Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 02:44 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Wrong forum. Somehow.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2016, 03:02 PM
(14-07-2016 05:21 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My family are coming into town from Louisiana, and I will be leaving town with them on Saturday for a vacation and returning (most likely) the following Saturday. I should be able to be here for the session after the next one; I will try to post from my phone if I am unable to join Sunday after next.

Thanks for being patient with me.

By the way, for those who might care... last Sunday, a few friends and I were successful in getting a victim of domestic abuse out of the house quickly, with almost all of her stuff, in the brief window of time in which her spouse was away in the next town, and moving it to a new house in her family's hometown, about an hour away. I did not know the victim personally, but I was friends with her friend, and agreed to help. Amusingly, one of them (her family) told me I was "a good Christian" for agreeing to help on such short notice... I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth.

Ok i'll let you off this time.

1,000xp for real life. These can be used at any Who's line is it any way? game show.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
16-07-2016, 09:05 AM
In fear of loosing it again i'm going to be writing this in parts.

[Image: 5f432f56d7ecc32c64ab6553855f2de9.jpg]
The new day had arisen. Our party awoke to be welcomed by a grey morning. Aina'ar, Vargrik, Gianna, Proffesor Byran, and Thom went down the the tavern to grab some breakfast when they heard children's laughter coming from outside.

Upon investigation they found it was a group of children listening to Plauntry Crow telling a tale of a group of would be adventures that where accompanied by a squeamish elf.

"...then the rat claimed down of the elfs arm. Who proceeded to give a pig like squeal so LOUD that it would have awoken Ulutiu from his eternal slumber. The elf then ran from the dungeon flaring his arm's about screaming "I have a boo-boo, I have a boo-boo!"

Uproarious laughter ensued from the children and patrons listening in on the story. Ain'nar who was standing in the door way did not seem amused. His pride injured he decided to stay in the room.

So the rest of them proceeded on with their investigation. Heading to the Temple of Tyr there they meet the Head Cleric. Jens Galt was a bear of a man loud, somewhat reckless and a flirt. Taking a great interest in Giana. Galt flexed, and strutted about trying to impress her. All for not. Giana was more fearful of the large man then impressed. That being as it may he was honest in with his answers to their questions. He expressed that Argen Bruil had shown great promise in his training, and had taken a couple of trips out to Thar. Beyond that his information was not to useful.

[Image: 7a77844a694df690b2e6aecfb9898772.jpg]

Their next stop was Old Tom's a shop that was located in the ruff part of town. It was closed, and locked up. Giana's nimble fingers picked the lock with little allow the party enter into Old Toms back room.

The room looked as if someone was in a hurry to collect things. And close investigation found map parchment, and ink was astrun. Also a card hidden in the floor boards saying "Meet me at the Rusty Buck."

Getting information at the Rusty bucket proved to be difficult. The bartender was asking for 50 gp to grease his wheels and Vargrik refused. Offering an arm wrestling match instead. If the bartender won Vargrik would the 50 gp and a few silvers, plus he would get to keep his information. But if he lost we would need to tell them the information for free. The bartender accepted so the two pulled up a table and chairs and proceed to show each other's strength. After a close match our strong headed dwarf Vargok, won.

"Five days ago Kalman Leiyraghon came here with Argens Bruil and 3 other hooded figures that I didn't get a good look at. Kalman was blabbering on about how he got a map and was going to make a name for himself. After that they went to the Stables to collect horses. Other then that I don't know. But you might want to seek out Dorn Crownshield at the Frothy Beard, he's been seen with Kalman several days back.

With this new found information they headed to the Frothy Beard, a dwarven bar on the far-side of the city. After some polite "dwarven" conversation they learned that Dorn Crownshield was a renowned orc slayer. If anyone was going to travel into Thar and hope to survive one would they would want this Dwarf by your side. The bartender also recalled Dorn saying something along the line of "I'm going to that some younglings out for a real adventure." After that they exchanged pleasantries and decided to head to the stables. Since they knew the scions had traveled to Thar they felt that they should buy some horses and head out themselves.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
16-07-2016, 09:58 AM
I don't mean to interrupt a good story, Common Tongue

But are we all skipping a week for player absences? I'm cool with playing, too, but I figure if we're going to take a break to let other players get back, we might want to let Common know he doesn't have to wake up at 8am tomorrow Laugh out load

16-07-2016, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2016 11:06 AM by Commonsensei.)
The adventures traveled threw the windy roads of the labyrinth of a city. Heading to the stables closest to the North Gate. On the way, a small dirt covered girl came running up towards Thom pulled him on his shirt and waved him in. "Plauntry has information for you." she whispered. Thom nodded turned around and started walking away from the rest of the party. "Hey, Thom where are you going?" Vargrik yelled. Thom did not respond and continued on. The Professor looked to the rest of the group "Well guess we have to follow him."

