Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
24-07-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(24-07-2016 12:01 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  What time does the game start today?

8:00am Pacific Time. Google should convert that for you to your local zone, if you are out of it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2016, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2016 08:04 AM by TheGulegon.)
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(23-07-2016 08:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm not sure if Improved Initiative is a "Fighter feat" that can be taken on a fighter's even level. I'd look that up. Personally, I don't know that I'd want Improved Init on a Fighter, since going last in a round can actually be an advantage for a Fighter (see what to hit for most effect, after everyone else has gone), but of course it's your PC to develop.

Early on, I'd be trying to get as many combat-related feats in there as I could. If you don't have Axe Focus (a Dwarf-specific version of Weapon Focus that applies to all axes, instead of just one weapon), I'd take that for sure. I'd also take Power Attack, a prerequisite for Cleave, which allows you to make a second full attack if you kill an opponent while another is in range. Power attack also lets you sacrifice up to 5 points of TAB for up to 5 points of extra damage if you still hit... good for prone targets next to you and/or weakly-armored opponents.

And, although you're still a ways off from 4th level, I'd reserve that for Weapon Specialization on your axe of preference... gives a +2 damage bonus to every swing.

I don't see axe focus for 3.5; just Weapon Focus: Variant
Got power attack. Which is why I could take Cleave, if I wanted. Consider Improved Initiative is a skill feat I can take as my fighter's bonus.

[Edit] I'll go with Cleave since I wanted it, too.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2016, 08:55 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
You coming Rocket?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Good game, guys!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-07-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
The Morning Meeting

Aian'ar was sitting sulking in his room when he heard a knock on the door. In hopes not to let who ever it was to believe a heroic elf such as himself would be whimpering like a little girl disguised his voice in a high pitch tone "Who is it?"

The voice on the other side of the door responded in a simaler tone "I am a messenger from House Calaudra. My lord wishes to meet with the famed Aina'naur of Silverymoon. "

"Famed?" Aina'naurs intrest was at least peked. He opened the door to she a elf dress in a butlers like uniform. The butler turned over the invitation asking for Aina'naur. "Horses wait outside with my lord." The butler said in a high pitch voice.

"I have some compaions that I believe will be intrested in this. Give me a moment to fetch them and we will be off." Aina'naur walked down the stairs to the main tavern room. with a glance he saw that they we're not present. Ether the had abandoned him or moved on with out informing him. In ether case he felt content on meeting with Lord Calaudra.

Outside waiting infront of the Crows Nest was a vibrantly colored carraige.

[Image: Carriage_of_the_Russian_Imperial_Court_(...ry)_01.jpg]
The door opened and inside a well dress half-elf waved him in.

"Oh my it is you Aina'naur. My family is very family with yours. I am honored to have the son of the High Priestess of Selûne with-in our our city walls. Thou I do have to regretfully say that not all elves are welcomed warmly here. My name is Andros Calaudra, of the Minor house Calaudra on the Council of Iron."

[Image: 200px-Varian_Jeggare.jpg]

"The honor is mine Lord Calaudra. Yes, I have gathered that there are prejudices in this city. But I must inform you I am not with the Temple of Seûne. I dedicate my life to Lathander now." Aina'naur addressed Lord Calaudra

Lord Calaudra was taken back "Surely you Jest. Son of two of the highest preists of Our Lady of Silver. Has turned to the Morning Lord."
"No my lord You can see from the symbols on my sheild and chest plate I take this very seriously."

"Yes, well I did not mean to offend. Now on to business. It has come to my attention that you have taken up contract with Lord Nather that another one of his children has gone missing. I too have a missing child. My dearest Kara. It has been five days since I've seen her last and I fear the worst. Days prior to her disappearance she had been taken small sums of money from the family coffers. When I asked her what it was for she said she was sponsoring an adventure and need it for horses, and supplies. When I asked her where this journey was to take place she said an old abandoned Orc temple towards the north. My family is well adapted in magic And I fear that she may have taken a great interested then she should have in this endeavor. I couldn't imagine her leaving the safety of our walls. Especially since talks have been taken place for a marriage alliance between our house and House Marsk. I have taken great expensises in tring to locat her."
Lord lean out the door and waved a dowly hankerchif to another elf standing in the street. The Elf was dressed as a wizard, and took a seat next to his employer. This is Lathron, a skilled wizard. I would ask you to take him with you as we he has gained my trust. And us elves need to stick together. "

Lathron looking less then enthused "Hey."

"Well met Lathron, I am Aina'naur Cleric of Lathoran. Together we will find this missing madien!" said Aina'naur

Lathron responded with the same melancholy response as before. "Ok."

Aina'naur nodded and returned his attention back to the royal half-elf"Lord Calaudra if there is any other information that you could tell me of your daughter it could help me in my search."

"She's has a crow Famlier, it's name is Esselios. Esselios never leaves her side. When I searched her room I found the word Xul'Jark. With the contracts I reached out to said it was an old Orc temple that has since fallen into ruin. In the northern reachs of Thar."

Aina'naur took a moment of thought. "Yes, I believe I have a direction now. Come Lathron, we must be off."

Lathron nodded and the two walked to the Northern gate.

There they learned of the companions that had arrived there only a day earlier and headed along the Glister Road. So they tracked into the unforgiving land.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
27-07-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
The Wildman


Ainu'naur, Lathoan with Kesh in tow. Trudged along the difficult road till they came to the part of the tracks that veeredoff into the wilderness. They pushed their way threw when they came to a clear patch that had signs of a previous encampment. The sun was drawing in, Ainu'naur decided that they should make camp for the night. Lathoan agreed to take the first watch.

