Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(20-07-2016 09:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm back in town... so I'll be here Sunday. If we're playing, I'm there. Smile

Looks like I missed some REALLY cool RP. Nice way to keep my PC out of it! hehe

Man, you missed a good game.

Looking forward to the next session

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Day 1: Following the Glister Road

[Image: 4d292e6de87315d2e042e4d53dacdf6d.jpg]

The road (if it could be called that) was scarcely there. The ground was soft. And the horse's had a little trouble keeping their footing. With each step it would leave a deep impression in the ground. The fog made visibility difficult as well. But the sounds of crickets a bull frogs made it calming.

When the night came they made camp. Thom offered to take first watch.

Playing with the fire, listened to the serinading of the local wild life. Then a distant howl cut threw the night. He looked up to see wolf eyes cutting threw the darkness.

[Image: tumblr_ms94591raO1sf51yqo1_500.gif]

"Wake up!" Thom kicked Varguk who was sleeping the closet to him. "We have company." Thom grabed one of the burning logs and tossed it at the wolf. Which made it run off.

"You woke me up for that?" Vargruk grumbled and rolled back to sleep.

Day 2: Leaving the Glister Road

[Image: 804a5ba2d547b686c7cce95fcb4e75f6.jpg]

The early part of the day the weather was the same as before foggy and gloomy. Thom used his Ranger skills to see that the horse tracks they we're following left the road and headed off into the moors. Five horses and a pony. They we're on the right track.

Heavy rain greeted there afternoon making visibility, and movement very difficult. But up ahead they they caught a glimpse of an old tower. They could make out the hint of light coming from the inside. Thom suggested he go on ahead and see if the coast was clear.

Sneaking up the side of the tower and on to the roof, Thom got a good look at the occupance inside. Two men sat fire side gnawing on some ribs. They were clothed in dirty leathers and fur cloaks.

"Hail!"Vargruk shouted alerting them of their partys approch.

Thom heard the men speack to one and nother.

"Huh? who's that?" The first man said straighing his back and turning his head to adjust his ears. He then sniffed the air. "Ha, it's that group we were watching last night. Looks like our second course just searved it's self." He got up walked to the opeing of the tower and waved to Vargruk and his crew. "Hello friends! Come warm yourselve by our fire." The man that was still in the tower garbed a sword and hide it within reach from him, he hoped around as if trying to wag a tail that was not there.

Thom rushed to the edge and shouted at the top of his lungs over the pouring ran.
"WEREWOLVES!"

The man at the door grabbed his clock and threw it over his head. Transfoming into a monstrous beast.

[Image: 7a12aa8ce45d713c082f8fbae3b0b8a8.jpg]

Thom got a shot off on the man inside, catching him off guard. The spell casters threw a berrage of magic missles and summoned a large black scorpion. Vargruk grabs his axe and swung vialinlty at the snarling creature.

The werewolves with out the element of surprise on their side where taken of gaurd. And soon meet their end. After being killed the returned to their human forms, once again.

The gang took shelter in the tower, searching the room for any loot. In their search they found threw piles of hay that had been made into beds.

Professor Byran scrahed his head. "How many Werewolves did we kill?"
Vargurk "Two."
Byran "There are three beds here. We should expect extra company."

they brought the horses in and ready their gaurd for the coming night.

If this is their welcome into Thar what is to be expected deeper in? Will they find the lost Scions. Will their disengaged comrade find them?

Find out Sunday as our adventure continues.

100xp ~ Good RP
900xp ~ 2X Werewolves

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
22-07-2016, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2016 08:39 PM by TheGulegon.)
Okay, Common, here's what I think is my 'upgrades'

HP 14 -----> 28
Fort save +6 ----> +7

+1 to attack bonus = 4/2 becomes 5/3? or 5/2?

I get one additional point to place on a skill, so ride went from 2 to 3.
[Edit] I get 2 since my Int bonus of -1 doesn't count ~ ride is now 4!

1 feat for level 2, plus another for fighter. Improved Initiative *(+4), and Cleave

*Initiative is 1, right now. +4, +1, or what's up?
[Edit] Found it. +5 now.

Is there anything I missed, or got wrong? Unsure

23-07-2016, 01:14 AM
(22-07-2016 07:03 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Okay, Common, here's what I think is my 'upgrades'

HP 14 -----> 28
Fort save +6 ----> +7

+1 to attack bonus = 4/2 becomes 5/3? or 5/2?

I get one additional point to place on a skill, so ride went from 2 to 3.
[Edit] I get 2 since my Int bonus of -1 doesn't count ~ ride is now 4!

1 feat for level 2, plus another for fighter. Improved Initiative *(+4), and Cleave

*Initiative is 1, right now. +4, +1, or what's up?
[Edit] Found it. +5 now.

