Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2017, 11:26 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
I've got a cold or flu going on so I might miss out. If I don't turn up just assume I'm unconscious.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2017, 10:07 PM
As most of you know we will be having a long hiatus. I working with a tight time frame and will have all of my time pressed for my new move. Our quest will continue, but not until further notice.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
11-09-2017, 08:03 PM
I'd sel me sole to Gruumsh for a lil combat.

[Image: a999c0d7b7c6bbecc72294a738b0da0c--fantas...sy-rpg.jpg]

18-09-2017, 04:35 PM
[Image: 57c19fc3fc3a56d743f84783eb248808--undead...mancer.jpg]

“Colpriziana, offina alta nestra, fuaro menut, I name the dead which I seek, Vargruk, Byran, Thom, and Gianna …….. thou art the dead that I seek. Spirit's of vengeance, deceased, you may now approach this gate and answer truly to my calling. Berald, Beroald, Balbin, Gab, Gabor, Agaba! Arise, I charge and call thee.”

After eons of slumber our powerful fighters have been called upon once again to finish what they have started. The destruction of vial the Slave Lords. What new foes will they face? What new allies will they meet? Or what new evils will they unlock?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
18-09-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm curious!
18-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Just gimme the time and day, chief

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-09-2017, 11:40 PM
(08-04-2017 08:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Part Three: Patience Is Its Own Reward

Another day. As the sun began to crest over the horizon, the slavers awoke their captives from their restless sleep. Soon they were once more shackled to their benches and oars, pushing with slowly diminishing strength in time with the beating of the coxswain's drum. Time was running out for many of the unfortunate slaves. As night fell and days wore on once more, many perished. The harsh conditions ruining all but the most stout of body and spirit. Under the gruelling conditions our heros bode their time. Waiting for their chance, waiting for their anticipated landing at Highport. Thom having received the worst punishment showed the worst wear and tear, his body battered and malnurished, but his ironclad will remained; a burning desire for freedom and revenge keeping him alive as fears of his death loomed in the back of his mind as he starved. His benchmate helped keep him present in the moment; a man named Logan desperate to escape to find his family in Highport. Thom's tormentor-slave wasted away in front of him, until he too passed in the night.

Days of hard, body-grinding work came and went on the damned slaver vessel. But soon a ray of hope shone upon the party.

"Land ho!"

Soon after the cry came, so too did more guards. The party were gathered. "You lot 'ave be'ave yerselfs, so we're letting you 'elp us wit unloadin'". On hearing this, Logan begged Thom to find his family and tell them of his fate, before giving into desperate madness. They were taken away. Crates were placed on dinghies, Thom's wolf in a cage amongst them, and taken into port for the party to do their work unloading, while more slaves were taken down for auction. And for the briefest of moments, they were left unguarded. One guard supervising the unloading of auction slaves, the other suddenly gone behind boxes to urinate.

The party seized their moment; taking up boxes as to seem busy they went to the obscured guard tending to himself and launched their attack; still manacled, Varguk jumped and swung the chain binding his wrists around the guard's throat while Thom, Gianna, and Byron used the surprise to pin the slaver's arms to prevent him from resisting. It was over in a matter of seconds. Varguk's still great strength, weight, and his shorter stature led to the chain bending the man backward and down, he leveraged this and pulled down hard, utterly obliterating the surprising man's larynx and windpipe before he could utter a single cry for help. They pushed the dying man into the ocean to drown.

Byron attempted to cast a simple spell to test if they were free from the Captain's magic-nullifying necklace. Not yet. The party quickly debated; Varguk, Gianna, and Byron urging haste; that they get out of the field immediately so the Byron could teleport them back to the safety of Melvaunt to rearm and regroup. Thom refused to leave without his friend Volf, proposing they break him out of his cage and leave. Byron and Varguk attempted to quietly smash the wooden bars whilst the remaining guard was distracted some ways off with the slaves being sold. Gianna nimbly managed to remove a locked bar, allowing Volf to escape. After whipering his praise and assurance , Thom gently led the wolf out, and the party picked up boxes again to blend in. Having made their way far from the ship, Professor Byron conjured his wild magic, and teleported the party away.

In a flash, the party materialised; in chains and rags, in poorer shape than they'd ever been seen, just in front of the Crowe's Nest Inn, their base of operations during their previous time in Melvaunt.

Part 4: Sowing The Seeds.

