Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
18-08-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Anny..... Lathander would frown on you abandoning us to our fates in the face of all these clearly evil, and in need of extermination, orcs, right?

Besides. I still have that scar on my left ass cheek I need you to heal! Just keep your elven hands on the scar itself or I'll cut em off, Morninglord be damned. >.<

Is it Sunday yet? Hobo Fuck it ain't even Friday Weeping I be home later, peeps.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
18-08-2016, 12:57 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Day 7
Manticore


Having packed up the rations, arrows, orc robes and the mystery hood, the night before. They got a early start to the next morning cutting a trail North.

Deeper and deeper into Thar their horses took them. They watched as the trees became more sparse, the wildlife was seen less frequently. Eventually they saw a body in their path. Thom told the group to hold while he inspected it.

His boots hit the mossy ground, and he approached the corpse of a slain Orc. It was a gruesome sight the entrails of the orc had been removed it's face had a huge claw mark clean across, and paw prints surrounded the corpse.

"What is it Thom?" One of the party members asked.

"Well. It WAS an Orc. And by the tracks and marks on the body i'd say this was a Manticore attack." Thom said as he poked the corpse with a stick.

"Ok. Am I the only one that doesn't know what a Manitcore is?" Gianna asked

Thom looked to the party and in his most ominous voice told them "This creature is a monster in every sense of the word. It has the head of a vaguely humanoid beast, the body of a lion, and the wings of a dragon. The creature’s back is set with curved barbs, and its long tail ends in a cluster of deadly spikes."


[Image: latest?cb=20141113120825]

"We best be on our guard." Byran added "Nasty beasts they are."

They road further and found another Orc corpse. This one was killed with long bone like spears protruding from its body. The took only a moment to look it over and didn't want to wait around should the beast return to feed.

Two miles past the last body a high pich voice was heard. "I'm going to get you." They turned their heads in all directions. menoacal laughter was heard in the air. "I'm going to GET YOUuu." Gianna pointed her finger to the west. "There! It's over there!"

From out of the fog bone spikes fell at the feet of the front horse. Just narrowly missing. The Manticore made it's self known hovering next to the caravan of horses. It laughed a disturbing laugh, showing the rows of shark like teeth. The party was not about to go down without a fight and threw everything they could at it.


[Image: manticore_by_benco42-d6t6n5g.jpg]

The Manticore buzzed Aina'naur. Who simply looked at the beast with complete indifference.

Gianna jumped on the hindquarters of the mount twirled with all her might and chucked a bullet with her sling. Striking the creature square on the nose. The Manticore snorted wrenching his face with pain. "BAH!" the Manticore said as it flew away into the fog.

Kara questioned "Is that it? Did we win?"

Professor Byran looking to the gnome "I believe so. Manticores are proud creatures. It's probably not willing to die for a meal. I feel the danger has past. We should carry on, however.I do not wish to test this hypothesis."

After riding for some time they set up a camp. No fires were lit. As not to reveal their location.


Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
19-08-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Hey does the Power Attack feat mean I can allocate a portion of my attack bonus as damage bonus instead, or do I have to use the whole thing for one, or the other?

1D20 + 11 ~ total
Split?
Attack: 1d20 +8
Damage: 1D8 +4 +3

or does the entire +11 have to go to attack/damage?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(19-08-2016 03:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Hey does the Power Attack feat mean I can allocate a portion of my attack bonus as damage bonus instead, or do I have to use the whole thing for one, or the other?

1D20 + 11 ~ total
Split?
Attack: 1d20 +8
Damage: 1D8 +4 +3

or does the entire +11 have to go to attack/damage?

Power Attack means you can add up to five points to your damage total by subtracting up to five points from your attack roll.

You could also do +1/-1 or +3/-3, et cetera.

You swing harder, but less accurately.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-08-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(19-08-2016 03:27 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 03:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Hey does the Power Attack feat mean I can allocate a portion of my attack bonus as damage bonus instead, or do I have to use the whole thing for one, or the other?

1D20 + 11 ~ total
Split?
Attack: 1d20 +8
Damage: 1D8 +4 +3

or does the entire +11 have to go to attack/damage?

Power Attack means you can add up to five points to your damage total by subtracting up to five points from your attack roll.

You could also do +1/-1 or +3/-3, et cetera.

You swing harder, but less accurately.

Thanks, Rocket! Shy
Vargruk is itchin to split some skullz! Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(19-08-2016 03:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 03:27 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Power Attack means you can add up to five points to your damage total by subtracting up to five points from your attack roll.

You could also do +1/-1 or +3/-3, et cetera.

You swing harder, but less accurately.

Thanks, Rocket! Shy
Vargruk is itchin to split some skullz! Tongue

No problem.
Aina'naur has faith that he will. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2016, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2016 07:51 AM by Commonsensei.)
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Day 8
The Still Moors


Silence. Complete silence. No crickets. No frogs, no wind. Only the sound of the horses, and the occasional shift in the sattle.

None of the party had ever heard quiet like this. it was unsettling. It put them on constant guard.

"What was that?!" Lathron shouted and pointed to a wisp of thick cloud in the fog, that slowly dissipated "Oh. It was nothing." he said with much disappointment.

"I don't like this. I'm not used to not hearing anything. I always thought Principium was quiet." Thom said "But this is really quiet."

Proffesor Byran responded "yep."

Nothing more was said threw out the rest of this days journey.

That night they made another cold camp. They wanted the warmth from a fire. But with the possibility of so many dangers they wished to use the darkness as their defense.


Day 9
The Grey Citadel


This morning was much the same, silent. But as the sun began to set, rain fell, and a thick blanket of low-lying fog covers the land. Up ahead, beyond the gray veil, a bleak citadel looms atop a mound of black rock. No light issues from the forlorn edifice. East of the citadel, several hundred yards away, they hear orcs lots of them.

Hundreds of camp fires become clear. surrounded by even more tents. Banners hanging high over the encampments.

The party looks on. They have reached their destination.


[Image: citadelle-laferriere-_-laferri-c-3-a-8re...00_300.jpg]

What lies inside the walls of Xul-Jarak? Will Ainu'naur break out of his slump? What sort of strategy will they think of to over come the perilous dangers that lay before them? Find out next time!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
20-08-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
See everyone (that can make it) tomorrow.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2016, 04:40 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Looking forward to it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Wow, that's a formidable-looking fortress.

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: