Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 03:10 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Sounds good to me.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2016, 04:05 PM
(10-06-2016 03:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 02:34 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Looks like we are.

I suppose 8:00am PT. Dose that work for everyone?

I might not be here for parts of, or all of, this Sunday. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I have no set schedule, and simply do not know how long it'll take me to get home.

I was thinking that if I'm not around for when everyone wants to start playing, you could delay my character's appearance, and have me joining up with the group at some point after they've begun their first journey.

It's a living world. Your character can come and go as he pleases. So long as I have the stats of everyone, i'll give participates the XP if their characters attributed to the story or battle. Even with out them present.

If a great deal of time passes let's say 3 months and it appears that the player is not going to return. I tend to take 1 of two actions. They character becomes a NPC. I kill the them off. (or have them run off to some distant land.)

In my two year game we had two players that where a husband and wife. The characters where a half-orc female barbarian, and a gnome monk. both stopped playing at the same time but would often say they would come back. (they didn't) So in order to keep them active I said they ran off to get married. Our campaign continued missions completed, evils vanquished. And the adventures where invited to a grand party. And who did they run into Ferakka & Nubin Be Nobin. A couple so awkward they made a name for themselves. They mostly were in the background. But it was a fun experience for the players that were with me since the beginning.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
11-06-2016, 04:13 PM
These are the names I have so far.

Revenant77X - Human Wizard
Undergroundp - Morwen ~ Human Fighter
RocketSurgeon76 - Aina'naur ~ High Elf Cleric
Escape Artist - Halfling Rogue
TheGulegon - Vargrok ~ Dwarf Warrior
Free Thought - Human Ranger
Losty - Human Sorceror
Colourcraze - Kesh ~ Gnome Rogue

I know we have a couple of people that will be playing this for the first time. Or in the very least it's been a while since they've played something simaler. So I will give a short sybnosis oh how things play out.

The most important tool is our 20 sided dice (d20) this determines just about every aspect of the game.

If an action was to be carried out that involved the d20 you would add your ranks from you skills or an abiltie mod or attack bonus. At times you may roll a natural 20 (NAT20). This is the best thing that could happen to you. Because when that happens anything that you want to happen will happen. The very opposite will happen if you roll a natural 1. No modifier will save you. The worst that could happen just might.

My roll as a DM is not to be your adversary. I am a narrator of the world you are in. You are the story tellers, telling us what is happening. And I tell you the reactions of those desistions. I can already tell we have a lot of creative people in this group. And i'm really excited that you have allowed me to take you all on this journey.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
11-06-2016, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 06:17 PM by Escape Artist.)
Name: Gianna Farstrider
Race: halfling
Class: rogue

Alignment: neutral good

Backstory (brace yourselves Tongue):

Mount Kaboom towered above him. There was no reaching its peak without the aid of the Owls and they were nowhere to be seen. Before him, though, was a crack rent in the side of Mount Kaboom's onyx slopes. Hot, fiery breath from its gaping maw stole over his skin.

Fonzo Sackins had at last come to the end of all things. There was but one task left to him. Destroy the One True Bracelet, and with it, the Evil King Dan.

'Time to end this,' he whispered, and ventured into the crevasse. Here, the heat was a second skin, and the bright glow of churning magma below nearly blinded him.

Fonzo removed the One True Bracelet. He still had the scar on his wrist from when the Great Sorcerer Grand-Elf had first donned him with it and charged him with this epic quest.

He squinted against the intense light and leaned out over the jutting cliff upon which he stood, prepared to send the Evil King Dan to his doom when suddenly a great weight fell upon him and a shrieking voice assaulted his ears. 'It's mine! My speshul!'

Grondor tackled Fonzo to the ground, and there they fought, the fate of the world hanging in the balance. Fonzo's heart was strong, but Grondor's greed was all-consuming. There was, it appeared, no besting him.

And then, just when it seemed all hope was lost-

"Grondor falls into the lava and the bracelet's destroyed. Blah blah blabbity blah. We know the story, Gianna. You read it every day!"

"Well evidently you haven't been listening, Emmaryn. Grondor doesn't fall into the lava. He's pushed in by the heroic Fonzo and then all of Sideways Mars is saved!"

Emmaryn rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Hey, you coming to the pub tonight? Should be a good time. Always is."

"No thanks. I'm going to read some more."

A good time... thought Gianna, as soon as Emmaryn had made her way out the door. These halflings wouldn't know a good time if it came nipping at their heels! Grow tobacco, smoke tobacco, cook food, eat food, down a pint... It was all so boring. So ordinary. She was meant for more than the yawningly-typical life of a halfling! She was meant for...

"Adventure," she whispered to herself. "An epic quest the likes of which Fonzo could never have dreamt of!"

The call to adventure sang in her bones and thrummed in her veins as she hurried about the house, gathering up all the supplies she thought she might need on her journey. She'd show these old so-and-so's what a life worth living really looked like!

"One last thing," Gianna said, smiling as she picked up her torn and tattered copy of King of the Bracelets and tucked it into her bag...

[+] 6 users Like Escape Artist's post
11-06-2016, 06:36 PM
I picture Gianna as something like this:

[Image: d8db30966792b7b0ad8a0f68ffd72b85.jpg]

Kind of a spunky, optimistic look to her. Smile Though, those shoes are very impractical for adventuring - she'd be wearing sensible adventure gear. Sleepy

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
11-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Cleric of Lathander:

[Image: 3d91006a5ee7b74d4f81e862523092.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-06-2016, 06:49 PM
[Image: 1a86e41ce2babb55d13ccedefbd8fca9.jpg]

Except brown hair.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-06-2016, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 10:50 PM by TheGulegon.)
(10-06-2016 04:05 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 03:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I might not be here for parts of, or all of, this Sunday. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I have no set schedule, and simply do not know how long it'll take me to get home.

I was thinking that if I'm not around for when everyone wants to start playing, you could delay my character's appearance, and have me joining up with the group at some point after they've begun their first journey.

It's a living world. Your character can come and go as he pleases. So long as I have the stats of everyone, i'll give participates the XP if their characters attributed to the story or battle. Even with out them present.

If a great deal of time passes let's say 3 months and it appears that the player is not going to return. I tend to take 1 of two actions. They character becomes a NPC. I kill the them off. (or have them run off to some distant land.)

In my two year game we had two players that where a husband and wife. The characters where a half-orc female barbarian, and a gnome monk. both stopped playing at the same time but would often say they would come back. (they didn't) So in order to keep them active I said they ran off to get married. Our campaign continued missions completed, evils vanquished. And the adventures where invited to a grand party. And who did they run into Ferakka & Nubin Be Nobin. A couple so awkward they made a name for themselves. They mostly were in the background. But it was a fun experience for the players that were with me since the beginning.

Also, if you think the party needs a meat shield this first time out, you could have me around on auto attack Tongue Pretend I'm a NPC until I can take over.

Or wait. Iz whatever yall'z need. Shy

[Edit] Vargruk (without the spikes on his steel shield)
[Edit2] And with scale mail armor instead of a full plate cuirass

[Image: e1491ecb16fb14d45aac2da2e1f97eac.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
12-06-2016, 06:06 AM
Quick rough painting of Morwen.

[Image: M3FOP6H.jpg]

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
12-06-2016, 08:33 AM
The Dice Rooms Name is TTA forum.

on https://rolz.org/dr?room=TTA%20forum%20

You may have to register a name. I will say register under your characters name so that we can stay in charachters.