Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2016, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2016 10:09 AM by EvieTheTurtle.)
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Okay here's my character guys Smile

[Image: Lathron_Character_sheet_2.jpg]

[Image: Lathron_Character_Sheet.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvieTheTurtle's post
17-07-2016, 12:50 PM
[Image: tumblr_mxgfi5Jecy1rfejkno1_500.gif]

Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
19-07-2016, 09:15 AM
(17-07-2016 09:55 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  I'd love to play guys if I'm not too late. I haz a character created. Should I post the character sheet here?

ETA: I've never played classic D&D before but I have always wanted to. Just played Dungeons and Dragon style RPGs on PC.

Sure you can play.

We meet up on Sundays 8:00am Pacific Time (in California) so that would be around 4:00pm your time. Your in the UK right?

Game runs about 2 - 3 hours.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
19-07-2016, 09:24 AM
(17-07-2016 10:00 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Okay here's my character guys Smile

[Image: Lathron_Character_sheet_2.jpg]

[Image: Lathron_Character_Sheet.jpg]

This is will work. However if this is your first time play Wizards can be a little confusing. You'll need to keep track of spells. Make predictions of battles before you enter them so you can have spefic spells ready. And genrally you'll need to avoid fighting (fist fights) as much as possible. They have very low health's.

But if you're up for it you should be fine. This is a large party so you should have plenty of meat shields in front of you.

All I would ask (if you don't feel like sharing you can pm me) a short back story of your character. And i'll work it into the adventure.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
19-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Oh crap. I never did do that. Totally forgot.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
19-07-2016, 03:02 PM
The stable hands brought around the Stallions for the parties journey, as well as a pony for Vargruk. Who was not to happy with this accommodation.

"Ewh, do you have anything bigger?" Vargruk asked "Because I want to keep up with the rest of the group and I don't think a pony will do that."

The staff looked bewilder, and some what amused at the dwarf taking insult to the ride offered. But they were given orders to accommodate the members best they could so they ran back to the stables and brought back a Clydesdale.

The dwarf had great difficulty getting on the back of such a large horse. Grumbling threw the whole process "I don't see why this is such a problem." "damn thing, can I just ride it upside down?" "Sake of shit" The staff grabbed a ladder that would allow him an easy climb on the back of the horse.

Before they left they wanted to grab a few things for the long journey so they stopped at Blackalbuck's Boutique. A very fashionable store. Entering the door they were greated by a well dress halfling.
[Image: randy_gallegos_guild_artisan.jpg]

"Hello, and welcome! My fine patrons, please come in. Peruse threw my fineries, to your hearts content. I am Ulblyn Blackalbuck, owner and propriety of this fine establishment." said Blackalbuck.

They shopped around all with the Halfling gleefully hoping around, grabbing the items from the shelves that they needed for their long and dangerous journey.

"Might I ask, you wouldn't be those that were hired by Nather would you?" Blackalbuck took great care at speaking as softly as he could. "It's just we don't have many blue faced men traveling around with such a diverse group of travelers in this city. And the roomers are you are for higher."

"What if we were?" Professor Bryan asked

"I am interested in hiring people of your expertise to do a little investigation on a local Tavern. I'd pay handsomely of course as 150gp each?" Blackalbuck said with a gleam in his eye and smerk on his face."

"We're busy now. Perhaps when we return." Byran responded

"Yes of course." the Halfling said.

Just then a slightly albreated woman walked in the door.

"AH! Gnat! Let me introduce you to these fine people. These are those heros we were discussion just last night."

"Huh? what?" the woman stared with a distant look. "I'm not sure what's going on?"

"Looks to me like she can barrel hold her head up, let alone a weapon." Valgruk joked to his party.

"How would you like a magic missile up your ass?" the hung-over sorcerous said as she raised her hand to reveal magical energy emitting off of it.

"I like her." Valgruk stated.

After some small talk they said farwell to the shop owner and headed to the north gate.

19-07-2016, 08:50 PM
*eagerly awaits next part of the tale*

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-07-2016, 03:01 PM
[Image: Castle_Gates_2.jpg]

They approached the large gate that separated the people of Melavaunt from the unforgiving wastes of Thar. As they did they heard shouting coming from a large well armored man.

"I'll tell you one last time! NO one gets threw this door." The burly man shouted with a voice the commanded respect. The gate guards shuttered under his presence. This was a man who was in charge, and if they had any hope of getting threw the gates he would be the man to approach.

The group road to catch up to him. "Excuse me sir!" Professor politely called

The man turned around with scowl on his face.

"I am a Lord! Not a sir! You address the Lord of Keys commander of the city's watch and army's of Melvaunt. If you address someone such as I expect it to be properly. I will not allow you to do so a second time." the Lord of Keys voice did not stutter and demanded respect as he spoke.

"Yes, my Lord we appolize for the mistake. We we're hoping to get into Thar." Professor spoke as eloquently as usual.

"No." The Lord of Keys stated bluntly

"Isn't he from House Bruil? Perhaps we can play to his sympathy's." Thom whispered to Bryan.

"My Lord, we are aware that your brother has gone missing. We are in search for him. And our investigating has lead us to Thar..." the professor was cut off before he could finish talking

"You know nothing! I have no Brother, if you're talking about that bastard grandson of my father he can rot just like the old man. As far as I'm concerned they can be both go to the Nine Hells! I have enough troubles with people going missing in the city to care any different from those in the blusterous houses."

"Can I punch him in the head now?" Varguk asked

Bruil looked a Varguk with a kind of "I like your style" look.

"Ok. You can go. But you have two weeks. Should you not return before then I'll consider you dead." Halmuth Bruil spoke with a brash authority. One that was over heard by the posted guards. Without so much as a nod he turned a walked away.

"Heard what me Lord said. Please state your business in Thar." One of the gate guards asked

The Professor said "We have dealings in a missing persons case. And are searching for 5 that were last seen heading into Thar."

"Five people you say? I might know a thing or two about there ware abouts if the coin is right." The first guard said with a smile, even looking over to his partner for a reaction. The partner shook his head in disagreement and fear that the Lord of Keys Might return.

"No, we're not giving you any money." Vagruk said with a brash not this shit again attitude.

"You sure? Very well then. Let's get threw this. Please be forward that there has been an increase in Orc activity as of late. The road is relative safe and keeping to it should bring down the run in's with the native wild life. A Owlbear sighting has been reported but not confirmed. And talk of Were-wolfs wondering about may be another conser. Weather is quite nice for the area foggy and dismal. Now make sure all children are accounted for and please enjoy your stay in Thar." with a flik of his wrist the gates were opened revealing the grey a gloomy swamp of Thar.

The adventures gathered their spirits and ventured forward.

20-07-2016, 03:54 PM
(17-07-2016 10:00 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Okay here's my character guys Smile

[Image: 1428959337.gif]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
20-07-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm back in town... so I'll be here Sunday. If we're playing, I'm there. Smile

Looks like I missed some REALLY cool RP. Nice way to keep my PC out of it! hehe

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post