Is there anything I missed, or got wrong? Unsure

All characters receive feats at Levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18.

Fighters receive bonus Feats at 1, 2, 4, etc. (Every even level of Fighter... if you multiclass, it only applies when taking that level of Fighter, not combined.)

Your Base Attack Bonus will always be equal to your level, if a Fighter... but I don't know what the 4/2 thing is, to which you are referring. When you reach a BAB of 6, you will receive a second attack starting at 1, so it'd be BAB of 6/1. As a second level character, your BAB is 2, so your TAB (Total Attack Bonus) would be 2 + STR bonus +magical bonuses (like a +1 sword, for instance) + Feats (such as Weapon Focus, if you took it, for +1). Assuming a 16 STR score and Weapon Focus, you'd have 2 + 3 + 1 for a single attack at TAB of 6 with a non-magical weapon.

Initiative does not change with levels. It's always d20 + DEX bonus, unless you have feats like Improved Initiative, as you indicated, for an extra +4 in that case.

Finally, your base saves can be found on this chart, with other Fighter-related data:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/fighter.htm

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
23-07-2016, 09:34 AM
^^^What he said.^^^

Easiest DMing I ever had to do.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
23-07-2016, 12:11 PM
(23-07-2016 01:14 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  All characters receive feats at Levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18.

Fighters receive bonus Feats at 1, 2, 4, etc. (Every even level of Fighter... if you multiclass, it only applies when taking that level of Fighter, not combined.)

Your Base Attack Bonus will always be equal to your level, if a Fighter... but I don't know what the 4/2 thing is, to which you are referring. When you reach a BAB of 6, you will receive a second attack starting at 1, so it'd be BAB of 6/1. As a second level character, your BAB is 2, so your TAB (Total Attack Bonus) would be 2 + STR bonus +magical bonuses (like a +1 sword, for instance) + Feats (such as Weapon Focus, if you took it, for +1). Assuming a 16 STR score and Weapon Focus, you'd have 2 + 3 + 1 for a single attack at TAB of 6 with a non-magical weapon.

Initiative does not change with levels. It's always d20 + DEX bonus, unless you have feats like Improved Initiative, as you indicated, for an extra +4 in that case.

Finally, your base saves can be found on this chart, with other Fighter-related data:

So I only get 1 feat for being a level 2 fighter? If so it'll be Improved Initiative.

4/2 is melee/ranged combat modifier, right now. Does my fighter's level two +2 to attack help my melee, AND ranged? +1 to both melee & ranged = 5/3. If only to melee = 5/2.

I gots my save-throw increases. Thumbsup

23-07-2016, 03:55 PM
(23-07-2016 12:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 01:14 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  All characters receive feats at Levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18.

So I only get 1 feat for being a level 2 fighter? If so it'll be Improved Initiative.

4/2 is melee/ranged combat modifier, right now. Does my fighter's level two +2 to attack help my melee, AND ranged? +1 to both melee & ranged = 5/3. If only to melee = 5/2.

Yes.

Your attack bonus with a melee weapon is:
Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + size modifier
With a ranged weapon, your attack bonus is:
Base attack bonus + Dexterity modifier + size modifier + range penalty

23-07-2016, 05:09 PM
(23-07-2016 03:55 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 12:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  So I only get 1 feat for being a level 2 fighter? If so it'll be Improved Initiative.

Yes.

Your attack bonus with a melee weapon is:
Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + size modifier
With a ranged weapon, your attack bonus is:
Base attack bonus + Dexterity modifier + size modifier + range penalty

Sweet! Big Grin
I'm ready to ambush somebody, y'all. Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
23-07-2016, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure if Improved Initiative is a "Fighter feat" that can be taken on a fighter's even level. I'd look that up. Personally, I don't know that I'd want Improved Init on a Fighter, since going last in a round can actually be an advantage for a Fighter (see what to hit for most effect, after everyone else has gone), but of course it's your PC to develop.

Early on, I'd be trying to get as many combat-related feats in there as I could. If you don't have Axe Focus (a Dwarf-specific version of Weapon Focus that applies to all axes, instead of just one weapon), I'd take that for sure. I'd also take Power Attack, a prerequisite for Cleave, which allows you to make a second full attack if you kill an opponent while another is in range. Power attack also lets you sacrifice up to 5 points of TAB for up to 5 points of extra damage if you still hit... good for prone targets next to you and/or weakly-armored opponents.

And, although you're still a ways off from 4th level, I'd reserve that for Weapon Specialization on your axe of preference... gives a +2 damage bonus to every swing.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
24-07-2016, 12:01 AM
What time does the game start today?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user