Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 03:24 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Here's the link to the Rolz room we use. It's pretty simple and self-explanatory.

https://rolz.org/dr?room=TTA%20forum%20

Here's a link to a good 3.5 Edition ruleset if you want help building your character and re-learning the 3.5 Edition rules.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:System_...e_Document

Finally, I recommend using a character generation program to keep track of your PC. I use PC Gen, a big but comprehensive (free download) program.

http://pcgen.org/

We all form a group via Skype, and Commonsensei (our DM) broadcasts video of the map, to show movement and where are characters are, etc. If you haven't downloaded Skype onto your computer or phone, you'll need to do that and get you linked to us.

Looking forward to playing! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-09-2016, 03:35 AM
(14-09-2016 03:24 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Here's the link to the Rolz room we use. It's pretty simple and self-explanatory.

https://rolz.org/dr?room=TTA%20forum%20

Here's a link to a good 3.5 Edition ruleset if you want help building your character and re-learning the 3.5 Edition rules.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:System_...e_Document

Finally, I recommend using a character generation program to keep track of your PC. I use PC Gen, a big but comprehensive (free download) program.

http://pcgen.org/

We all form a group via Skype, and Commonsensei (our DM) broadcasts video of the map, to show movement and where are characters are, etc. If you haven't downloaded Skype onto your computer or phone, you'll need to do that and get you linked to us.

Looking forward to playing! Smile

I decided to checked out the generator you recommended, and tried to recreate my character for testing and levelling purposes. Yes, I'm still getting the hang of the basic concept of levelling up after 5 times... >.>
I think I'll stick with if for now. But at level 4 it gave me the option for a new feat and I couldn't find that in the Handbook or wikis on the progression chart. Do you know what's up?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-09-2016, 05:08 PM
(15-09-2016 03:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  But at level 4 it gave me the option for a new feat and I couldn't find that in the Handbook or wikis on the progression chart. Do you know what's up?

Well, I think if you'll look, it limits you to one feat option, the one that a Ranger would get at level 4. Rangers have normal feat progression, but they have "additional" feats that come with the class. You can see the chart here. At first level, you get a Favored Enemy (bonuses to track, bluff, sense motive, hit, and damage that enemy, based on your expertise about that hated race/species) and Tracking. At 2nd, you choose a Combat Style (either Archery or Dual Weapon), which gives you a skill that functions as the RapidShot or Two-Weapon Fighting feats, respectively, even if you don't meet other qualifications to have those feats. At third you auto-get the feat Endurance. At 4th level, you gain Animal Companion, and at 5th, you gain a second Favored Enemy... and so on.

Fighters, on the other hand, get to choose a bonus feat at levels 1, 2, 4, and so on, every even level thereafter, plus their regular feats. Everyone gets a feat at 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18. However, the fighter's bonus feats must come from the ones specific to fighters, generally combat, movement, or leadership feats.

So a Fighter gets two at first level (three if they're human), and feats at 2, 3, 4, 6 (two of them), 8, 9, 10, 12 (two of them), 14, 15, 16, 18 (two of them), and 20.

A human Fighter thus ends up with 19 total feats at level 20, making it one of the most versatile classes. This was done largely in complaint to how bland Fighters were in 2nd Edition.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-09-2016, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2016 09:57 PM by Free Thought.)
I just checked in the program; I have all my feats in the right section (rapid shot, point blank, endurance, etc) but I have the option to pick one more from left hand side but it's not limited to a specific feat. I can take Athletic, Agile, Alert, Diehard, Far shot, Precise shot, etc.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-09-2016, 02:36 PM
The stairs wouldn't take them any further. It appeared as if they have reached the bottom of the dugeon. The water that poured down the central shaft formed a large pool that existed through a crack in the southeast wall. The body of the orc that the wolf threw over the side, laid lifeless in the pool.

"I better take care of this I don't want any of the other's seeing." Thom said as he waded into the knee height waters.

Thom pushed the body so it would fall down the crack. Out of sight, out of mind.

