Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 01:36 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(09-06-2016 10:40 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I'm down for skype chat, it's just the video that gets crappy.

Also, I rolled my stats
and I'm using this http://dnd3rd.sourceforge.net/
to help me build my character.

How am I supposed to know how much gold I start out with? Hobo

I'll be unable to Skype, as I think is true for some other players. I can probably get on with the chatroom idea. We might also consider our shoutbox, here on the forum.

I rolled a couple of pretty good sets of stats (out of 3), but I guess I'll keep my standard derivation stats. I kinda feel like my guy is already crafted.

Starting gold is also rolled:

Class Amount (average)
Barbarian 4d4 × 10 (100 gp)
Bard 4d4 × 10 (100 gp)
Cleric 5d4 × 10 (125 gp)
Druid 2d4 × 10 (50 gp)
Fighter 6d4 × 10 (150 gp)
Monk 5d4 (12 gp, 5 sp)
Paladin 6d4 × 10 (150 gp)
Ranger 6d4 × 10 (150 gp)
Rogue 5d4 × 10 (125 gp)
Sorcerer 3d4 × 10 (75 gp)
Wizard 3d4 × 10 (75 gp)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Skype has a group chat feature. Video calls are not required.

Revenant77X suggested Rolz. Looks like it could work.

Dose Facebook messenger have a group chat feature? I'll have to look into that I suppose.

Revenant77X - Human Wizard
Undergroundp - Human Fighter
RocketSurgeon76 - High Elf Cleric
Escape Artist - Halfling Rogue
TheGulegon - Dwarf Warrior
Free Thought - Human Ranger
Losty - Human Sorceror
Colourcraze - Gnome Rogue

Looks like a good group.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Yeah after testing it out. Rolz.org may work. It also comes with a digital dice feature that can help players that don't have all the gaming dice available. It's free and there is no requirement to sign up as a member to play any games on it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-06-2016, 08:56 AM
So I haven't been keeping track of all this. I'm rather shy when it comes to voice chat unless I am there in person. I rather liked my gnome berzerker from the last time we tried it. Pity my Halfling musician died. I rather like crap characters.

P.S When are you lot going to get evil Satanic spells in real life from playing D&D?

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
10-06-2016, 09:42 AM
(10-06-2016 08:56 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So I haven't been keeping track of all this. I'm rather shy when it comes to voice chat unless I am there in person. I rather liked my gnome berzerker from the last time we tried it. Pity my Halfling musician died. I rather like crap characters.

P.S When are you lot going to get evil Satanic spells in real life from playing D&D?

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

The devil got board with D&D that's so 1980's.

He moved to pokemon.

[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
10-06-2016, 01:46 PM
So we're on for Sunday morning (US time) on Rolz, this weekend?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
10-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Looks like we are.

I suppose 8:00am PT. Dose that work for everyone?

10-06-2016, 02:36 PM
(10-06-2016 02:34 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Looks like we are.

That works for me, still need to get with you to check my sheet. Revenant77x on skype

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-06-2016, 02:53 PM
(09-06-2016 06:40 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Then why did I roll? Hobo

Hey want to see what the facial expression on my Dwarf's face will be after he witnesses your character in battle, UnderP? Shy

[Image: 212021.jpg]

Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-06-2016, 03:04 PM
(10-06-2016 02:34 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Looks like we are.

I might not be here for parts of, or all of, this Sunday. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I have no set schedule, and simply do not know how long it'll take me to get home.

I was thinking that if I'm not around for when everyone wants to start playing, you could delay my character's appearance, and have me joining up with the group at some point after they've begun their first journey.