Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Yo, I'm here. Gimme some time to put some caffeine in my system... I would appreciate some instructions on getting together at the website, etc.

ETA: He's a step ahead of me. A good sign!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2016, 01:34 PM
[Image: embed?X11849033]

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 5 users Like Colourcraze's post
12-06-2016, 01:50 PM
That was really fun and interesting. Thanks guys.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Yay, that was fun, guys, thanks!!

Nice work putting it together, Sensei.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-06-2016, 01:53 PM
I had fun too! Next time I'll also have a mic and hopefully participate more Blush

Do you guys think we could find a way to have maps and stuff, I felt a bit disoriented at times.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
12-06-2016, 02:27 PM
That was a great 1st run.

Positives:

1: Excellent DM, three cheers for CS
2: Rolz + Skype worked out very well. It made communication and rolling easy, as for Maps maybe we can try having CS use his cam to show maps on skype.
3: The group dynamic was good, everyone contributed and we got things done.

Negatives (could be improved)

1 Game time. 5 hours is way too long but I am thinking it was just the first session running long. 2.5-3 hours is what we should be maxing at. By that last hour I was just mentally kind of blown.

Again great job everyone and especially CS for all the work that went into this. Looking forward to next week.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-06-2016, 02:55 PM
(12-06-2016 02:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  5 hours is way too long but I am thinking it was just the first session running long.

I think it's just until with get a hang of things. Even though I played this game for years in real life, this time I was always confused about what to roll and how, and I think others were too.

I thought about making a list of my rolls and copy paste them until I'm able to remember them every time. I think it could work for the newbies. Generally keeping notes should also help.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-06-2016, 03:02 PM
(12-06-2016 02:55 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 02:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  5 hours is way too long but I am thinking it was just the first session running long.

I think it's just until with get a hang of things. Even though I played this game for years in real life, this time I was always confused about what to roll and how, and I think others were too.

I thought about making a list of my rolls and copy paste them until I'm able to remember them every time. I think it could work for the newbies. Generally keeping notes should also help.

Yeah there was a lot of that from everyone, it's a new system to most of us. I just think having a hard cap of 3 hours is going to prevent burn-out. I have a feeling most of us had been just waiting for someone to say something about stopping for a while. The game itself was awesome but that was kind of a marathon session.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-06-2016, 03:02 PM
I got no complaints on much of anything game-wise. I was a bit confused myself on some things and I've updated my notes. But yeah it ran a bit long for me. I can only maintain Gianna's bubbly nature and lust for adventure for so long! Tongue At about 2 1/2 hours I started hitting burn-out. Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
12-06-2016, 03:41 PM
(12-06-2016 03:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah there was a lot of that from everyone, it's a new system to most of us. I just think having a hard cap of 3 hours is going to prevent burn-out. I have a feeling most of us had been just waiting for someone to say something about stopping for a while. The game itself was awesome but that was kind of a marathon session.

When he asked if we wanted to go on, I was picturing discovering a back room full of loot with maybe a boss, which we'd kill before taking the loot and returning to town ... not a whole cave complex with multiple types of enemy! That's not a complaint, just to say that I expected another 30 minutes or so of gaming, and the second half instead turned out to be as long as the first.

That said, I LOVED being able to fight some skelleys, turning undead and then smashing with my mace, while most of the team reconsidered the wisdom of going into battle with only one category of weapon. I think it was fun, but also a learning experience for all of us, and just like our characters are Level 1, so too are some of our players. Next time, we'll be Level 2 players, and our characters will level up behind us. Smile

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post