DAMN THE ATHEIST

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 09:38 PM
RE: DAMN THE ATHEIST
I've never understood the idea of "why don't atheists kill themselves since there's nothing else." Um... most theists believe in an afterlife, so they'd be more likely to do it. Right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
19-01-2015, 09:42 PM
(19-01-2015 09:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I've never understood the idea of "why don't atheists kill themselves since there's nothing else." Um... most theists believe in an afterlife, so they'd be more likely to do it. Right?

Not only do they believe, they desire it. You'd think they would be in a hurry to get there.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
19-01-2015, 09:50 PM
(19-01-2015 09:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I've never understood the idea of "why don't atheists kill themselves since there's nothing else." Um... most theists believe in an afterlife, so they'd be more likely to do it. Right?

There's always a loophole with that bunch.
Now, if they could somehow kill themselves then ask for forgiveness and take jeebus blah, blah, blah...
20-01-2015, 06:08 AM
I am neither dumb or stubborn,...I am simply aware of the fact that if there is a god he is cruel and without feeling..the bible is a collection of fables and here says...if god exsists then why does he close his eyes to all the suffering in this world....darwin..is the way forward,....
[+] 3 users Like ebony Mileva's post
20-01-2015, 07:24 AM
(19-01-2015 08:28 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I wonder how long before another jack ass takes his place lol.

not long enough
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
20-01-2015, 11:47 AM
(19-01-2015 03:29 PM)laijorad Wrote:  [align=center]Atheists are dumb & stubborn . They proudly deny God's existence as if they have been all over the universe and have not found him, They say where is he? Why can't we see him?

Isn't this god character supposed to be everywhere?
If so then there is no need to look everywhere, anywhere will do.
I looked in the cupboard under the stairs and found no obvious deity, only a spider. To be on the safe side I worshiped the spider for a while with no effect. I did however notice that in poor light spider legs look a bit like noodley appendages. This is absolute irrefutable proof that my spider is the one true god as the FSM is clearly based on it.
All hail the lord spider.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
20-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Someone who bases their beliefs on one book and one book alone is calling atheists stupid. Why don't you look around or through your indoctrination and you might be surprised what you learn.
[+] 4 users Like Jack_Ripper's post
20-01-2015, 05:32 PM
(19-01-2015 09:50 PM)pablo Wrote:  There's always a loophole with that bunch.
Now, if they could somehow kill themselves then ask for forgiveness and take jeebus blah, blah, blah...

They pretty much must include rules against unjustified suicide for that. When I was a kid, I was told those who killed themselves would be stuck between heaven & hell for some indeterminate amount of time. Then they'd be allowed into heaven because they had been sick.

I don't think that was standard Catholic doctrine. Probably just what the locals wanted to be true.
20-01-2015, 05:39 PM
(19-01-2015 03:29 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
Atheists are dumb & stubborn . They proudly deny God's existence as if they have been all over the universe and have not found him, They say where is he? Why can't we see him?
What is the point of staying in earth and going through all this if we could see god. If we could see god, it would be hard even to breath let alone to move. We will surly die out of fear, God is great.
Follow the link to continue reading [Link Removed]=

mmmmm actually my lil troll, on average we are much more intelligent then the average believer in fairy tales...lets review:

According to the leading science journal Nature a recent survey of members of the National Academy of Sciences showed that 72% are outright atheists, 21% are agnostic and only 7% admit to belief in a personal god. Atheists know all about science.

Also. atheists know more about religion than most theists.

U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey

“Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups on a new survey of religious knowledge, outperforming evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants and Catholics on questions about the core teachings, history and leading figures of major world religions by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life. Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons perform better than other groups on the survey even after controlling for differing levels of education. Jews and atheists/agnostics stand out for their knowledge of other world religions, including Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Judaism. Atheists/agnostics and Jews also do particularly well on questions about the role of religion in public life, including a question about what the U.S. Constitution says about religion.”

Intelligence and Religion

#1 - National Longitudinal Study of Youth, which includes intelligence tests on a representative selection of white American youth, where they have also replied to questions about religious beliefs. The results were published in the scientific journal Intelligence, demonstrated that Atheists scored an average of 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions.

#2 - Richard Lynn, emeritus professor of psychology at the University of Ulster, compared religious belief and average national IQs in 137 countries. Using data from a U.S. study of 6,825 adolescents, the authors found that atheists scored 6 IQ points higher than non atheists. Lynn said, "Why should fewer academics believe in God than the general population? I believe it is simply a matter of the IQ. Academics have higher IQs than the general population.

#3- Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQs tend not to believe in God."

#4 - A study published in Social Psychology Quarterly in March 2010 also stated that "atheism correlates with higher intelligence".

#5 - The more religious you are, the less likely you are to be intelligent, a new scientific study has found. According to researchers, Christians - particularly fundamentalists who believe the Bible is God's word - have a lower IQ than those who are less religious. A possible reason behind the finding was a tendency for more intelligent people to challenge religious claims, said one of the researchers, New Zealand psychologist Professor Tim Bates. "If you believe in religion, you haven't really questioned things," he said. "Brighter people were less likely to feel that religion plays a dominant role in their life."

*pats on head*

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
20-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Looks like the Sunday driveby was a little late this week...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g