D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 03:58 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
(31-07-2014 03:45 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Gwen listens intently to the voices, hoping to make out some kind of intelligible speech.

(31-07-2014 03:53 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Betsy listens too.

The speakers are too far distant for you to make out much more than they are speaking. Even the number of voices is indistinct as the inherent echos of the cave have blended the voices into a single indistinct murmur.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Relying on her superior night vision Betsy creeps forward and edges round the bend just enough to have a surreptitious peek at who are by the camp fire. When doing so, she makes sure to keep her swords out of sight behind her so the light doesn't reflect off them.
31-07-2014, 04:59 PM
[Oh, I say, I haven't posted in a while...]

Miruioin smiled at his companions' banter. Although perhaps a little discipline would go a long way in a few cases. The thought soured when he found himself expecting to hear Groh'L or Isia chime in.

Then came the faint, muddied echo of voices. Miruion halted and waited, seeing Betsy continuing forward. When she returned they could plan their next move.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
31-07-2014, 05:05 PM
(31-07-2014 04:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Relying on her superior night vision Betsy creeps forward and edges round the bend just enough to have a surreptitious peek at who are by the camp fire. When doing so, she makes sure to keep her swords out of sight behind her so the light doesn't reflect off them.

Around the bend the passage continues for another 15 yards before widening out again. You see a decent sized living area (bedrolls are viable as well as a long table) though you only see the shape of one humanoid there. His back is towards you and he seems to be facing a large wall mounted silver plate. Reflected in the plate is the indistinct visage of a mind flayer. They appear to be communicating via magical means and thus need to actually sopeak rather than use mind to mind contact. You observe them for a few moments before making your way back to the group.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-07-2014, 05:30 PM
D&D In Character Thread
Kopai, still lumbering about in bear form, sniffs and licks the air.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
31-07-2014, 05:43 PM
(22-03-2014 06:18 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  *Kopai, still in bear form, searches for Juniper*

*Kopai also sniffs the breeze for any hint of honey, berries, or fresh water*
(31-07-2014 05:30 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Kopai, still lumbering about in bear form, sniffs and licks the air.

[OOC: So, did Kopai just accidentally a bear this whole in-game time? Because I'm totally cool with that]

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
31-07-2014, 05:48 PM
(31-07-2014 05:30 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Kopai, still lumbering about in bear form, sniffs and licks the air.

You can't smell anything over the smell of dank rot and evil magic.

03-08-2014, 02:09 PM

*As often happens when suddenly a wild bear appears, Tanis nearly gave away his companion's position to the enemy, before just barely keeping himself from yelping out loud*

*Tanis whispers*

"No one thought to warn me that we have a bear on our side? I nearly shat myself!" Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
03-08-2014, 02:13 PM
(03-08-2014 02:09 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  

*As often happens when suddenly a wild bear appears, Tanis nearly gave away his companion's position to the enemy, before just barely keeping himself from yelping out loud*

*Tanis whispers*

"No one thought to warn me that we have a bear on our side? I nearly shat myself!" Dodgy

Dex: *Laughing quietly* Watch out for the bear oh Mr Fantastic.

03-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Consider

"Well... should we wait for him to finish his communications with what might be something powerful enough to grant aid from afar, and all together surprise attack him, or what? What do you guys think?"