Looking around the room they saw that the eastern end of the room had partially collapsed, although beyond the collapse they saw a rough-hewn staircase leading down into darkness. The walls of the chamber are painted with murals showing orcs presenting the spoils of war, including slave, before their king. They aslo depict powerful orc gods, and their demon allies scouring the conquered battlefields, and kingdoms of humans, dwarves and elves. Numerous alcoves contain statues of leering orc warpriest. A set of wooden doors to the north hung open on rusted hinges. and anthoer set of large bronze doors to the west were closed.

"Hmm the orcs seem like they compensating for something." Vargruk half jokingly muttered.

Outside each of these door stood short, they appeared to be stocky orcs with bristly hair, horns, or ridges along the sides of their heads.
[Image: latest?cb=20070318190239]

Luckily for our adventures these creatures appeared to have fallen asleep on the job. The crashing of the waterfalls clouded the voices of the team as they planed their strategy.

"Gianna why don't you sneak over there and slit their throats." Byran suggested.

Gianna shrugged, as she often did, in an if you say so manner. Pulled out her dagger and moved as if tiny pillows covered the souls of her feet.

Silently approaching the sleeping creature she finessely tossed her dagger in the air and with a quick swipe slit the throat of the sleeping Tanarukk. Black blood oozed out of the slit. Killing the beast silently. She then put her sights on the next one.

Thom not wanting the leave his new friends side snuk up with he reading his bow should something go wrong. Gianna repeated her action but this beast proved to be a harder kill. It woke up and flared it's arms around wanting to scream but with it's throat cut proved to be impossible. Thom fired his arrow but the moment took him by surprises and it missed the target. Gianna thinking quickly leap on the beast chest jumped in the air and quickly threw he trusty sling. Knocking it between the eyes killing it with ease.

Professor Bryan walked int the center of the pond pulled out his sling, he didn't want to waist any spells he didn't have to. Slung his bullet hitting the Tanarukk alerting it from it rest. The creature struck his friend alerting him to his presence.

"Lathron!" Professor yelled to the day dreaming wizard who had seemed to taking great interest in his reflection in the rippling waters.

"Hmm, oh yeah. I'm sorry. Hmm so what do you need?" Lathron muttered as he snapped out of his daydream, frantically pulling out loose papers of spells and incantations.

"Lathron come on we've been at this for over a week now and you need to stay focused." Aina'naur shouted

"Hmm, yes sorry. I'm sorry I just you know get distracted. So what did you need magic missle? Hmm how did I do that again?" his inscribed pages fly everywhere and he frantically grabs them before they hit the water.

"No save those, throw your dagger." The professor explain

"Oh, yes. Okay." He pulled out his dagger threw with all his might and watched as the knife made it only half way to it's final destination. "Opps."

Vargruk ran in-front of him reading his ax for the inevitable attack. Aina'naur came close in toe.

The Lumbering beasts started hoping and throwing dirt into the air and with great leaps they attacked the adventures. Vargruk tossed Boomerax opening a gap in the chest of the approaching creature. Leaving a large gap in the Tanarukks chest. Thom shouted to his wolf telling it to strick. The wolf enjoying this new game leaped at the orcish like beast ripping it's throat out.

The second Tanarukk seeing he was out match turned and attempted to flee. Aina'naur didn't give him that chance. And with a swipe of the clerics mace the creature meet it's end.

to be continued...

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
17-09-2016, 03:54 PM
"Where is that damn crow?" Vargruk questioned, looking around the room.

Esselios had perched himself on a nearby statue watching to see if his pick for saviors would survive. Or if he would have to fly to find another band. He flew down and started rapping on the large brass doors, signaling that they should enter this way.

They pushed the large brass doors open. Poking their heads in their heads saw a grisly chamber with eight pillars that supported a ceiling. Iron chains and manacles dangled ominously from each one. In the center of the room rose a stone platform, on it was carved into its smooth surface a 7-foot-long humanoid shaped concavity. On the ceiling over the platform hung a 25 foot dome and in the center a great lidless eye. Purple light lit the room and smoke swirled around.

Two rough-hewn tunnels broke through the north wall, while a tattered gray curtain concealed a 10 foot wide exit in the middle of the south wall.

