Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2016, 09:46 AM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
(08-06-2016 09:40 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Any idea what class my character should be based on my description? Plain fighter?

You can go just plain fighter with an epic backstory and Batman-esque motivation.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Eare to a royal thrown after his parents we're stabbed in a back ally of a play house. Only to use his fortune on the finest horse's, best armor, and latest weapons. He's not the knight the people want, but the knight people need.

Fighters are pretty versatile.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
08-06-2016, 11:22 AM
(08-06-2016 11:03 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Heir to a royal throne after his parents were stabbed in a back ally of a play house. Only to use his fortune on the finest horse's, best armor, and latest weapons. He's not the knight the people want, but the knight people need.

Fighters are pretty versatile.

Bonus points if you manage a Mask of Zorro reference.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-06-2016, 12:11 PM
Can I get some idea what part of Faerun we'll be playing in, how the party recruiting will take place, and such? It'd help construct why my holy man is where he is, doing what he's doing. Just a sketch outline of the campaign setting would help me greatly in constructing this guy.

Also I'd like to ask if I'll be allowed to use the Radiant Servant of Pelor prestige class as the Radiant Servant of Lathander (or will instead be forced to settle for the Morninglord of Lathander one), so I can begin the setup/build?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
08-06-2016, 12:49 PM
I'll be your thievin' gnome rouge out for adventure!

I don't know if I should construct an entire new backstory or go off what I've already developed from my last game. It was played in a different world, so maybe something a bit different?

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
08-06-2016, 04:14 PM
I've finally decided to play a female human fighter named Morwen (which is technically an elven name, not to mention taken from a Tolkien character, but whatever).

Chaotic good is the alignment that fits her I think. I'll be killing a lot, but only the bad guys.

Back story on a pm soon.

Have we decided where we'll be playing finally?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
09-06-2016, 09:55 AM
It looks like the Book of Communication has won out. So we will be playing on the forum. There are still two days for people to sign up and come up with their characters.

I will leave the group open so if we get anyone that comes in mid-game it's never to late to join in. Even if it was just for one afternoon.

I think the new order of business would have to be time frames.

I know UGp lives in Greece so we have a 10 hour difference. And if I remember right Free Thought is in Australia which is a 13 hour difference?

The only days that I would be able to run things early so that we can accommodate would be a Sunday Monday. So unless people have church to go too Wink how dose Sunday sound?

If I'm on around let's say 7:00am or 8:00am (PT) would that be to early for everyone? Most sessions could run about an hour or longer.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
09-06-2016, 10:17 AM
(09-06-2016 09:55 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  It looks like the Book of Communication has won out. So we will be playing on the forum. There are still two days for people to sign up and come up with their characters.

I will leave the group open so if we get anyone that comes in mid-game it's never to late to join in. Even if it was just for one afternoon.

I know UGp lives in Greece so we have a 10 hour difference. And if I remember right Free Thought is in Australia which is a 13 hour difference?

The only days that I would be able to run things early so that we can accommodate would be a Sunday Monday. So unless people have church to go too Wink how dose Sunday sound?

If I'm on around let's say 7:00am or 8:00am (PT) would that be to early for everyone? Most sessions could run about an hour or longer.

Seems like a plan. One thing though I am having some issues with figuring out the 3.5 character sheets. Never played this version so I am not sure what all I need to do here. Have my stats rolled (4d6 drop lowest) and allocated got the bonuses but what then?

09-06-2016, 11:10 AM
I went with "standard bell curve" stats, to save the trouble of worrying about who rolled what. Simply take an 18, 16, 14, 14, 12, and a 10, and assign them to whatever stat fits the character, then modify for racial bonuses, if any.

My Cleric wound up with:

STR 16 (+3)
DEX 12 (+1) (Assigned the 10 here, High Elf made it +2)
CON 10 (+0) (Assigned the 12 here, High Elf made it -2)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 18 (+4)
CHA 14 (+2)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
09-06-2016, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 11:25 AM by Commonsensei.)
(09-06-2016 10:17 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 09:55 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  It looks like the Book of Communication has won out. So we will be playing on the forum. There are still two days for people to sign up and come up with their characters.

Seems like a plan. One thing though I am having some issues with figuring out the 3.5 character sheets. Never played this version so I am not sure what all I need to do here. Have my stats rolled (4d6 drop lowest) and allocated got the bonuses but what then?

You take those scores and add them to your states. Char, Dex, Str etc. You then go to your skill tree add the modifiers that you have

For example if you had a +3 in your Dex

You look down the list of skill like Balance is a dex skill and had that +3 to that skill. In addition if you had added any skill points to the let's say you put 2 skill points to Balance that would make your total +5 for Balance checks.

Those scores also attribute to your Armor Class (also subtracting them for touch and Flat-footed) ,Base Attacks, Saving throws, Initiative, grapple attack, and HP.

[Image: DD-Character-Sheet.jpg]

I can't find the PDF on-line but I had a book of Deluxe Character Sheets. That laid out custom sheets for different classes.