Bloody and worn party enters the Crowe's Nest Inn. Few were in the building; the barkeep was tending his tankards, the serving girl cleaning the tables. And a bouncer stood by the inner doorway.
With the gentle breeze of the doors opening, the bar tender looked up as the group entered in their tatters.
"We don't serve slaves. Get out." The well dressed barkeep said, venomous disdain leaking from his voice.
The Professor continued forward as the bouncer intercepted him. "We were hoping to see the owner of this establishment, he is a friend of ours."
"Mistah Crow got no time fer slaves, shove off!" the bouncer spat in reply as he laid his hands on the professor to turn him. Varguk muttered angrily, preparing his muscles to spring on the man if things went further. Thom shoved passed the rest of the party and the bouncer, eventually going being the bar shouting "Don't you know who we are, you ingrates? The saviours of this fine city?! Pauntry where are you!"
The barkeep tried to wrestle Thom back "You aren't the heros, slave, now stop this before I call for the Guard and have you all flogged!"
"How many bloody people do you know that are blue head to foot?!", Thom rebutted referring to Professor Byron's unique skin shade, just as the door to the Inn's office opened to reveal a stern-faced Pauntry. "What's all this racket? It's not even midd--"

His eyes fell onto the scene; his bouncer manhandling a tall man of blue skin, an angered Dwarf with timid Halfling, a large Grey Wolf, and a short impetuous unkempt youth trying to wrestle past his barkeep. These were the Adventured that had entertained and done business with him. But now they were in slave rags, wrists and ankles scarred by shacklemarks, and clearly malnourished. The young Ranger was ever worse off, half starved and wounded all over with a brand on his neck. He stood in his doorway dumbfounded at this sudden turn of events.
The Professor and Varguk however wasted no opportunity, brushing past the now off-balance bouncer. "Ah Pauntry, my good fellow! How are you? Why we certainly have a tale to tell you! But first, might we impose upon you for some charity?" the blue academic said as he and his company advanced on the bar and seated themselves. "I'll have a strong tankard of booze, anything will do. Oh, and some roasted meat!" Varguk requested as he climbed his stool.
Pauntry approached them, while telling the barkeep to let young Thom go. In his graciousness, he gave them their room again, ordered the serving girl to buy some healing potions for the party while they talked, and had the barkeep fetch some meals. After Thom ensured Volf was well fed he trudged up the stairs to the room, collapsed on the bed and didn't wake for one and a half days.

As Byron spun the tale of their time in Safeton and their escape from the clutches of the Slave Lords he asked some things; just some spare clothes until the party saw to calling in their debt from one of the remaining indebted Lords of the city; with the money they'd obtain they would repay Pauntry his costs for his aid, then they would rearm and get their vengeance.

The party tended to their business; buying a new bang of holding for the entire party, searching for weapons, calling in their favour. Until one night they heard a knock at their door; a large package was left, no sign of a courier or clue of who sent it. Within was their old gear; weapons, clothing, mundane items but taken as magical or lost in the burning of their bags of holding.

And a magical notebook. As Byron opened the book, the blank pages began to fill with words:
The Slave Lords Inner Council are in conference. You have three days to catch them in one strike. We took great risk obtaining and return your arms for you; good luck and waste not this rare opportunity.

Thom healed now saw his unstrung bow and grinned wolfishly. "Finally time to teach them not to cage wolv-- AUGH" The brand on his neck began to glow a fierce red, smoke rose from it as though Thom was being branded anew. His words were turned to spluttered gluttoral syllables. His body convulsed uncontrollably and he hit the wooden floor with a loud THUD. His companions simply stood as he seized while trying to sit up again. Eventually the agony of the episode ended. Byron in his wisdom had Vaguk help carry Thom to the most powerful holyman they knew, thinking it the best way to remove the clearly cursed brand.

The enormous Priest of Tyr stood before the companions as they explained, unlike last time his face was a grim mask. "We shall try to excise this evil blight, but I am unsure if even I have the power. Many priests and clerics gathered around, singing Hyms to Tyr, asking his aid to remove the evil. The gargantuan man held a ceremonial dagger than begun to shine with Tyr's holy power and pressed it into the brand. Thom screamed and seized again. But the ablution did little; the brand rose above the new burn. The Priest apologised for his failure, promising to devote himself fully to his God once more lest he fail again.
Byron had one last idea. It was a long-shot; casting Dispell in their inn room, he had no idea if it would fix the issue. To all's surprise, the mark faded and pain ceased; the brand remained but now sat inert.

With that done, Byron scried the Dwarven slave lord they had met. The next day he used the location he saw to teleport where the man was during his viewing. Saying their farewells again and repaying Crowe once more, the party left, vanishing into the light as the Professor spun his magics.

[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
20-09-2017, 03:27 PM
How dose the first work for everyone? Usual time. Well sort of usual it would be around 11:00am for me now. Just mean's I get to sleep in a little.

21-09-2017, 03:27 PM
I'll be relatively busy, at all hours of the day, until the 25th, and the night of the 24th, so the 1st sounds great to me! Thumbsup

Glad you're back, Common. Shy All moved in, & stuffs?

21-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Works for me