Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(08-04-2017 07:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 06:43 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: ElJT9Gu.gif]

I'm sorry we broke your world... again. Hobo

[Image: Stare-GIF.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 03:43 AM
I clicked on the link and the first post in this thread insisted that I wasn't here by chance -- some kind of predestination horror is happening, I can feel it in my bones. I know now that, no matter what happens, destiny is going to lead me back here.

I'll click a cat video on YouTube and somehow it will link me to this page. I'll make a purchase on Amazon and it will ask me to pay in gold pieces. I'll need to fix the overheating problem in my computer and the instructional manual will tell me to make an intelligence check. I know it. It's inevitable. I am caught in a preordained feedback loop.

So, I'm interested in learning more about what goes on here. I looked over the first page, but that was awhile ago. I don't know what has changed. Is this game still taking place? It seems to be.

Though I will have to kick my destiny right in the groin and bow out if everyone is playing over Skype. I already play a 5th Ed. game via Skype with my friends back in North Carolina and that chews up enough of my limited bandwidth allowance as it is.

Plus, I'm not going to feel comfortable dropping into a game with a bunch of strangers from the internet using Skype -- and I've been through it. Too much self-consciousness, too easy to get small-talking and forget about the game, RP tends to be stunted because of the aforementioned self-consciousness, etc.

Hopefully it's text based since I enjoy writing. A lot. I'm weird that way. My long posts prove it.

I'll check back ... or by all means PM me ... let me know if you're interested in a newbie like me. Newbie to the forums, that is. I have years and years of gaming experience (been awhile since I played 3.5 though; would be super-cool if I could play my half-dryad character I made. I'm not into giving the character loads of specials because of her racial heritage. I just like using the lore and gives the party make-up some diversity. Yeah, dryads are a "monster" race so meh. That's okay though. I have other ideas.)

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
09-04-2017, 05:20 AM
(09-04-2017 03:43 AM)Shirina Wrote:  I clicked on the link and the first post in this thread insisted that I wasn't here by chance -- some kind of predestination horror is happening, I can feel it in my bones. I know now that, no matter what happens, destiny is going to lead me back here.

I'll click a cat video on YouTube and somehow it will link me to this page. I'll make a purchase on Amazon and it will ask me to pay in gold pieces. I'll need to fix the overheating problem in my computer and the instructional manual will tell me to make an intelligence check. I know it. It's inevitable. I am caught in a preordained feedback loop.

So, I'm interested in learning more about what goes on here. I looked over the first page, but that was awhile ago. I don't know what has changed. Is this game still taking place? It seems to be.

Though I will have to kick my destiny right in the groin and bow out if everyone is playing over Skype. I already play a 5th Ed. game via Skype with my friends back in North Carolina and that chews up enough of my limited bandwidth allowance as it is.

Plus, I'm not going to feel comfortable dropping into a game with a bunch of strangers from the internet using Skype -- and I've been through it. Too much self-consciousness, too easy to get small-talking and forget about the game, RP tends to be stunted because of the aforementioned self-consciousness, etc.

Hopefully it's text based since I enjoy writing. A lot. I'm weird that way. My long posts prove it.

I'll check back ... or by all means PM me ... let me know if you're interested in a newbie like me. Newbie to the forums, that is. I have years and years of gaming experience (been awhile since I played 3.5 though; would be super-cool if I could play my half-dryad character I made. I'm not into giving the character loads of specials because of her racial heritage. I just like using the lore and gives the party make-up some diversity. Yeah, dryads are a "monster" race so meh. That's okay though. I have other ideas.)

Unfortunately, we do meet via skype.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-04-2017, 08:46 AM
(09-04-2017 05:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Unfortunately, we do meet via skype.
Ah, how disappointing, especially since the poll said otherwise.

Only one thing left to do, then.

*kicks destiny in the groin*

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
12-04-2017, 01:00 PM
It started out that way. Skype just made things easier.

Next Sunday is Easter. So a short holiday. Then we'll pick up the following week.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
13-04-2017, 01:03 PM
/subscribed (been roleplaying 35 years and I love it)

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
14-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Neat. What editions?

14-04-2017, 02:22 PM
(14-04-2017 02:07 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Neat. What editions?
Basic (Mentzer), AD&D, AD&D 2nd ed, Pathfinder, 13th Age, D&D 5th ed, Castles and Crusades and Labyrinth Lord.

And a bunch of other non-d&d rpgs too

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
22-04-2017, 08:28 AM
[Image: 1492867662-20170422.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-04-2017, 06:29 PM
See everyone tomorrow