Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Should we all copy each other's stats, then?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Then why did I roll? Hobo

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
09-06-2016, 06:42 PM
(09-06-2016 06:40 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Then why did I roll? Hobo

I think I might need to edit out my previous stats. Just in case we all need to re-roll. Angel

09-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Gulegon - you should look into the "racial substitute levels" for Fighter Lv. 1 and 2, from the Races of Stone expansion pack, found here: http://marksworld.zeemer.com/files/Racia...ion.html#6

Essentially, at first level, a Dwarf Fighter can get 12 HP to start, instead of 10, and is Weapon Focused on all axes, not just a single type, as well as picking up Knowledge-Dungeoneering as a Class Skill. At second level, he can gain a +2 Racial Foes damage bonus (in place of a normal Bonus Feat for Fighter 2) against Orcs, Giants, and Goblinoids, as well as the extra 2 HP. I also like the Lv. 8 substitute level, which gives +1 to AC when in heavy armor-- which Dwarf Fighters should always be wearing, anyway! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
09-06-2016, 07:40 PM
(09-06-2016 06:04 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 03:51 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Nope to each their own.

In that case, I'm just gonna copy Rev's stats, and move 'em around to suit a Cleric. I think keeping all the PCs at the same stat total is a healthy thing for the party.

Not nessecarly. You wouldn't want to see a Wizard throwing punches with a fighter . Your states are fine. I wouldn't change them. We have a rather large group so it will balance it's self out.

The first mission is a cake walk. Not to say I wont throw in some unexpected dangers. My games are mixed with baby threats and HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT! moments. I've dm'd games that the whole party died in the first night. And other's that lasted 2 years. real time.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-06-2016, 07:43 PM
(09-06-2016 07:20 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Gulegon - you should look into the "racial substitute levels" for Fighter Lv. 1 and 2, from the Races of Stone expansion pack, found here: http://marksworld.zeemer.com/files/Racia...ion.html#6

Essentially, at first level, a Dwarf Fighter can get 12 HP to start, instead of 10, and is Weapon Focused on all axes, not just a single type, as well as picking up Knowledge-Dungeoneering as a Class Skill. At second level, he can gain a +2 Racial Foes damage bonus (in place of a normal Bonus Feat for Fighter 2) against Orcs, Giants, and Goblinoids, as well as the extra 2 HP. I also like the Lv. 8 substitute level, which gives +1 to AC when in heavy armor-- which Dwarf Fighters should always be wearing, anyway! Smile

I assumed I'd be wearing what I can afford. Unsure 150 gold would buy me some chainmail, but leave not much left over for my axe & shield. Confused

09-06-2016, 07:51 PM
(09-06-2016 07:43 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I assumed I'd be wearing what I can afford. Unsure 150 gold would buy me some chainmail, but leave not much left over for my axe & shield. Confused

Yes, at first level. I started with the "standard" 160 GP for a Cleric, and spent all but 3 GP and 1 SP on scale mail, a mace, a shield, and basic equipment for a Cleric.

But the heavy armor feat wouldn't come by Level 8, by which time you should be able to afford any kind of armor you want, I hope. Dunno, though, if yer guy has a tendency to crush jewels! hehe

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
09-06-2016, 08:02 PM
So Underground got me thinking. We could do a group chat (No camera nesscary) on skype. Then we could chat in real time. And would need to wait.

I also don't mind being the only broadcaster. That way I could discribe the event's on the fly. Everyone is still welcome to type. Just an idea.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-06-2016, 08:18 PM
(09-06-2016 08:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So Underground got me thinking. We could do a group chat (No camera nesscary) on skype. Then we could chat in real time. And would need to wait.

I also don't mind being the only broadcaster. That way I could discribe the event's on the fly. Everyone is still welcome to type. Just an idea.

What is your skype?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-06-2016, 10:40 PM
I'm down for skype chat, it's just the video that gets crappy.

Also, I rolled my stats
and I'm using this http://dnd3rd.sourceforge.net/
to help me build my character.

How am I supposed to know how much gold I start out with? Hobo

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.