Poll: What magical communication artifact do you choose?
This poll is closed.
The Magic Looking Glass 0% 0 0%
The Book of Communication 55.56% 5 55.56%
Lord Ao's Chess Table 33.33% 3 33.33%
Other (please comment below) 11.11% 1 11.11%
Total 9 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

D&D Role-playing sign-up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 03:15 PM
RE: D&D Role-playing sign-up.
This is a bit more basic than D20 but it does have a built in die roller and we can make a private room for free.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Am I to roll my own stats?

09-06-2016, 03:39 PM
(09-06-2016 03:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Am I to roll my own stats?

Who else would do it?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-06-2016, 03:44 PM
(09-06-2016 03:39 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 03:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Am I to roll my own stats?

Who else would do it?

I figured you would provide us with them, or a max number of points to place where we want like Rocket suggested, lest I miraculously roll up a character with 18 on every stat. Tongue

09-06-2016, 03:45 PM
I'm working with UGP right not to get her character together. I can do the same with you If you'd like help Gulegon.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-06-2016, 03:51 PM
(09-06-2016 03:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 03:39 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Who else would do it?

I figured you would provide us with them, or a max number of points to place where we want like Rocket suggested, lest I miraculously roll up a character with 18 on every stat. Tongue

Nope to each their own.

09-06-2016, 04:11 PM
(09-06-2016 12:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 12:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Remember that you can only have base rank of Level + 3 in any skill that is a Class skill, and half that (rounded down) in non-Class skills. So a Level 1 PC could have a maximum of 4 ranks in any skill.

(ETA: Your total skill adds in other bonuses, such as stat bonuses... so for instance if you had 4 ranks in Knowledge, an INT-based skill, your 18 intelligence adds another +4, so you'd roll with a base of 8 plus whatever you get on the d20 roll against the Skill Check DC to determine success or failure.)

Ok missed that so I will go X4 in the 3 I said X6 and see what else I can do, maybe take a couple extra languages. The ones 1 wanted single points in (other than magical device) are non-class skills so I can only get 1 point in them this level if I am reading it right.

Honestly I feel proud of myself for being able to understand all this Blush

I'll roll stats tonight and see how things go. Also sending backstory via PM.

I'm open to a live chat option, I just voted for the forum cause I know my internet connection can't handle too much and I don't know anything about Roll20.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
09-06-2016, 04:13 PM
(09-06-2016 03:45 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'm working with UGP right not to get her character together. I can do the same with you If you'd like help Gulegon.

That'd be cool. Shy
But I gotta be off here for a while to mess with some stuff around the house. Undecided

If you're not around when I get back, I'll ask others who have their character together already to help me do the same. Thumbsup

09-06-2016, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 08:25 PM by TheGulegon.)
Male, reddish haired/bearded, Dwarf Fighter from Belsimer
4'5", 160 lb., 50yo, Lawful Neutral

Str-17, Dex-12, Con-18 (+2), Int-9, Wis-10, Cha-8 (-2)

Initiative: 1
Attack bonus: 4/2
AC: 17
Saves: Fortitude~+6, Reflex~+1, Will~0
Racial saves: +2 against poison, +2 against Magic, +1 to attack Orcs, +4 to dodge giants
HP: 14

Background:
Background) Vargruk finds his father's smith work to be boring, and his fingers too fat to intricately cut gems as his mother does. A small fire in his fathers forge sent him to be apprenticed by his mother instead. After shattering an expensive gem, given over to her by a wealthy patron, he decided to try & join the Hammerhand clan to aid in defending his home. But they would not have him until his debts for the gem had been paid, and his honor, lost to the fire in his father's forge, had been redeemed. The law required it of him. Dwarven lives are long, but Vargruk could not see himself working the quarry or cleaning the middens for money, or learning a peaceful trade to regain status. So Vargruk has decided to regain honor at the end of his axe, and money from those who would pay him for his service. He fully intends to pay his debts, but he doesn't agree that he should be forced to do so in the manner the law requires. So he wrote his parents a letter explaining this, and headed topside to seek his fortune.

Skills: Climb-4, Jump-4, Ride-2, Swim-4

Languages: Dwarven, Common

Feats: Armor Proficiency-Light/Medium/Heavy, Combat Reflexes, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Power Attack, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Tower Shield Proficiency

Equipment: Light Crossbow (1d8) w/ 10 bolts, Dwarven Waraxe (1d10), Scale Mail (+4), Large Steel Shield (+2), Bedroll, Blanket, Fishing net, Flint/Steel, Belt Pouch, Rope(50ft), Grappling Hook, Rations, Waterskin, spare Travelers Outift.

Animals: Donkey, Pack Saddle

Coin: 8 silver

09-06-2016, 06:04 PM
(09-06-2016 03:51 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 03:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I figured you would provide us with them, or a max number of points to place where we want like Rocket suggested, lest I miraculously roll up a character with 18 on every stat. Tongue

Nope to each their own.

In that case, I'm just gonna copy Rev's stats, and move 'em around to suit a Cleric. I think keeping all the PCs at the same stat total is a healthy thing for the party.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson