Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2016, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016 12:57 PM by Commonsensei.)
D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Hello curious wanderer. It appears that you have an eye for adventure. You didn't walk in here by chance alone. It was something in you're core that beckoned you. Perhaps we can call it fate,or perhaps it was your destiny. Of this I do not know. But what I do know, is we need someone like you. A great land has befallen to an unimaginable evil and you may just be it's only hope. It is time to choose. Do we venture using the Magic Looking Glass (skype) the Book of Communication (the forum) or the Lord Ao's Chess Table (roll20.net).

I will be your Dungeon Master your guide in the realm of Dungeons and Dragons. We will be putting together a team for an adventure threw The Forgotten Realms D&D 3.5. If you would like to join please say so. As stated above I will need to find out what form of communication would be the most convenient.

If The Magic Looking Glass (skype) is decided. You will see the other players, and as I am also a craftier, 3d modules will be laid out on a table for visual aids.

If The Book of Communication (this forum) is chosen we will play as it was in the past. Text based.

If Lord Ao's Chess Table (https://roll20.net/) it is very similar to a actual table top experience. The only draw back is lots of time will need to be given to me for set up of maps.

A date will also have to be decided on. Sunday's and Monday's work the best for me. But we do have players from around the world, and I realize that time differences can be a major draw back.

This being a new game we will be welcoming starting at level 1. A perfect time for inexperienced or uninitiated to get into the world of D&D. I do have a number of rules that I will be implementing that I feel enhance the experience.

1. No monster races.
2. Prestige classes will be permitted. But no home brews.
3. I prefer the Core (players handbook 1) races / classes would be used. But so long as the race or class is not to outlandish I will permit it. If you are concerned if i will allow it ask me.
4. For the time being spell casters will not need to have reagents, to cast spells.

You will need
Players Handbook 3.5 http://www.aegisoft.be/costa/data/rolepl...OEF%5D.pdf
Any additional books such as the Complete Warrior, or Heroes of Horror etc. etc.. Will need approval from the DM before implementing.

Voting will be up for the next week before the final decision will be made.
[Image: 290df197cd249cd138960246046b139b.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
04-06-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Would a LN Half Orc Monk be acceptable?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Before voting, I want to say that I really really really want to play (it's been bothering me a lot lately that I don't have anyone to play with in real life) but as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not sure I'm confident enough to be seen and heard speaking in English, much less to be heard role playing. So, if I do manage to do that, be warned that I may not be able to talk a lot or role play convincingly. Let me know if that causes any problems.

Now, some questions.

Is group video calling on Skype free? Why do I have a feeling it's not? Consider

Stupid question ahead. Can someone explain to me how a Forgotten Realms game is different that a standard one? I may have been playing that one in the past but it's been years so I wouldn't remember it.

What alignments will you allow?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-06-2016, 07:26 AM
(05-06-2016 07:21 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Before voting, I want to say that I really really really want to play (it's been bothering me a lot lately that I don't have anyone to play with in real life) but as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not sure I'm confident enough to be seen and heard speaking in English, much less to be heard role playing. So, if I do manage to do that, be warned that I may not be able to talk a lot or role play convincingly. Let me know if that causes any problems.

Now, some questions.

Is group video calling on Skype free? Why do I have a feeling it's not? Consider

Stupid question ahead. Can someone explain to me how a Forgotten Realms game is different that a standard one? I may have been playing that one in the past but it's been years so I wouldn't remember it.

What alignments will you allow?

Skype group calls are free. Forgotten Realms is just a setting, so the main difference will be the cities and legendary Heroes will be different (No Elminster for instance) the rules are the same.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-06-2016, 08:04 AM
(05-06-2016 07:26 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Skype group calls are free. Forgotten Realms is just a setting, so the main difference will be the cities and legendary Heroes will be different (No Elminster for instance) the rules are the same.

Great, thanks! It's been almost 10 years since I last played, I forget things.
Just checked, Drizzt is there too. We had a drow in the party who claimed to have killed him or something. That's the campaign I had been playing then.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-06-2016, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 09:56 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Elminster is part of the Forgotten Realms setting... in fact, it was the main character invented by the guy (Greenwood) who invented the FR!

But I also would not want to Skype. I can never get a camera working with Skype on my desktop, which seems to reject the very notion of cooperating with additional hardware, and my phone's Skype won't do group chat.

So I'm down with Sunday games that either play on the Forum or on the d20 site.

I'm still looking to play a fanatical Cleric, and would like to have some "what kind of party will this be?" information before I start crafting race, background, etc. Alignment will be particularly important, since if I'm going to have a Paladin (who must be Lawful Good) from my order in the party, then I'll have to be of Good alignment... but that's likely to cause trouble if we have Evil characters in the party, for one instance.

But yes, I'm totally down, and would be delighted to have you DM, Commonsensei.

P.S. - I'm also happy to hear "no spell reagents"... that is a game mechanic that annoys the heck out of me!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-06-2016, 09:59 AM
(05-06-2016 09:37 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Elminster is part of the Forgotten Realms setting... in fact, it was the main character invented by the guy (Greenwood) who invented the FR!

But I also would not want to Skype. I can never get a camera working with Skype on my desktop, which seems to reject the very notion of cooperating with additional hardware, and my phone's Skype won't do group chat.

So I'm down with Sunday games that either play on the Forum or on the d20 site.

I'm still looking to play a fanatical Cleric, and would like to have some "what kind of party will this be?" information before I start crafting race, background, etc. Alignment will be particularly important, since if I'm going to have a Paladin (who must be Lawful Good), then I'll have to be of Good alignment... but that's likely to cause trouble if we have Evil characters in the party, for one instance.

But yes, I'm totally down, and would be delighted to have you DM, Commonsensei.

P.S. - I'm also happy to hear "no spell reagents"... that is a game mechanic that annoys the heck out of me!

Personally I don't care for Evil aligned player-characters it just makes party interaction difficult, or means they are not playing their alignment correctly. Neutral is fine for anyone that wants to be a bit shady but in the end we are supposed to be heroes/anti-heroes.

For the record my Monk is basically a grey Jedi and believes in rule of law first and then balance between light and darkness all things have their place but balance must be maintained for a healthy society.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-06-2016, 11:25 AM
I'll play. I think. Maybe.

Maybe I can tear myself away from writing to play. Unsure We have reached obsessive levels of novel-crafting here on planet Dani. Hobo

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
05-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Doing it through Skype would definitely keep me from playing roles I might not be able to act out, live. Laugh out load

Singing a dirge, as a not-so-talented Orc bard named Lurbuk, ain't happening on camera. Tongue

I'll wait to see what all e'erbody else picks for race & class, so I can even things out if I gotta. Shy

I voted for the forum, cuz it worked good last time, but I'm down with the other one too. What is D20, anyway, or rather how's it work? Kind of like a CaH set-up?

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
05-06-2016, 01:17 PM
(05-06-2016 12:35 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Doing it through Skype would definitely keep me from playing roles I might not be able to act out, live. Laugh out load

Singing a dirge, as a not-so-talented Orc bard named Lurbuk, ain't happening on camera. Tongue

I'll wait to see what all e'erbody else picks for race & class, so I can even things out if I gotta. Shy

I voted for the forum, cuz it worked good last time, but I'm down with the other one too. What is D20, anyway, or rather how's it work? Kind of like a CaH set-up?

[Image: 26902775.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post