D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 09:30 AM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
[so, the remaining shoggoth has taken nearly as much damage as the first one did before biting it... one assumes that means it's nearly done for]

Punch it in the face. Again.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Sarah steps back and uses a healing potion.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-08-2014, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2014 05:45 PM by TheGulegon.)
*Tanis hurls a 5th object, with his mind, at the shoggoth*

"My sentiments exactly, Gwen!"

after this (5psp/shot) attack has been made I'll have spent 25 PSP's out of my 39 total. Leaving me 2 more Ballistic Attacks to use, before I gotta switch to crossbow usage. Power Score: Con -2 = 1d12. Otherwise 1d6 dmg/shot

19-08-2014, 04:57 PM
(19-08-2014 04:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  *Tanis hurls a 5th object, with his mind, at the shoggoth*

"My sentiments exactly, Gwen!"

Would you mind posting the details of this every time you use it? I have to go back and find the initial use every time I do combat and it is slightly annoying. Thanks

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-08-2014, 05:31 PM
D&D In Character Thread
Kopai, noting the number of extra attackers converging on his foe, steps back to reassess the battlefield and lick his wounds. He eyes the portal through which the humanoid exited earlier looking for signs of movement.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
19-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Shoggoth 1 Hits Miruion for 9 Damage

Gwen Hits Soggoth 1 for 24 Damage Severing a tentacle

Shoggoth 1 Fades from this plane of existence

The unnatural pile of tentacles and mist fades back to the abyss whence it came and the party regroups. Sarah takes a swig of the health potion and makes a face. (You heal 6 points of damage bringing you up to 15hp) The door the creature slipped out of stands before you, during the struggle one of the Shoggoths had ripped it from it's hinges. Beyond the now open portal lies a room, you can see the Human/Mind Flayer casting a spell. As you step forward he finishes and a bar of light appears before turning on itself and opening what seems to be a door into blackness, Betsy and Tanis recognise the Underdark.

Creature: I had hoped those Shoggoths would slow you down long enough for me to finish gathering my things but no matter. This experiment has proven a great success and my master's return is iminent. Nothing you blind fools can do will stop us now. Ai Ai!

With that he jumps through the portal and it closes behind him. On the walls where his portal collided there are perfectly straight lines etched deep into the stone.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-08-2014, 06:16 PM
*Tanis displays his trademark charm*

"Well that could have been... better. I suggest next time we're faced with multiple opponents, we focus our attacks on one at a time to be sure of a kill! I have extra healing potions if anyone forgot to think ahead back at the Monastery."

Consider

"Now what?"

20-08-2014, 03:24 AM
Betsy stomps over and looks at the 'things' that the mind flayer did not have time to gather up. She's still angry at her wasted opportunity she mutters loudly.

"Bloody fucken swords dropping like that. What am I? A big girl's blouse? I'm gonna chase that wee shite into the underdark and smash that fucker's squid face with ma fist."
20-08-2014, 08:18 AM
(20-08-2014 03:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Betsy stomps over and looks at the 'things' that the mind flayer did not have time to gather up. She's still angry at her wasted opportunity she mutters loudly.

"Bloody fucken swords dropping like that. What am I? A big girl's blouse? I'm gonna chase that wee shite into the underdark and smash that fucker's squid face with ma fist."

"Easy there, Betsy. It seems this is an enemy we're not quite prepared to face yet."

Sarah turns to the rest of the company.

"Something tells me that our next encounter with such creatures won't end well. Any ideas on how we could find more information about what we're facing here? I don't think we should be going further for now."

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
20-08-2014, 10:45 AM
(20-08-2014 03:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Betsy stomps over and looks at the 'things' that the mind flayer did not have time to gather up. She's still angry at her wasted opportunity she mutters loudly.

The room is obviously a small study, there are several shelves of scrolls and a few leather bound books on the wall opposite where the creature made his portal. There is an open chest that has had it's contents quickly gone through and is in a clutter. On a small table is a map held open with a few weights, it is of the general area and several locations are circled. The monastery the village and the cave all have red circles and off the the south a port city named Quesh is circled with a phrase "Fresh Meat" scribbled next to it. A thorough search finds 2 swords that give off a slight glow. Dex checks them and they are both +1 swords one a rapier the other a short sword, they share a style enough that they may have been a matched set. A ring of calm mind (allows wearer to recharge psp during combat at 1/4 rate) and a belt of iron fist (+2 to unarmed attacks) are found in the trunk. There are also several bags of gold that when divided up gives each of you 50 gold pieces. Dex also finds a small purple bag and begins to laugh before grabbing the books and scrolls and throwing them inside. The bag never seems to change shape no matter how much is placed inside.

Dex: Well if it isn't the best friend a traveller could have. I think we have found a bag of holding my friends. I'll hang onto it for now but feel free to use it as needed. Who's up for trying to walk through a wall? Hahaha!"