[Image: 29f8651e167e6751214a5417c1d065fe.jpg]

Back at The Crows Nest, Plauntry waved the group to a back room. He locked the doors and closed all the shutters.

"I don't know what you've gotten yourselves into but it's a bloody mess. One scion from every house in the city on the Council of Iron has gone missing. All the houses are blaming each other and have increased each of their Guards ten fold. Tensions are high mates. Each of the Scions that went missing are ones that have been attempting to join the houses.
Now Thom I sent for you because their was a gent coming here earlier, Went by the name Mayor Mendacious. Said he knew you. Bit of a drunkard if you ask me. And I know drunkards."

The Adventures thanked Plauntry for the information. and returned to the Tavern floor. After much discussion they decided that Thom & Vargrik would look for the mayor while Giana & Professor Byran would head to the Stables.

Thom & Vargrik didn't have to look long. they saw Mendacious slumped in the corner hugging a bottle.

"What are you doing here?" Thom asked coldly

"Thom!" The mayor said with a slur in his speech "Thank Tymora I found you. After you left Principum came under attack from a hoard of Kobolds, and their was a dragon. *hic*" Tears formed in his eyes "They killed everyone, even my daughter. Blood! *sob* Blood everywhere." He took a long chug of wine from his bottle.

Thom looked at his companion Vargrik and saw he too was not pleased with what was said. "How did you get away?" Thom questioned

"I was hiding under my bed and they missed me. They dragged my daughter out of her bed and killed her!"

Vargrik "I've had enough of this. You're a fucking coward. Letting your child die." He punched him in the back of the head, knocking the Mayor out cold.

[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
16-07-2016, 11:03 AM
(16-07-2016 09:58 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I don't mean to interrupt a good story, Common Tongue

But are we all skipping a week for player absences? I'm cool with playing, too, but I figure if we're going to take a break to let other players get back, we might want to let Common know he doesn't have to wake up at 8am tomorrow Laugh out load

If that's what everyone would like to do.

We're technically down 3(ish) players out of 7. Undergroundp, ColorCraze & RocketSurgeon.
UnderP is always welcomed back. But is greaving, and I don't know if she'll return.
Color wont be back till August and Rocket will be on VaCa.

We can hold off. Continue on. Or do an alternative adventure till their return.
As much as I do like sleeping in. I really am having a lot of fun with all of you.

I'll go with the majority.

[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
16-07-2016, 11:42 AM
(16-07-2016 11:03 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If that's what everyone would like to do.

We're technically down 3(ish) players out of 7. Undergroundp, ColorCraze & RocketSurgeon.
UnderP is always welcomed back. But is greaving, and I don't know if she'll return.

As much as I do like sleeping in. I really am having a lot of fun with all of you.

Well I guess Vargruk, Gianna, and the Professor could do a smaller quest on their own. Shy
It's whatever Revs, & EA, want.
FreeThought is in an area with less than optimal internet connection, so he might not be able to adventure with us.

Shoot, this is my fave game I'm playing, right now! Blush I kinda like Vargruk Laugh out load Thanks for DM'ing for us! Thumbsup Iz a blast! Big Grin

16-07-2016, 11:53 AM
(16-07-2016 11:42 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 11:03 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If that's what everyone would like to do.

Well I guess Vargruk, Gianna, and the Professor could do a smaller quest on their own. Shy
It's whatever Revs, & EA, want.
FreeThought is in an area with less than optimal internet connection, so he might not be able to adventure with us.

Shoot, this is my fave game I'm playing, right now! Blush I kinda like Vargruk Laugh out load Thanks for DM'ing for us! Thumbsup Iz a blast! Big Grin

If Matt can go then yeah we should play if not I say we skip this week and come back next week with more people.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-07-2016, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2016 03:08 PM by TheGulegon.)
I'll check in in the morn, see if e'erbody's online. Shy

[Edit] Or just check in later on Skype, derp. Rolleyes lol

[Edit-2] We may have a Losty to play with us, tomorrow! Shy Y'all can help me streamline her character sheet laterz Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
16-07-2016, 03:22 PM
We'll have to see what kind of call connection I can get. Too much fun to not give it a shot.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post