D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 07:41 AM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
(21-03-2014 07:38 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nathlana rubs her eyes and looks up wondering if it's a sunny day here...

When not obscured by the trees it is a very bright sunny day the temperature is about 70 degrees F (as the metric system has yet to be invented Tongue ) and the is a light breeze blowing towards you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2014, 07:42 AM
"Well I think we need to scout them out. If they are separated from each other then we can kill them off one by one before the main attack. If they are a single party then one of us can act as a distraction, get surrounded and let the rest of the party sneak around the goblins and kill them from behind."
21-03-2014, 07:50 AM
The crude roadblock entered their view. By unspoken agreement the party halted. Miruion looked over his companions.

Omniam was shaking off the last torpor of the curse; the light was back in his eyes. Nathlana looked to the sky, as if to watch for clouds. Thoven was silent. As was Groh'L. The latter, no doubt, was praying. The former? Who knew. Gwen stuck close to Kopai, but neither spoke. Isia split off the road almost immediately, passing through the trees. Leaving only Milfa to speak.

Her piece said, Miruion let his thoughts pass his lips...

"By morning's light there will not be many goblins above ground." His glance upward echoed Nathlana's - the sky was propitiously bright and clear. "I suppose these are their forward guards. If we wish to maintain surprise we must be sure none escape to the tunnels."

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
21-03-2014, 07:55 AM
(21-03-2014 07:50 AM)cjlr Wrote:  "By morning's light there will not be many goblins above ground." His glance upward echoed Nathlana's - the sky was propitiously bright and clear. "I suppose these are their forward guards. If we wish to maintain surprise we must be sure none escape to the tunnels."

"And if they do, I shall set fire to the mine, collapsing it, and eventually killing them of suffocation."
Omniam said evilly.
The others looked at him in a weird way.
He then caught himself.
"Oh, sorry. My manners."

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
21-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Milfa looked at Miruion and thought about what he said, slowly nodding to herself.

"That is a good point. If they are guards then they will be near their entrances and we do not wish to attract more goblins with the noise we make from fighting. So distracting them and leading some off away into the woods might prove useful. I can provide that distraction."
21-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Does anyone think we might be able to lure them out of the shade?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-03-2014, 08:00 AM
(21-03-2014 07:57 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Milfa looked at Miruion and thought about what he said, slowly nodding to herself.

"That is a good point. If they are guards then they will be near their entrances and we do not wish to attract more goblins with the noise we make from fighting. So distracting them and leading some off away into the woods might prove useful. I can provide that distraction."

"Milfa, I'd rather you not. I can provide the distraction. Surely I can distract them from afar by throwing my javelin. However I cannot assume it won't scare them off."

21-03-2014, 08:02 AM
"A sound plan, Milfa," Miruion affirmed. "We should verify their numbers and locate the mine's entrance before acting. We might then lure this band out and surround them. But perhaps we needn't kill them all immediately? I can't, but might one of you speak to goblins? We may wish to hold one alive, if we are in a position to interrogate it."

21-03-2014, 08:06 AM
"However," continued Miruion, "if these goblins are akin to those of my home, they will be flighty. If we 'distract' them overmuch, they may simply flee."

He turned to Omniam. "A javelin from the shadows would scare them like as provoke them. I think, rather, one of us should follow the road and approach them as a traveller unawares. The rest may then move in behind."

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
21-03-2014, 09:12 AM
(21-03-2014 08:06 AM)cjlr Wrote:  "However," continued Miruion, "if these goblins are akin to those of my home, they will be flighty. If we 'distract' them overmuch, they may simply flee."

He turned to Omniam. "A javelin from the shadows would scare them like as provoke them. I think, rather, one of us should follow the road and approach them as a traveller unawares. The rest may then move in behind."

"Someone with good theif-like skills, I assume."