D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: D&D In Character Thread
(22-08-2014 04:31 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Betsy starts examining the walls, floor and ceiling in case there is anything unusual about them, such as hidden compartments etc.

Searching on of the walls you find a small recess reaching inside you discover a small pot with a tight fitting lid. Upon opening you begin to laugh and hand the pot of honey to Kopai.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2014, 11:45 PM
D&D In Character Thread
Kopai gleefully snatches the pot from Betsy nearly taking her hand with it. He breaks the pot with his teeth and tries to consume honey and pot shards as a meal.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
25-08-2014, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 02:07 PM by Revenant77x.)
You search the rest of the Evil Lair and Dex adds any more scrolls or papers he finds to the Bag of Holding. No other signs of life are found but in a back room you find a small alter with blood on it from a recent sacrifice. It seems that the unholy magic is not without some cost after all. On the way back to the monastery you pass through the village and find that after your confrontation with the cowardly villain the townsfolk came back to their senses. Dex spends some time talking with the local priest and instructs him on how to ward against chaos so as to help prevent a return to the nightly terror. You are invited back to the village for the next feast day (you will be honored guests) and are much congratulated for your heroic actions. When you finally make it back to the monastery Dae-Zar is less than pleased with your lack of reporting, though he cannot argue with your results. Dex removes himself to the Library and after setting wards begins to pour through the documents.

1 Week Later

Dex has invited you all to a small study that has been given over to his research, maps are spread out over a small table with the one found in the Evil Lair pined to the wall with notes carefully written on it.

Dex: Well I suppose you are all wondering why I gathered you here today. We need to kill the bat... No wait, we need to discuss what I have discovered. It seems that there were several experiments being conducted over the last few months in various areas of the country. Right now the cult seems localised in just Kinkaide and not elsewhere in the Empire. For some reason they seem to have focused on the Human minority rather than the more numerous High Elves. I have some theories as to why this is but nothing solid.

Now this brings us to Quesh, for those of you who are more provincial you may not know much about this city, Tanis you will want to pay attention. Quesh began as a small human fishing village but it's natural harbor and protected bay lead it to grow into the largest port on this side of the golden sea. Naturally it's population is mostly High Elven and you know how they are about other races. Tannis, Betsy I would expect both of you to receive a less than warm welcome from our Imperial overlords but I can use my noble influence to partially smooth the way. However you must refrain from causing trouble or you could land not only yourself but all of us in some dank dungeon.

Now like most port cities, Quesh is terraced with the upper class living in the High City and the classes falling out orderly below them. From what I can tell the Cult is operating in the slums and Docks though just what they are doing is somewhat of a mystery. They are either recruiting new members or sacrifices or both. I think our best course of action would be to head there and try and find out what we can. Any questions?"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-08-2014, 04:52 PM
"High elves, bah!" Dodgy

*Tanis spits on the ground, and responds to Dexter*

"If you can keep these... high elves... who happen to be high born to boot, from asking me questions, I won't have to tell them anything they don't want to hear! And I won't envy you your task!"

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
25-08-2014, 05:45 PM
"I had no trouble passing through," Miruion said. "I came this way some months ago - a rowing berth in a trade galley. The customs officials, at least, were not strict." He paused, trying to recall the stop. "I was only there for two nights. But I have no doubt that angering the local aristocracy would be as... impolitic as in any locale."

"It is either depart for Quesh, or wait. I favour action, though its course be out of our hands even so."

... this is my signature!
25-08-2014, 05:56 PM
(25-08-2014 05:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "I had no trouble passing through," Miruion said. "I came this way some months ago - a rowing berth in a trade galley. The customs officials, at least, were not strict." He paused, trying to recall the stop. "I was only there for two nights. But I have no doubt that angering the local aristocracy would be as... impolitic as in any locale."

"It is either depart for Quesh, or wait. I favour action, though its course be out of our hands even so."

Dex: Aye, the Imperials tend to let their own fair folk through with no hassle but Drow always draw attention and that is the last thing we want now.

25-08-2014, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 06:10 PM by TheGulegon.)
"If you think it's going to be a real problem, perhaps me, Betsy, and the bear, could stay outside the city! I don't like the idea of splitting ourselves up, though! I could wear a hooded robe of some sort!"

Consider

"Or if you think we could find an artist to paint me well enough to pass me off as a surface elf, I can go in 'white face' disguise!"

26-08-2014, 02:40 PM
"Don't see why anyone should have a problem with me. I haven't glassed anyone in ages" mutters Betsy.
27-08-2014, 10:17 AM
"Let us start immediately then. I do not think we will have any problems with the locals, considering that, being such a large port, it should be rather cosmopolitan."

"Tanis, Betsy, you'll be nice, won't you?" says Sarah, giving them a pat on the back.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
27-08-2014, 10:37 AM
"Need we be entirely forthcoming? I suppose we could arrange a disguise. Or we might sneak all or some of us in, if necessary; a busy day at the lower markets would be cover enough."

... this is my signature!