D&D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2011, 03:58 AM
RE: D&D
About the rules, it's not so hard to explain, or understand, but you need to love the whole D&D world, because first you need to read one book from cover to cover (Player's Handbook), then you need to read a bit form DM's Guide and then you can start, but while playing you need all sorts of different books for specific purposes. I have couple of GBs in .pdf on my computer, and we use most of them on every campaign. So it's not complicated, but it's very big, and if you don't want to read, and read a lot, D&D is not a game for you. I've been studying it for 10 years now, started with 2nd edition, now we are on 3.5 edition. 4th edition is terrible, they changed everything, and not in a good way.

Love the game.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 12:40 PM
@Filox

I just want to understand for PC RPG games like Dragon Age.
MY friends play on maximum difficulty and get bored , I play on easiest difficulty and get my ass handed to me every single time.
That's why I want to "educate" myself on D&D rules.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
18-03-2011, 01:38 AM
But Dragon Age is not a D&D game, so it has nothing to do with D&D rules. What you need to do is read carefully about every skill and try to combine the skills for your specific character. Also, find some tutorials on internet, so maybe you can find some good advice how to start, what skills to use, etc...

And understanding the D&D only by reading the rules or someone explaining them is impossible, until you play it for real, that is the only way to get all those numbers and actions in order. It's very simple once you start.

P.S.
There is a chance that Dragon Age is a D&D 4th edition game, but I don't play 4th edition so I don't know about those rules, nor do I care, because it is not the D&D as it was.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson