D&D In Character Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014 01:31 PM by TheGulegon.)
RE: D&D In Character Thread
(21-03-2014 01:17 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 12:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I was indeed praying, my friend. Praying for R'holor to bestow His Divine Favor upon us, to make our strikes against our foes more accurate. Asking for Him to grant us some extra Protection From Evil, to make our armor more effective at deflecting blows rent by these filthy creatures!

That was an excellent job reconnoitering our enemies, ....Gwen is it?.... excellent job!

Only 4? Should be easy enough to surround them on 3 sides; having at least one of our more stealthy members sneak around to the cave entrance so that none escape to warn the rest inside.

But I have no pretensions of leading this party in matters of tactics; my only obligation is to be at the forefront of battle until any of you need me to act as a battle field doctor. Whenever that happens I need you to call out my name, or the name of the Lord of Light, R'holor, to heal you. "Groh'L!!! Help me" is enough. R'holor will instantly snap me out of my battle rage and direct me to your side.

Also!!! As it looks as if we are to be fighting in close quarters, any of you who are not familiar with Red Clerics should know that there will be heat emanating from my body while I am in combat. It will not cause you pain, but I don't want it breaking your concentration at the wrong moment, so know to expect it if you get close to me.

*loosens the clasp to the sizable shield emblazoned with the impressive Flames Icon of his order, hung upside down at his back (hung that way with the arm braces at the small of his back so as to slide his left forearm through & pull it to position quickly), and takes the heavy mace from it's place hanging at his belt*

I am ready when you are, adventurers, and for anything!

"Tis, a fine tactic their my friend" Thoven says while adjusting his weapons. "I suggest that anyone familiar with a bow or the special arts attack from the side whilst us familiar with frontal attacks rush them." "Isia, seems to have a knack for only being seen when wants to so I suggest she get behind them and cut off any retreat." "I have never had the pleasure of working with one of your order before good cleric but I have heard stories from other traveling mercs and I am more than happy to have you on my side."

*By the light in Groh'Ls eyes, most know when he means business,.... but now that battle is eminent, now that he is close to bringing the retribution of R'holor himself to creatures of evil.... he is in a good mood Laugh out load *

*Groh'L booms (even when being "quiet") out laughter.
Pay no attention to the Huttese fat ass. Groh'L is oddly handsome Tongue

Well then Mr Thoven Darkeyes, you are in for a treat!
And it will be be my pleasure to split skulls with you!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

*Slaps Thoven on the shoulder*
Ever had Goblin Stew Evil_monster
*laughs again at the look in Thovens eyes*
I'm joking friend! They probably don't taste very good.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2014, 01:31 PM
That should pretty much cover it, Miruion thought. Gwen and Isia affirm a count of four - a distracted, idle four. The outlines of plan had been laid while they were scouting; the details remained to be elaborated upon.

"Well proposed," he offered. "I take it, Isia, you will secure the mine entrance? Gwen and Kopai would seem ably inclined to joining you." Miruion looked at the pair, seeing the ranger's owl had returned.

He looked to the rest of the waiting party. "After all", he nodded to Groh'L, smiling, "some of us are less suited to such a job. You, Thoven, and Nathlandra might wait here - would you be amenable to waiting behind the nearest trees for the opening? Omniam needn't be so close." To say nothing of the risks of using fire magic in a dense wood.

"That leaves the keystone to set. Who shall play bait? Milfa has volunteered," Miruion recalled, raising a palm towards her. "I, however, nominate myself, as I do not mind approaching unarmed. A lone traveller, well-attired - do any of you have spare jewelry the bait might borrow? to make the prize all the more tempting? - to lure the goblins back from the entrance."

He finished with a slight bow, palms spread. "I insist on nothing as I have said - by whatever means a decision is made, I will abide."

... this is my signature!
21-03-2014, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014 01:53 PM by TheGulegon.)
(21-03-2014 01:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That should pretty much cover it, Miruion thought. Gwen and Isia affirm a count of four - a distracted, idle four. The outlines of plan had been laid while they were scouting; the details remained to be elaborated upon.

"Well proposed," he offered. "I take it, Isia, you will secure the mine entrance? Gwen and Kopai would seem ably inclined to joining you." Miruion looked at the pair, seeing the ranger's owl had returned.

He looked to the rest of the waiting party. "After all", he nodded to Groh'L, smiling, "some of us are less suited to such a job. You, Thoven, and Nathlandra might wait here - would you be amenable to waiting behind the nearest trees for the opening? Omniam needn't be so close." To say nothing of the risks of using fire magic in a dense wood.

"That leaves the keystone to set. Who shall play bait? Milfa has volunteered," Miruion recalled, raising a palm towards her. "I, however, nominate myself, as I do not mind approaching unarmed. A lone traveller, well-attired - do any of you have spare jewelry the bait might borrow? to make the prize all the more tempting? - to lure the goblins back from the entrance."

He finished with a slight bow, palms spread. "I insist on nothing as I have said - by whatever means a decision is made, I will abide."

Normally I would defer to your judgment, Miruian, but in this matter I will brook no argument. If there is to be one of us offered as bait, R'holor would have me make it no other than myself!

Though if I may,... if we send in a decoy, these currently unarmed goblins might grab their weapons before we descend upon them. I say, as we outnumber them by nearly 2 to 1, we simply wade in and slaughter the lot while they lay around relaxed, and unsuspecting.

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
21-03-2014, 01:54 PM
I disagree with the selection of the bait. Milfa offered herself and I agree that she is the best suited. Goblins be lookin for easy pickins and whilst I am sure she is more than capable of defending herself a lone halfling would be mighty tasty pickins. Other than that the plan should work!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
21-03-2014, 02:07 PM
"I must say, I have to agree with Groh'L. I do not think it wise to split up the group when we have such strength of numbers."

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
21-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Aye, I agree!

I do however suggest that those familiar with bows and the arts be on the outer edges of the fighting.

They are bound to raise an alarm call and even if the don't manage to get it off the noise of combat will alert the rest in the cave so be prepared for more in short order.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
21-03-2014, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014 03:31 PM by Alex_Leonardo.)
"Maybe I could caste 'color magic missle
' one of my two spells."

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
21-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Good work Gwen! I can hide in some of the defensive positions for any that run to cover. I may be small but I may delay them long enough for you to attack the runners from behind.
21-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Wondering how the halfling would be useful, Isia starts feeling extremely curious about the strange package on Milfa's back. She starts poking it.

"What you got there Shortie?"

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
21-03-2014, 03:20 PM
(21-03-2014 03:17 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Wondering how the halfling would be useful, Isia starts feeling extremely curious about the strange package on Milfa's back. She starts poking it.

"What you got there Shortie?"

"What she has in her pack... treasure hunter Dodgy... is her own business, & not as important, right now, as the goblins lying close by that need slaying!!"