Once everyone had entered the room a well armored orc walked out from the farthest cave, wiping blood off of his hands with a rag. He stopped, shocked that someone was in the room.

"It's the boss- kill him!" Vargurk shouted.

Professor Byran ran up, using his magical powers to hurl a barrage of magic missiles. Lathron stumbled up to his side, reading over his notes looked at pointed his hand in the direction of the large orc, then looked to the group, and said

"Is this ok? Should I use my magic missiles?"

A resounding "Yes!" responded.

The energy surged from his hand with such force it blew the orc clear off his feet and slammed him into the wall. His armor echoed in the chamber like a gong. With his last breath he muttered "Gruumsh..."

The crow flew around the room shouting "KARA! KARA!"

A weak but audible voice came from the cave called back "Esseliio?"

The southern curtain was then thrown back and a massive 7" tall orog stepped out. His body was covered in painted markings, and was wearing nothing more than a loincloth. He looked across the room to see one of his servants laying on the floor. Then four more orcs came from out behind the curtain, and stood by the side of their master.

[Image: tumblr_m9c5sxobfA1qzv4gao2_1280.jpg]

"You taint this holy halls with your filth!", he shouted, then looked to one of his minions "Deal with them."

Byran looked to the Alis the Cleric, to find she had been holding back and rooting them on.

"Go to the voice. Let her know we're here. We'll deal with these guys." Byran ordered, and the girl departed.

Thom pointed to his wolf and told it to follow and protect her. It wagged its tail and followed. Thom then pulled out his bow and fired 2 arrows, instantly slaying the nearest approaching orc.

Thrull, the orc leader, snarled and looked to the two of his underlings, "Get the others." They wasted no time running towards the cave entrance.

He walked forward, the one remaining orc close in tow.

"I will paint these walls with your blood!" Thrull threatened.

"So far it looks like we'll be the one's doing the painting." Varguk responded, with no fear in his voice.

The remaining orc ran forward ax in hand.

Aina'naur pulled out his mace. "Lathander, god of light and renewal. I beg of thee for forgiveness. Know even in the my time of doubt I did not stray from your ways. I call to you now. Guide me, I pray, in this hour of darkness."

Just then high above the temple the clouds parted slightly allowing light to pass through the fog-covered land. It shined upon a well in the courtyard of the temple. The light passed down the shaft to the lower level. One of The orc that had been thrown down earlier had a bracer thrown from it's body. which had floated on the surface of the small pool. This was enough to reflect that beam upon Aina'naur, giving his mace an angelic glow.

[Image: 7bebf6ccd07042a24e6dd54b9b4ad6d7.jpg]

Aina'naur charged forward his mace held far out to his side, and with one fluid motion obliterated the Orc with a mighty swing in a flash of divine power.

The Professor called upon his own magic to produce a beam of fire. Its flames lapped upon the body of the Orc's leader, singeing everything and burning away his loin cloth... incidentally revealing why Thrull was in charge.

Thrull snarled and walked back to his curtain.

Another battle was accruing while this was going on. A battle between the two orcs running for reinforcements. And the unarmed cleric with Thom's wolf.

Alis punched the face of one of the orcs. Making it laugh for only a moment, before the wolf bit his face clean off. Thom pulled back on his bow far, then hurled an arrow to the ankle of the fleeing orc, severing its foot from the rest of its leg.

Will the our adventures save the Scions? And even if they do how will they escape? What lies beyond Thrull's curtain? More soldiers? Traps? Treasure?

Find out this Sunday.
Same Dungeon time same Dragon place!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
18-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Calling all Rockets!

18-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Just a heads up next Sunday we will not be holding a session. I have family visting so i will be spending time with them. They will be out here for two weeks so the following sunday maybe a no go as well. I'll keep do what I can to keep you posted. But if I can't get to a computer that is why i'm not present.

[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
18-09-2016, 11:25 AM
GG, guys! Shy

And no worries, Rocket, I did a great job role playing Anny, in your absence! Evil_monster

I kid Tongue

22-09-2016, 07:01 AM
What happens to an Orc in full plate when he is struck by lightning? The same thing as everything else.

[Image: lightning-strikes-sky-to-ground-animated-gif.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post