Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
Not to rush you or anything but how much XP did we get Sunday?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 09:52 AM
12 x Orcs = 1200xp
Naazlog (orc leader) = 1500xp (lvl5's) 1200 (lvl6's)

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
14-10-2016, 11:53 AM
You guys playing again?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-10-2016, 12:12 PM
(14-10-2016 11:53 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You guys playing again?

This Sunday 10am central

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-10-2016, 12:17 PM
(14-10-2016 12:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 11:53 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You guys playing again?

This Sunday 10am central

Damn. I won't be able to listen in. I caught quite a bit of your session, seemed cool. Would love to play after your guys' first campaign is over.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
15-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Escape!

They vanquished Trull, the leader of the Orcs, and prevented the ceremony. They then gathered the Scions' lost belongings and ran towards the water fall room.

Thom was the first to enter and immediately saw an Orc running toward the stairs.

"Sic 'em!", he said to his wolf companion.

Wolf bolted, tripping the orc. Fitting several arrows at once to the string, Thom pulled back on his bow and released enough arrows to dispense with the humanoid creature. He walked up to the orc's body, inspected for loot, and removed a pair of arm bracers the creature was wearing.

Lathron walked over to Thom, looking at his wolf companion. "So does he do everything you say?"

Thom raised a eyebrow. "Huh? Yeah, I ask him to do things and he listens. We have a bond."

"Interesting." Lathron said, adjusting his hat. His own familiar, who was under it, attempted to escape, as it would much rather be flying around the room.

Aina'naur looked around "Surely there must be an exit down here. We can't be expecting to fight our way out through 3000 orcs."

"Hey," Thom shouted, "Aina'naur can you imbue these with light?[/i]"

Aina'naur made a puzzled face and replied, "Yes. But why?"

"I'm going to float this down that crack and see how far it goes back. It may be a way out." Thom said as he fashioned a small boat from the bracers.

Aina'naur laid his hands on the tiny makeshift raft, and it began to glow with a warm light. Thom placed the craft into the running water; as it moved with the current, it dipped down slightly then lit up a small cavernous room.

"Well there goes that idea." Thom sighed, discouraged.

Varguk stomped up with a disgruntled look. "[i]Does this mean we're going to have to fight whatever that thing was in the court yard?
"

Kara, one of the lost scions, taped Professor Bryan on the shoulder. "I can send Essolinos to scout ahead. He knows his way around these caverns already."

Professor Bryan nodded in agreement. "Smart. Go ahead."

The crow flew up to the next level, and gave a couple of caws notifying them that the coast was clear. So up to the next landing they went.

Thom the Ranger asked, "Hey, wasn't there a forge room in here?"

Aina'naur replied, "I believe so."

Professor Bryan took on a strange look of determination. "Let's take them out. I don't want anything to sneak up behind us or raise an alarm to our presence."

They opened up the doors and black smoke billowed out, accompanied by the sound of ringing hammers, roaring bellows-fed fires, and steel being quenched in barrels of water. Easily, Thom snuck in with the little halfling Gianna in tow, and they peered carefully around the corner. He saw ruffly a dozen orcs all working hard at their own forges crafting weapons and armor. At the far end, a large overseer stood watch, barking out orders.

Thom looked at Gianna and they both nodded as if they knew what the other was thinking. Just as quietly as they came in, they returned to the group to inform them of the scenario ahead.

Quickly, the party formed a plan and took positions in the doorway. Professor Bryan stepped up first, calling upon the wild magics, which responded with a huge surge because of the flame energies in the room, and fire-like energy formed around him as he threw a fireball that burst at the center of a forge, causing an explosion over 30 feet in all directions. The orcs were thrown into shock and disarray as intense flames consumed many of them, and severely burned many of the others. And yet, because the flames had come "from" the forge, none of them seemed to react as though it was anything more than an industrial accident.

The large orc boss, Nazzlog, stomped over to them, kicking them and shouting "Get back to work you lazy sods." in orcish. Other orc workers ran to the aid of the fallen, but it was too late for many of them.

Lathron was next up. Pulling out his paper for Fireball, he squinted as he read the magic words and like a cricket ball threw his fire at the newly formed crowd. Another explosion burned the most of the remaining orcs alive. Nazzlog, who by now was realizing what was happening, simply turned and shouted in a fit of rage.

[Image: tumblr_o11u85lKT31sjl4ayo1_1280.jpg]

Gianna knew this huge orc could be lethal in the enclosed space, and didn't want to give the creature a chance. With expert precision, she hurled her bullet into his open mouth and down his throat. He clutched at his throat, gasping for air. But the stone was lodged amid all the damage it had done.

The confused and terrified orc blacksmiths scattered, trying the flee behind a curtain on the north end of the room, but one by one they were picked off.

The party pursued at full speed, and yanked back the curtain. They found 3 remaining orcs frantically attempting to armor up. They were not given a chance to finish doing so.

Triumphant, the party scouted the room and found three cases and a tunnel that led down back to the bottom chamber.

Will this band of unlikely heroes save the lost youths? Or for that matter, themselves?

Find out next Sunday!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
16-10-2016, 08:50 AM

18-10-2016, 03:25 PM
4 orcs: 600xp

19-10-2016, 12:19 AM
(18-10-2016 03:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  4 orcs: 600xp

Wait, only 4? I thought last game's total was around 8 dead.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-10-2016, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2016 06:11 PM by TheGulegon.)
(19-10-2016 12:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 03:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  4 orcs: 600xp

Wait, only 4? I thought last game's total was around 8 dead.

2 on the stairwell leading up out of the dungeon, and 2 in the gate house, is all I can remember, for sure. Facepalm I can't remember if we killed, or bluffed past, the other 2 of the 4, in the stairway. Hobo

[Edit] Didn't one of our Orcish speakers lure the other 2 in the stairway over to us for a couple quick kills? My memory sucks!