Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(05-06-2016 01:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 12:35 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Doing it through Skype would definitely keep me from playing roles I might not be able to act out, live. Laugh out load

Singing a dirge, as a not-so-talented Orc bard named Lurbuk, ain't happening on camera. Tongue

I'll wait to see what all e'erbody else picks for race & class, so I can even things out if I gotta. Shy

I voted for the forum, cuz it worked good last time, but I'm down with the other one too. What is D20, anyway, or rather how's it work? Kind of like a CaH set-up?

[Image: 26902775.jpg]

Bards are lame! Drinking Beverage
Tongue

Honestly, I kinda want to be a Dwarf Warrior. Blush
The apprenticeship to my forge master father was too monotonous, and the apprenticeship to my gem-cutting mother didn't take into account my fat fingers. After falling asleep allowed for an accidental fire at the forge, and a very expensive emerald was dropped to shatter on the stone floor, my character decided he was prolly better at breaking shit than making shit. Hobo
A Dwarf without a trade in [insert great underground Dwarven City name] is looked at like you sun-lovers look at your homeless.
That's why he left. Angel and he don't have the money to pay for that emerald! Bechased

[Image: adrian-smith-fw-dwarf-warrior.jpg?1443927084]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
05-06-2016, 01:29 PM
(05-06-2016 01:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 12:35 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Doing it through Skype would definitely keep me from playing roles I might not be able to act out, live. Laugh out load

Singing a dirge, as a not-so-talented Orc bard named Lurbuk, ain't happening on camera. Tongue

I'll wait to see what all e'erbody else picks for race & class, so I can even things out if I gotta. Shy

I voted for the forum, cuz it worked good last time, but I'm down with the other one too. What is D20, anyway, or rather how's it work? Kind of like a CaH set-up?

[Image: 26902775.jpg]

[Image: trombone.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-06-2016, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 02:16 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(05-06-2016 01:29 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Bards are lame! Drinking Beverage
Tongue

Honestly, I kinda want to be a Dwarf Warrior. Blush
The apprenticeship to my forge master father was too monotonous, and the apprenticeship to my gem-cutting mother didn't take into account my fat fingers. After falling asleep allowed for an accidental fire at the forge, and a very expensive emerald was dropped to shatter on the stone floor, my character decided he was prolly better at breaking shit than making shit. Hobo
A Dwarf without a trade in [insert great underground Dwarven City name] is looked at like you sun-lovers look at your homeless.
That's why he left. Angel and he don't have the money to pay for that emerald! Bechased

Actually, I considered making my Cleric a Dwarf (Fighter multiclass, evenly up to L4 Fighter/L4 Cleric), to work toward the Prestige Class "Dwarven Battlesmith", found in the Races of Stone expansion pack. They get serious bonuses (WIS bonus to damage) at first prestige level when using a warhammer (taking Fighter to add Weapon Specialization bonus as well), and they get THREE "caster levels" per prestige class level toward creation of magical weaponry, plus the other caster levels from Cleric. That means a 4/4/5 (total level 13) Dwarven Battlesmith can fabricate weaponry equivalent to a 19th level straight spellcaster-smith. You can also craft your own armor which gets a +2 bonus to AC in addition to its base AC. Above total level 13, I'd take straight Cleric for the next 7 levels, so at 20 I'd be Cleric 11 / Fighter 4 / Battlesmith 5. Somehow I doubt we'll be playing through to L20, but it could be fun nevertheless. It's one of the incarnations I'm considering, anyway.

(Edit to Add: I'm considering not taking it, too... since I'd be only a L4 Cleric, my ability to heal the party would be extremely limited, as I'd have second-level divine spells as my best, even at higher level play, so he'd really be more like an alternative form of Paladin. I'm still looking into straight-Cleric options, and welcome any suggestions.)

Also, look into "substitute levels" for Dwarven Fighter, out of the same pack. There are some serious advantages to being a Dwarf fighter, if you're an axe-wielder (e.g. they can take "Axe Focus", which gives Weapon Focus to all axes, not just one type).

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
05-06-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm trying not to succumb to the temptation to be a rogue again. I've almost exclusively played rogues, I love rogues, but I don't feel like doing the same thing again.

I'd like to try doing some magic for once or even be a barbarian halfwit. I did play a druid once and it was majestic as fuck but I hate how magic is almost useless in low levels. I'm interested in more complex tactics in battle.

I'm willing to try something new so, if you guys know what you're going with, I can make up something to complete the party.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
05-06-2016, 04:12 PM
(05-06-2016 03:10 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm trying not to succumb to the temptation to be a rogue again. I've almost exclusively played rogues, I love rogues, but I don't feel like doing the same thing again.

I'd like to try doing some magic for once or even be a barbarian halfwit. I did play a druid once and it was majestic as fuck but I hate how magic is almost useless in low levels. I'm interested in more complex tactics in battle.

I'm willing to try something new so, if you guys know what you're going with, I can make up something to complete the party.

You could play a horse of a different color?
Both bards, and thieves, are types of rogue. Shy Sing em a pretty song as you pick their pockets Wink Or whatever.
If you want another rogue, play a rogue. Thumbsup No pressure to play something you don't want.

I'm waiting on picking a character till I see what all you guys pick, but I can play anything so iz all good. Shy

05-06-2016, 04:27 PM
(05-06-2016 04:12 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You could play a horse of a different color?
Both bards, and thieves, are types of rogue. Shy Sing em a pretty song as you pick their pockets Wink Or whatever.
If you want another rogue, play a rogue. Thumbsup No pressure to play something you don't want.

I'm waiting on picking a character till I see what all you guys pick, but I can play anything so iz all good. Shy

I don't really like bards though Blush

I know there's no pressure but I just always wanted to try something new, but new is hard and risky (though I could always kill them off, no? Tongue )

I guess I'll wait for the others too and see then.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-06-2016, 04:45 PM
(05-06-2016 04:27 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I don't really like bards though Blush

I don't, either! Undecided

Though I bet I could play a Harkon Lukas style bard. Evil_monster

[Image: HarkonLukas.jpg]

Even without being a wolfwere, and playing an alignment other than diabolically mega-evil, I bet I could probably act out a decent, scathingly sarcastic, bullshitter. Tongue
We'll see what e'erbody decides to be. Shy

05-06-2016, 04:45 PM
(05-06-2016 04:27 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 04:12 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You could play a horse of a different color?

I don't really like bards though Blush

I know there's no pressure but I just always wanted to try something new, but new is hard and risky (though I could always kill them off, no? Tongue )

Gnome berserker, I just want to see you rp that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Wait...can I play? Can I use my same person from last time?? Can I? Hmmm??

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
05-06-2016, 04:51 PM
(05-06-2016 04:27 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

I'm looking at going for a Human Ranger. Seemed like an okay class for somebody who has never played before. But that wont be set in stone for a while I presume.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.