During his watch, he heard someone drudging threw the marsh getting closer to him. "Hello." A raspy voice cut threw the fog. "Hello, may I approach?" Ainu'naur broke out of his meditation and grab his weapon. "Who is it?" He asked Lathoan "I don't know." Lathoan shrugged.

"May I warm myself by your fire. You see I have lost my way and it would be nice to talk with someone." The figure said as it grew closer. Ainu'naur respond "Sure, let it not me said that a Cleric of Lathoran is not hospitable."

[Image: WildernessMan078-copy3.jpg]

From out of the shadows a man in a fur cloak emerged. "Thank you friends." He walked closer to the fire and warmed his hands on the open flame. Ainu'naur asked "How did you find yourself out this way?" The man's head perked up, "oh, I was a merchant and got myself turned off the road due to the fog." Ainu'naur nodded "Well lucky for you, we are not far from the road. Only about half a day. I'm sure if you start walking now you may be able to reach it."

The man was slightly taken back but not scared off. "Oh, friend would you have any spare food to eat. I've been walking threw the woods for so long. Wouldn't you allow me to sleep by your fire. I would even be willing to watch while the rest of you sleep." That wont be necessary." Ainu'naur still untrusting on the new face "I have had a good rest and will be able to take over the next watch. Rest your self friend no harm will come to you tonight."

The man garbed some wild grass and piled it next to the fire and curled up. Holding his cloak close.

Early the next morning the party awoke. The man asked "Would you mind traveling with me, not to far from here is a tower that i took shelter in. It has some valuables that I don't wish to part with."
Ainu'naur stated "We are on a quest. But since you seem to be pointing in the direction we are heading we shale follow."

The man lead them threw the woods as if he had been threw it 1,000 times. He knew were all safest routes for getting to the destination was, and they arrived at the destination very quickly to get to the location very quickly.


[Image: 2052129_89fdf786.jpg]

"Ah good it looks like my fire is still going. Why don't you go on ahead i'll catch up to you. I believe I may have droped something." The wild man bent over and waved his hands around as if searching for something. Ainu'naur let the light emit from his holy sheild "Here friend allow me to help you." "I said go inside!" The man snapped at him. "I will once I help you find what you seek." Ainu'naur responded calmly as possible. "Gods damn it all. Now I'll have to drag your bodys in." As he stood up he revealed himself as a Werewolf.

[Image: werewolf_roar.jpg]

Leron hurled barrage of magic missiles at the beast, and Ainu'naur swung his mighty mace. The abomination snapped a scratched at them giving devistating blows. When suddenly from what seemed like out of now where a cascade of magic missiles and arrows pummeled the werewolf killing it in dramatic effect. Ainu'naur turned to she his companions standing in the entry way of the tower.

"Who's that son of a bitch?" Vargruk shouted as he pointed at Lathoan.

Ainu'naur stated "He is a friend. I am pleased to see all of you. I have some new information to aid us on our quest."

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
27-07-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
While I work on the final part.

113 xp for werewolf.
169 xp for Owlbear.

282xp total.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
27-07-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
I wish it was Sunday, naow! Sadcryface2

Laugh out load Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
29-07-2016, 09:41 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
The Ambush Sight
Day 3


The party packed up the horses, as Thom walked around the Tower inspecting the land for any sighs of the lost scions. The storm that accrued last afternoon had washed away most of their tracks, so the possibility of finding ether the their own way back or the scions could prove to be difficult. Thom used his senses to the best of his abilitys. and found what looked to be a torn yellow peice of fabric.

"This way." Thom stated as he got the attention of the rest of the party. Who at this point was saddled and ready to go.

As they road Professor Byran started up a conversation with his fellow spellcasters. Learning about their interests and ability's, giving very little time for responses. Before he would interrupt them with another one of his many well versed tales.

He even told about the band of Orcs conversation just outside of eyesight from their hidden tower. Just a few hours before the arrival. Saying "The dolts where doing what seemed to be a mockery of the common language. I would have thought nothing of it until Ainu'naur mentioned it into his reiteration of Lord Calaudra tale of what his Daughter Kara mentioned, Xul-Jarak. And something about a Pet of one of there commanders. Oh well I'm sure it's not that important." they carried on as if the conversation never happened.


It wasn't that long into their travel when the fog parted and they saw they had seen that they had arrived at a battle sight. Orc bodies laid chaotically on the ground. A murder of crows had taken part in the feast as well as something else. Something much bigger. A far end that also saw a dead horse A large figure lurched over the .

Thom sneaked forward and what he saw was a creature with a thick, shaggy coat of feathers and fur. Its body like a bear’s, but it has an avian head with big, round eyes and a hooked beak.


[Image: DND-next-owlbear.png].

"It's an owlbear." Thom said as quietly as possible as not to alert the beast. The party discussed a strategy and put it into play.

The range attackers hurled arrows and magic missiles at the beast. striking it with crushing blows. The Owlbear seeing her attackers raised it head and charge straight on swiping at Vargruk with a devastating blow. They didn't let up, and every strike met it's mark. The beast didn't get a second chance to strike. And lied dead at their feet.

With the threat taken care of they inspected their surroundings. Under one of the orc corpses they found a dead dwarf with an iron like grip on the throat of the adjacent orc . They concluded that this must have been Dorn Crownshield, the renowned orc slayer. He died as he lived, a warrior.


If this is the fate of a notable orc slayer, what chance to the lost scions have? They didn't find their bodies on the ground. Maybe they got away. Or maybe they we're taken. Whatever the case may be one thing is obvious. Our party is their only hope.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
29-07-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(29-07-2016 09:41 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Whatever the case may be one thing is obvious. Our party is their only hope.

Whelp they're well and truly fucked then. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
Post Reply
Forum Jump: