What was that, human? You've studied wild magic, have you? How old are you? 20? Laugh out load You must be a professor, by now! [Image: smiley-laughing001.gif] "

Consider

"Do you deny that casting wild magic has a chance of not only bringing harm to your enemies, but your friends, as well? Before you falsely claim to the contrary, I know for a fact wild mages more experienced than you have accidentally killed their own companions! So I could have spent years studying wild magic, too... or the mating rituals of Bugbears Dodgy ,... but instead chose to pursue the kinds of knowledge unavailable to those with low levels of intelligence." Sleepy

13-07-2014, 04:46 PM
(13-07-2014 01:16 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "Is that how Gnomish women secure their mates once they've found one they want to keep?"

Betsy walks up to Tannis and looks him straight in the eye.

"Nae laddie. It's the only way we keep our men folk from fighting long enough to gives us a proper seeing to."
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
14-07-2014, 05:39 PM
(13-07-2014 04:46 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 01:16 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  "Is that how Gnomish women secure their mates once they've found one they want to keep?"

Betsy walks up to Tannis and looks him straight in the eye.

"Nae laddie. It's the only way we keep our men folk from fighting long enough to gives us a proper seeing to."

*Tanis diplays a look of discomfort at the much shorter Gnome getting all up in his grill-space, and backs up a bit*

"Whoa there, Ounces of Fun! I meant no disrespect; I was asking out of genuine curiosity! Consider Do your menfolk fight each other for the right to run away?"

*Tanis notices the stormy look in Betsy's eyes, figures he probably asked another offensive question, and retreats to Nathlana's side*

"Do you mind if I sleep near you, Nathlana? I trust the higher thinking you require to cast your spells more so than I do the instincts of these blade wielders!"